• SciFi and Horror Movies: After you’ve seen 'em as much as you can stand(love 'em or hate 'em)…

Mute the sound and watch 'em!
    :lol: Great comedy! :lol:

I think I posted a similar note here in a previous incarnation/incantation/inebriation. :P :wink:

• I saw the first 15 minutes of the Ring once. Maybe it was the fact that it was broad daylight outside or that the picture was fading in and out because I had it hooked up through my VCR, but it seemed rather absurd and predicatable to me. That, and the acting (from what I saw of it) didn’t seem too wonderful. Of course, I only saw the first 15 minutes.

• @bossk:

I saw the first 15 minutes of the Ring once. Maybe it was the fact that it was broad daylight outside or that the picture was fading in and out because I had it hooked up through my VCR, but it seemed rather absurd and predicatable to me. That, and the acting (from what I saw of it) didn’t seem too wonderful. Of course, I only saw the first 15 minutes.

man, i totally didn’t get “predictible”. As i said - neat mystery, but i don’t think i would have predicted what might have “come next” - although i’m generally pretty good at those kinds of predictions.

• Like I said, only saw the first 15 minutes. It just didn’t hook me like a lot of worse horror movies do.

• @bossk:

Like I said, only saw the first 15 minutes. It just didn’t hook me like a lot of worse horror movies do.

you mean like Army of Darkness?

Greatest horror movie EVER!!!

• Wooohooo……

although … horror? … well, yeah, undead and stuff :)

• @cystic:

…Army of Darkness?
    Greatest horror movie EVER!!!

You and F_k agreeing!?! :-?
    I’ve gotta check this movie out.

• Army of Darkness kicks deadite a$$. Although, I did prefer Evil Dead 2 just a little bit over Army of Darkness. The scene with the talking stuffed elk head just gets me every time.

• @bossk:

Army of Darkness kicks deadite a$$. Although, I did prefer Evil Dead 2 just a little bit over Army of Darkness. The scene with the talking stuffed elk head just gets me every time.

that was pretty good . . . .

• Dezrtfish - You got my vote, I really liked it, too…

• '19 Moderator

I thought Army of Darkness was more of an action movie. I will agree that is was a good movie, as long as your not in to realizam. :)

• lol me, my brother, and my cousins used to love Army Of Darkness :lol:

I love horror movies though…The Ring was very cool. Also read a lot of Stephen King stuff, and I’ve seen a few of his movies. My fav book of his was probably Misery! One of the few books I’ve read that REALLY had me in suspense. If any of you are King fans and haven’t read this book, I recommend it! :D

As for horror movies though, i own Misery, Children of the Corn, Pet Sematary, IT, the Scream trilogy…(From Dusk til Dawn, The Faculty, Signs) <== not REAL horror movies, but you know what I mean!

And I did like the Blair Witch Project. I was really mad though when I was informed it wasn’t real :x :cry:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m