• Something I’ve noticed that the new retreat rules allow:

Germany attacks Egypt on G1, with 1 inf + 1 arm from Libya, 1 inf + 1 art/arm from S. Eur and 1 fighter from Balkans.

G gets 2 hits, UK gets 1 hit. G loses 1 inf (from Libya) AND retreats the armor back to Libya BUT continues the attack with 1 inf, 1 art from the transport and 1 fighter, against 1 UK fighter. You risk lesser odds (but still 96% to taking Egypt) but you save the armor for the next round.

• '12

Interesting.  When retreating, amphib must fight on, but you can choose to retreat the forces from land but NOT the air-support?  Is this specific to amphib assults?  Could you attack from land and air, retreat the land after 1 round but continue air assaults?  Not that I could think of a reason why one would want to do that, but your scenario is a desirable one.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Interesting.  When retreating, amphib must fight on, but you can choose to retreat the forces from land but NOT the air-support?  Is this specific to amphib assults?  Could you attack from land and air, retreat the land after 1 round but continue air assaults?   Not that I could think of a reason why one would want to do that, but your scenario is a desirable one.

Ah, I failed to see that the fighter must retreat as well. In that case not much interesting anymore. :(

• How do you bring units from Algeria to Egypt on G1??? Doesn’t the TRN starts too far for that?

• '12

I believe Hobbes meant SEu.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

I believe Hobbes meant SEu.

Edited

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m