Does Alpha 2 replace oob Pacific/Euro for a global game?

• I recently received both Pacific/Euro sets. My freinds and I would like to use Alpha 2 as the premire ruleset for the  global game. My main questions are, how do you apply Alpha 2?Is Alpha 2 replacing oob? If Alpha 2 replaces oob, how and what do you use out of the original booklets? Before we begin, we agreed to establish a concrete ruleset,including any changes or faqs. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be extremly greatful.

• Official Q&A

First, apply the Pacific FAQ and the Europe and Global Official Rules Clarifications to the box rules.  Then, apply the Alpha Rules.

• Thanks Krieg. You are a life saver. My sets arrived today and I was scratching my head thumbing through the books. I gotta say, the effort that was put into the creation and playtesting of this brand is trully emense. I will start downloading the data from the links you suggested. I look forward to future games both online and offline.

• Defiance if you write a letter to the WoC support you can get shipped 6 japanese tactical bombers and a correct battle strip for Pacific '40.

• Thanks for the heads up Noll. I figure its going to take atleast a week or so to learn the rules. The first AA game I played was in Iraq,and we didnt have much time to learn the game. However, now that I am out of the service, I can learn properly. This site has opened up my eyes to proper build orders and strats. Thanks again for repling to my post.

• @Noll:

Defiance if you write a letter to the WoC support you can get shipped 6 japanese tactical bombers and a correct battle strip for Pacific '40.

Wait what? Is this because Japan lacks enough tac bombers, a problem that has always pissed me off?! I can finally get enough?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m