• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Deaths:

DEVILS WIN AGAIN
    Adam Henrique is the man again, Next up, the flyers

You can’t get much closer than they got last night to being knocked out. And that was against FLORIDA

Beating the Flyers?      … Not gonna happen.

@LHoffman:

@Deaths:

Going all the way boys and girls

Honestly it is looking more like

if tonight was any indication.

Don’t be mad, Just wasn’t Florida’s year this year, It’s the year of the Devil, Mu ha ha

@Deaths:

Don’t be mad, Just wasn’t Florida’s year this year, It’s the year of the Devil, Mu ha ha

Oh I am not mad. Actually I wanted New Jersey to win. (It was better for my investments if they did, though they tanked anyway which is beside the point)

Though to be quite honest, it was the series I was least interested in.  I mean, mediocre New Jersey and No-Fans-Land Florida? … not quite engaging.

I just like to repudiate over-zealous fans who hold their team on a pedestal just because they have some disproportionate pride in them. I did the same thing to Gargantua, though he dealt with the LA humiliation in stride, to his credit.

But still… No way in hell NJ beats Philadelphia. I will bet on that one.

You Never Know, It is the playoffs and i believe it is #5 seed vs #6 seed, should be a great series and will most likely go 7

Any fan of any team should that team on a pedestal, otherwise whats the point in having a favorite team?

• Sponsor

My hockey pool pics from day #1.

1st prize is $500 and cost me $20 to get in (obviously I’m rooting for a Philly vs. LA final).

In hind sight, I wish I picked Claude Guirux instead of Brayden Shenn.

1. Drew Doughty (LA)
    2. Mike Richards (LA)
    3. Anze Kopitar (LA)
    4. Brad Richards (NYR)
    5. Ryan Callahan (NYR)
    6. Artem Anisimov (NYR)
    7. Paul Gaustad (NAS)
    8. Alexander Radulov (NAS)
    9. Shane Doan (PHX)
    10. Daymond Langkow (PHX)
    11. Jaromir Jagr (PHI)
    12. Danny Briere (PHI)
    13. Brayden Shenn (PHI)
    14. Tyler Seguin (BOS)
    15. Milan Lucic (BOS)

G- Jonathan Quick (LA)

@Deaths:

You Never Know, It is the playoffs and i believe it is #5 seed vs #6 seed, should be a great series and will most likely go 7

Any fan of any team should that team on a pedestal, otherwise whats the point in having a favorite team?

Hey, no debate from me on both points. We have certainly seen already that anything can happen and you certainly do have to have spirit for your team. I pull with all my mental and spiritual being for the Red Wings, and I always hope for the best… but I can be realistic too. If I was in your situation, NJD vs Philadelphia … even if it were Detroit vs. Philadelphia… I would still say that in all likelyhood Philadelphia was going to win. Objectively speaking. Although that doesn’t mean I want them to.

(But in this situation I do like Philadelphia)

@Young:

My hockey pool pics from day #1.

1st prize is $500 and cost me $20 to get in (obviously I’m rooting for a Philly vs. LA final).

In hind sight, I wish I picked Claude Guirux instead of Brayden Shenn.

1. Drew Doughty (LA)
    2. Mike Richards (LA)
    3. Anze Kopitar (LA)
    4. Brad Richards (NYR)
    5. Ryan Callahan (NYR)
    6. Artem Anisimov (NYR)
    7. Paul Gaustad (NAS)
    8. Alexander Radulov (NAS)
    9. Shane Doan (PHX)
    10. Daymond Langkow (PHX)
    11. Jaromir Jagr (PHI)
    12. Danny Briere (PHI)
    13. Brayden Shenn (PHI)
    14. Tyler Seguin (BOS)
    15. Milan Lucic (BOS)

G- Jonathan Quick (LA)

I run a Playoff Pool each year and seem to end up in last place each time. While it has been bad so far, I won’t be dead last. I sure won’t win the $230 for 1st Prize though ($10 per entry).

My team this year:

S. Crosby - PIT (Eliminated)
    B. Richards - NYR (Active)
    P. Bergeron - BOS (Eliminated)

D. Sedin - VAN (Eliminated)
    J. Franzen - DET (Eliminated)
    D. Perron - STL (Active)

I. Kovalchuk - NJD (Active)
    P. Sharp - CHI (Eliminated)
    B. Marchand - BOS (Eliminated)

Wildcard  P. Dupuis - PIT (Eliminated)

K. Letang - PIT (Eliminated)
    A. Edler - VAN (Eliminated)
    K. Shattenkirk - STL (Active)
    R. McDonagh - NYR (Active)

Wildcard  I. White - DET (Eliminated)

H. Lundqvist - NYR (Active)
    J. Howard - DET (Eliminated)

So yeah… the leader has 91 points and I am fourth from the bottom with 64.  Another $10 down the drain.

• Sponsor

OUCH!

@LHoffman:

I pull with all my mental and spiritual being for the Red Wings,

Ahh thats the problem then, your still holding on to the 4 game sweep the devils handed the wings back in '95 in the finals.  :evil: :roll:

I used to play on my high school team and our best players last name was Hoffman and he also liked the Red wings. Did you go to school in Maine?

@Deaths:

@LHoffman:

I pull with all my mental and spiritual being for the Red Wings,

Ahh thats the problem then, your still holding on to the 4 game sweep the devils handed the wings back in '95 in the finals.   :evil: :roll:

I used to play on my high school team and our best players last name was Hoffman and he also liked the Red wings. Did you go to school in Maine?

Haha… no, I was only 5 when the Wings lost in 1995 so I don’t even remember the  pain of that one.

I did play in high school, and I have been to Maine… maybe it was me.    No, I went to high school in Toledo, Ohio, so it was another with my namesake.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Death’s Head,

Unless he also dressed up in his left over hockey gear, as some kind of retarded road warrior cos play, did you really have to ask? LOL :P

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

More importantly however… we need to ask ourselves.

@Gargantua:

did you really have to ask? LOL :P

Hey… you never know  :roll:

@Gargantua:

More importantly however… we need to ask ourselves.

BOGUS!

Devils up 3-1 on flyers, eastern conf. finals 1 win away

@Deaths:

Devils up 3-1 on flyers, eastern conf. finals 1 win away

Evidence that miracles can happen… or just the product of good play and hard work (Zach Parise). Good luck.

It’s all over but the crying in Philly…… Go Devs, Eastern conf. Finals Baby, Lord Stanley, here we come… yippeeee

@Deaths:

It’s all over but the crying in Philly…… Go Devs, Eastern conf. Finals Baby, Lord Stanley, here we come… yippeeee

Nice… my predictions were wildly off the mark.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m