Event Triggered Tech Advances

• Here’s the basic concept: different nations receive new techs if/when certain historical events occur in the game.

An example would be that the US gains long-range bombers after Japan takes the seazone around Hawaii.
    Perhaps Russia develops snipers (1 out of 3 infantry defends with a 3 or less) when Lenningrad is taken.

This is similar to Japan, in a sense, gaining the “tech” of kamakazi if the allies get too close to Japan’s homeland. Unfortunately I do not know enough details about WWII to come up with too many other specific ideas. And it would be good if some of these tech advances were triggered by victories (a succesful D-Day allows X, pushing so far into Russia allows Germany X) instead of only losses like my suggestions above.

Any ideas for other tech advances and their historical triggers?

• Interesting. I tihnk you have to add turns also. If the French retake France miracuasly on the 1st turn then Germany would get some crazy tech. Add turns in conjunture with them. (PS can’t spell big words  :-D )

• '10

I like this idea.  I would like to see this AND a turn based Tech advancement.

• There should be something to encourage Germany to go for things like rockets and super subs.  It could really use them.

Germany could get rockets when the Allies try to make a landing in Europe.  That’s around when they got them historically.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m