• Sorry to ask this question, must be asked and answered more than once, but I couldnt find it in multiple threads (sorry if im too lazy to search trough all of them).

In our last game my friends and I had a discussion about airunits attacking subs at sea. They said its allowed to let the airunits shoot once (a free shot) before the sub can submerge, as it isnt submerged and can only submerge or choose to shoot back (which is ofc not the case on an airunit). I argued that the Rulebook states that aircraft units only can hit subs when a friendly Destroyer is present and that the submerge/not submerge story would also imply they can not do a suprise strike in a naval battle if an Aircraft Unit is ready…

So who is right?

• Official Q&A

You are, for two reasons.  First, subs fire or submerge before anything else fires, unless there is an enemy destroyer in the battle.  Second, air units can’t hit subs unless there’s a destroyer friendly to the air units in the battle.  So, in the case of only air units attacking only subs, the subs can submerge before the air units fire, but even if they don’t the air units can’t hit them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m