• '19 Moderator

Holy Crap! Did anyone see this movie?

I wantched it last night. I have to say one of the best horor flicks I have seen in a long time!

This morning I was walking past the TV and a fly was walking on the screen I almost messed myself!

• I’ve only seen parts of the movie.
    Heard alot of good things about it though.
    Its lacks gore, from what I’ve heard as well, and that’s never good.

Now, House of 1000 corpses, that’s a true horror flick! :lol:

• I saw the original japanese version a while ago. I haven´t seen the US version.

What I saw was really a horrorflick! Scary as all that! Naturally I had to make a copy to show to a friend of mine……

• '19 Moderator

Hell yes! I am making 2 coppies just to be sure. Some time before this friday!

• '19 Moderator

I’ve heard about house of 1000 corpses but haven’t seen it.

Did you know that he (Rob Zombie) set up a haunted house by the same name, and that it was closed down by the California heath department?

He put rotting meat under the floor boards because he thought the smell would be a good effect. :o The Health dept. disagreed. :-?

• Did you know that he (Rob Zombie) set up a haunted house by the same name, and that it was closed down by the California heath department?

He put rotting meat under the floor boards because he thought the smell would be a good effect. The Health dept. disagreed.

Ahh, there’s only one Rob Zombie. The guy is classic. :lol:

• @dezrtfish:

Holy Crap! Did anyone see this movie?

I wantched it last night. I have to say one of the best horor flicks I have seen in a long time!

This morning I was walking past the TV and a fly was walking on the screen I almost messed myself!

i thought it was “ok”. A neat “whodunit”, but not that scary a movie. My date was freaked out a fair bit, but maybe my mind won’t let me be freaked out by a movie when it spends its time, spinning its wheels decrying every event and effect.

• '19 Moderator

So what kind of movie scares you CC?

• @dezrtfish:

So what kind of movie scares you CC?

not too many.
    i guess it would have to be something with a paranormal bend that i could see being a possibility.
    I found “Signs” very suspenseful (although maybe not that scary).

• '19 Moderator

I guess scare it realy not the term I mean. I haven’t realy been scared of a movie since I saw Phantasam when I was about 9.

How about “Stir of Echos” with Kevin Bacon. Not scarey, but I thought it was a good paranormal thriller. When I see a movie like that it kind of gives me the willies.

Ever seen an old B movie called “The Hills Have Eyes”?

I saw that when I was like 6 and I still chach myself looking over my shoulder when I am camping. But I saw it through the eyes of a 6 year old. :o

• The Ring is somewhat along the old Hitchcock horror genre…as was stated “no gore” and no blood, too, if I remember correctly.

The older generation is still scared by this type of movie(and little kids if it’s their first one.) However, with all the blood and guts and color and imagination put into the films these days it’s hard to scare the younger generation who grew up on the aforementioned.

Try watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre. You’ll probably laugh your buns off. I enjoy many old horror movies, but roll in the floor laughing at the Psycho stairway scene with Martin Balsam.

Too many movies have people jump at the phone ringing when the suspense(music, silence, shadows, etc.) hasn’t built up to a ‘jump point.’

• @dezrtfish:

I guess scare it realy not the term I mean. I haven’t realy been scared of a movie since I saw Phantasam when I was about 9.

How about “Stir of Echos” with Kevin Bacon. Not scarey, but I thought it was a good paranormal thriller. When I see a movie like that it kind of gives me the willies.

Ever seen an old B movie called “The Hills Have Eyes”?

I saw that when I was like 6 and I still chach myself looking over my shoulder when I am camping. But I saw it through the eyes of a 6 year old. :o

stir of echoes and the 6th sense gave me the creeps, i have to admit.

• '19 Moderator

@cystic:

stir of echoes and the 6th sense gave me the creeps, i have to admit.

Yeah after 6th sense you kind of wonder about things, like who’s watching when you think your alone and you get a shiver up your spine :o

• '19 Moderator

@El:

The Ring is somewhat along the old Hitchcock horror genre…as was stated “no gore” and no blood, too, if I remember correctly.

It seamed to me to be simmilar to that blair witch movie. Kind of artistic.

That’s a funny story for me. When Blair witch came out I was sitting at home and that “documentary” came on. I was so interested I didn’t even notice that it was on the Sci-fi Channel.

Then my wife called me and said she got sneek preview tickets to some new scary movie.

So I was all set up to fall for it and I saw it before anyone new it was fiction. There were some parts that didn’t seem right though so I waited until the credits rolled and looked to see if there were stunt people listed. There are. :) That movie didn’t realy do that much for me though, exept for the camera shots kind of made me sea sick. I guess it was supposed to do that though.

• SciFi and Horror Movies: After you’ve seen 'em as much as you can stand(love 'em or hate 'em)…

Mute the sound and watch 'em!
    :lol: Great comedy! :lol:

I think I posted a similar note here in a previous incarnation/incantation/inebriation. :P :wink:

• I saw the first 15 minutes of the Ring once. Maybe it was the fact that it was broad daylight outside or that the picture was fading in and out because I had it hooked up through my VCR, but it seemed rather absurd and predicatable to me. That, and the acting (from what I saw of it) didn’t seem too wonderful. Of course, I only saw the first 15 minutes.

• @bossk:

I saw the first 15 minutes of the Ring once. Maybe it was the fact that it was broad daylight outside or that the picture was fading in and out because I had it hooked up through my VCR, but it seemed rather absurd and predicatable to me. That, and the acting (from what I saw of it) didn’t seem too wonderful. Of course, I only saw the first 15 minutes.

man, i totally didn’t get “predictible”. As i said - neat mystery, but i don’t think i would have predicted what might have “come next” - although i’m generally pretty good at those kinds of predictions.

• Like I said, only saw the first 15 minutes. It just didn’t hook me like a lot of worse horror movies do.

• @bossk:

Like I said, only saw the first 15 minutes. It just didn’t hook me like a lot of worse horror movies do.

you mean like Army of Darkness?

Greatest horror movie EVER!!!

• Wooohooo……

although … horror? … well, yeah, undead and stuff :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m