• We have a few full games under our belt, a lot of fun, but still rookies.  Our games seem to be stalling, and taking a lot longer.  I think we are all reticient to attack, and we are building up too many forces, and not attacking enough.

So how can i punish my opponents for donig this?  Let me give one example, (as the question is impossible to answer overall without a specific)…so my Russian opponent, on the 1st turn, simply buys, does not attack, and reinforces both fronts, and the same on round 2.  As Germany, I managed to take Caucacus twice, only to lose it back, (the second time i lost back because of UK).

I suspect we all fee “safe” in loading up, and i know this strategy has to have faults, but i am not qute sure how to “beat the hoarder”.

2nd Question:  I’ve been reading the threads to get better.  But there is a lot of abbreviations , do you have some help?  Like G1 means Germany’s 1st turn, and sz means Sea Zone, but i see a lot of other abbrev and acronyms that i can’t follow…anyone have a list?  Thanks

• @saturnracer:

We have a few full games under our belt, a lot of fun, but still rookies.  Our games seem to be stalling, and taking a lot longer.   I think we are all reticient to attack, and we are building up too many forces, and not attacking enough.

So how can i punish my opponents for donig this?   Let me give one example, (as the question is impossible to answer overall without a specific)…so my Russian opponent, on the 1st turn, simply buys, does not attack, and reinforces both fronts, and the same on round 2.  As Germany, I managed to take Caucacus twice, only to lose it back, (the second time i lost back because of UK).

Buy 5 inf, 5 arm on G1. Don’t bother with Caucasus unless there’s few units defending it. Take Archangel, do the SZ2, SZ13, SZ15 and Egypt attacks. Leave only 1 inf on West Russia and Ukraine and non-combat move everything else to Karelia (leave inf on Norway to protect your planes landing, if necessary).

On G2 build more armor + infantry and retake Ukr, WRus, Archangel. With those territories G’s income should be well over 40 while Russia’s income will start to drop.
    Let Russia have its fun on Asia kicking Japan while you keep adding inf and armor to Karelia until you are able to move a stack into WRus/Archangel without the Russians being able to counterattack. The Russians production then will simply drop to less than 20 - it may still have a large army for defense but it will incapable to replacing the losses and Moscow will be directly threatened by round 4-5.

2nd Question:  I’ve been reading the threads to get better.  But there is a lot of abbreviations , do you have some help?  Like G1 means Germany’s 1st turn, and sz means Sea Zone, but i see a lot of other abbrev and acronyms that i can’t follow……anyone have a list?   Thanks

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=7842.0

• Hey thanks

Maybe one day i’ll be up in your league and will challege you all

till then, I’ll keep reading

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m