• Wow, I find german subs to be soooo useful, I tend to buy 1 a round, or perhaps 3 in France if I can afford it.

It only takes 3 turns of convoy raiding for a sub to pay itself off, and lots of Subs and aircraft around UK can make it hard for the US to take that island back.

• just give Germany 1 free sub a turn (6 ipc) and russia 1 free tank per turn (6 ipc).

• i am personally against giving freebies for anyone

• '10

@Ruanek:

@Rorschach:

@SgtBlitz:

Bah.  Change the rules so that submarines can retreat if they survive a round of combat, offensive battles OR defensive.  It’s stupid that a single destroyer with backup planes can destroy an entire sub stack with the current rules.  Maybe have destroyers’ effects on subs only work on a 1:1 basis.

If you have a SINGLE destroyer and a bunch of air, all that stack of subs needs is ONE hit and the air becomes unable to hit the subs (as the attacker can not take fighters as casualties against sub hits).

It’s still a net loss, though (probably).  The subs can take out the destroyer, but they can’t even target the planes.  Meanwhile, the planes and the destroyer can probably get rid of at least 2 subs.  This is probably going to be a situation where the subs are defending, meaning they only hit on a 1 anyway.

I agree with the Sarge. Most of the subs get killed in one round. The subs defending at one seldom get to hit that destroyer. The OOB sub rules are funky!

• meh, I just think Uk gets screwed on geting enough destroyers, if you add more subs, id certainly add more destroyers.

• Take Southern France on G1.  Build a sub a turn there for the rest of the game.  I like to build one if not two on the first turn.  Also the 5 you start with don’t all have to attack.  Run one south towards Africa. Also having a sub or three in range of gibraltar is a good way to deal with the first wave of americans.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m