• Who do you think will win this years title?

• Heat.

• I’ll go with Boston.

Dallas, son!

GG

• Well, it’s definitely not going to be my Spurs…

• What did you expect? That old team just ran out of gas with tired legs and the only young players having nagging injuries.

Duncan is like 36 and most of the starters are about as old as the lakers.  Celtics are also getting a last shot. OKC will be the new power along with the Heat.

Dallas is an old team too. I think in the west lakers could have their last go at a run and knowing this might prove the motivation they need.

• @Guerrilla:

Dallas, son!

GG

This is Dallas last year to make a run with this team. I love the team, I fear the lack of an inside game will hurt them. In pressure situations they fall back to the jump shot.

• No love for Chicago here I see…

Many of the teams still in it are getting quite old…Celtics, Lakers, Dallas, San Antonio for sure.

Miami has considerable talent with LBJ and DWade, but I don’t believe that will be enough.

I would say its going to be either Celtics or Chicago in the east (while the Celtics are old, I agree with ABW and IL that they might have one last shot at it).  In the west I think OKC unless the refs give the series to the Lakers (because NBA referees have fixed games before, see look up Tim Donaghy for an example).

Right now I’d have to pick Celtics though I think Chicago will be very difficult for them.

• Chicago is my second favorite, but its really not a complete team concept. Carlos Boozer is basically kicking back and letting others gain more playing time. He was playing alot better when he first came over in the trade. Rose is the single best player, but those kind of teams remind me of the Bulls pre-1990 during Jordans first 5 years in the league… no supporting cast, just Jordan and scrubs.

It will be Chicago and Heat in east. Boston looks old and can’t keep up with young teams with talent.

• Chicago has my respect, They are a dangerous team. I think they are one year away.

• Even though Kyle Korver played college ball in my home town, I would like to see the Celtics win it all.

• @Imperious:

What did you expect? That old team just ran out of gas with tired legs and the only young players having nagging injuries.

Duncan is like 36 and most of the starters are about as old as the lakers.  Celtics are also getting a last shot. OKC will be the new power along with the Heat.

Dallas is an old team too. I think in the west lakers could have their last go at a run and knowing this might prove the motivation they need.

Oh I knew that, but the first part of the season gave me a lot of hope. I knew trouble was coming when that didn’t last and figured it was done for when matched against Memphis.

How 'bout dem Mavs? And yes, I know it’s Game 1… I just think it was a solid effort.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

How 'bout dem Mavs? And yes, I know it’s Game 1… I just think it was a solid effort.

GG

I live near Dallas but I still have not jumped on the roller coaster. Let them slay the beast (LA) and I will commit.

Got burned in 06.

@ABWorsham:

@Guerrilla:

GG

I live near Dallas but I still have not jumped on the roller coaster. Let them slay the beast (LA) and I will commit.

Got burned in 06.

Are you on the roller coaster now? :)

GG

• Well, Miami just closed out the Celtics…considering Boston owned them during the regular season I had figured Boston would win the series and go on for one last title before old age would catch up with them.  But this is why the games are played.

• I got on the roller coaster!

• But Boston is another old team. Miami is in their prime. Both Boston, Lakers, San Antonio, Phoenix all need to trade off most of these 33+ players

A team can’t have 5 starters and 6th man all over 32 years. Thats a team that has peaked.

Boston got worn down, check out all the late game ball turnovers in loses….old legs.

Boston should keep Rondo and perhaps Pierce as the only old player and trade the others while they can still get value. At a certain point nobody will want Ray Allen or Kevin Garnett.

Shaq should retire. Duncan too.

• @221B:

Well, Miami just closed out the Celtics…considering Boston owned them during the regular season I had figured Boston would win the series and go on for one last title before old age would catch up with them.  But this is why the games are played.

Miami finally found their synergy.  You can throw a bunch of all stars together, but it will still take some time to play as a team.  Although last night’s game was all James and Wade.

• I agree that big name players that are overaged can’t will in the playoffs after a long season.

I loved the late 90’s Houston Rockets, but old teams have to much milage.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m