• I recently got my AA europe 1940 and i have played probably three games. in every game the english pull their forces back and pull troops up from their lower territories into egypt. This causes a stalemate in alexandria and egypt. Italy can usually take egypt but with the english minor IC, they can start producing force. just wondering any strategies to take the continent, perhaps build a minor IC in egypt… but for italy it will take multiple turns.

• We have seen an Italian IC in Egypt in a few of our games, but hasn’t had any great impact. It’s usually is built too late. In the beginning Italy typically can’t take Egypt and expect to hold it, and later in the game their fleet and/or homeland is usually threatend by the US so it’s hard to find the IPCs for an IC.

Generally with the new National Objectives there seems to be MUCH more incentive for Italy to go east rather than south when they have taken Egypt. Therefore there is very litle fighting below Egypt.

• I didn’t really think that the Italian army had enough IPC and forces to do much of anything.

• They need to conserve resources and troops. Where as a German can says “2 infantry and a artilery to trans-jordon then have them be killed in the next turn… Lets do it!” While the Italian thinks “Hmmm… maybe thats to wasteful”

• I see what you mean by that i mean with a 10 IPC economy and all…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m