• For Germany, I agree crushing the British fleet is an important element of the opening move. I would not try to kill all units, as this will lead to a large number of plane casualties which you will need further on. Attack so that you are certain that you will win (and that the opponent has only one chance to return fire if possible). First off, destroy the UK transport at Canada, the cruisers at Denmark, at least one of the battleships near the UK and the cruiser at Gibraltar (subs have sneak attack if no destroyer is present right?) (Gibraltar cruiser helps fleet Italy against possible attack UK fleet), take Paris, Normandy and Yugoslavia. Liberate Bulgaria and Finland. Buy major IC for Romania. Focus on southern route Russia (go for Ukraine IC). Scandinavia is eventually impossible to keep.???For Italy, I think Gibraltar is just as important as Egypt. If the UK fleet moves away, you can take Greece, Southern France and Gibraltar. Your income after turn 2 would already be 25. Fortify Gibraltar is Italy’s best defense as the US needs the naval base there to move trannies back and forth. However, if the UK fleet crushes the Italian fleet first (often this strategy goes hand in hand with buying an IC in Egypt), you are less wealthy and should concentrate on clearing the Med and fighting Egypt.??For Japan, killing India is most important, try to fend off Anzac and the US. Yunnan is key area, this should be yours always. Buy 1 or 2 minor ICs to keep support coming from land. Ignore Russia, go south instead. As soon as India is fallen, the allies will not be able to retake it easily. You are much stronger now to take China and move towards Moscow. On the sea, take money islands where you can, overall be defensive until you have India. Then, chose between fleet (US) or Moscow.?

• As Germany I don’t mind taking 2 turns to kill the uk navy, scrambles can be nasty.

• JimmyHat, per the Alphat +2 rules and the fact that the FTR in Scotland can’t reach SZ109, you can only scramble 3 FTR’s to the defense of SZ109

• @Commando:

JimmyHat, per the Alphat +2 rules and the fact that the FTR in Scotland can’t reach SZ109, you can only scramble 3 FTR’s to the defense of SZ109

Can you link the rules?

• Here’s a link to the map, does sz 109 touch scotland?   We agree that scotland has a ftr and an air base, if it also touches sz 109, why can it then not scramble?

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=19489.0

***Edit: yes airbase, thank you ghr2.  Its not what I say its what I mean!  :lol:

• airbase u mean

• EXCELLENT!!! I like your thinking Weezer410, your talking my language.

• Sorry JimmyHat. My apologies. You can scramble the 4 FTR’s to SZ109 in Round 1 if you wanted to…

• I have to disagree with attacking the entire British navy at any cost.  As the Axis your advantage is in material ready to fight.  Attacks must be made to overwhelm the defenders, thus keeping your units alive.  The allies WANT to trade with the Axis, they have the money to trade units one for one all day.  Hitting a reset button just seems like playing into Allied hands to me.

• In my opinion, it’s important to try and take out both UK DD’s, one SZ w/a BB in it, usually SZ111 and SZ112. And also take out the Transports, which means SZ109 has to go. I know that’s a lot to ask of the Germans, especially SZ109, since the UK can scramble 4 FTR’s. The only other strategy I believe is to take 2 Subs and attack the CC in SZ91, instead of attacking SZ109 and then use the 3rd German sub to attack SZ111. Or, you could take the 3rd German sub against SZ106 to ensure the DD’s & Trans death. That way, the UK only has 1 DD that can counter attack the 2 or 3 subs(depending on how many survive) in SZ106. You can use the German subs to take away some IPC’s in the convoy zones. The BB & DD in SZ111 is easily taken out w/the 3 FTR’s & 3 Tacs you can get on it. Yes, you may lose 1 FTR most likely but it’s well worth it to kill a UK BB.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m