Finally, I have my map printed! Oh, yea!!!

• Sooo, how much?

• @Hellmutt:

@knp7765:

……The reason I ask is that some other members have made up maps for free download…

Could you point me in the direction of those down-loadable maps??

I think if you look at the bottom of Imperious Leaders posts, he has a sticky that points to the maps he does.  Those are the only ones I know of off the top of my head that are free downloads.

• @Shakespeare:

The new descriptions and
    “signage”  you added to the map all
    seem to be the same font as the original map.

What is the name of the font and where did you get that font?

I have no idea what the font is.  I spent about two hours doing a ‘font search’ trying to find out what front the territory names were and never found out.  I ended up coping good letters on the board and replacing the ones found in the creases with them.  This took a fair amount of work for some areas (German territories in particular).

Now, when you talk about “signage”, are you referring to the “Adjacent to….” text I placed at the map edges?  If so, that was simply a font that came preloaded in Photoshop.  I just outlined it in black and made it semi-transparent.

• @Robbernosky:

Sooo, how much?

Too much time and money.  I’ll leave it at that.

• Ok, so I finally have everything magnetized.  Chips, country markers, air bases, naval bases, industrial complexes, factories, units…everything.  All together I used about 1600-1700 magnets.  Phew!!!  I don’t have the metal sheet mounted onto the plywood yet, but I set up the Alpha +.2 anyways to see how it looked.  Have a peek…

If you are wondering about that stack in Spain, I did that just to show the holding power of the magnets.  It is a stack of 35 infantry.  If you are wondering about the magnets, I used 1/4 inch wide x 1/32 inch thick neodymium magnet and epoxy glued them to the chips after using sand paper to roughen up one side of the chip and one side of the magnet.  Also, I would like to note with the board increased in size to 84" x 38.5", everything fits pretty easily onto the board.  No more units spilling over into other territories.  Yay!

100_3555.JPG

• Here is wider picture.  It just shows the whole thing leaned against a book case and some boxes.

100_3546.JPG

• Here is a picture of Japan and sz 6 set up.

100_3549.JPG

• In the next week or two I hope to have it mounted on some plywood and hung up on a wall.  I’ll be sure to post some more pictures when I am completely finished.

• AWSOME, props to you buddy, very nice map.

• i like it! but one quick question… what are all those troops doing in spain?

• @poloplayer15:

i like it! but one quick question… what are all those troops doing in spain?

About that stack in Spain, I did that just to show the holding power of the magnets.  It is a stack of 35 infantry.  If you are wondering about the magnets, I used 1/4 inch wide x 1/32 inch thick neodymium magnet and epoxy glued them to the chips after using sand paper to roughen up one side of the chip and one side of the magnet.

• '10

Very nice!  I am so jealous of you right now  :-)

• I think I might accidentally mail you some money and you will accidentaly mail me a copy  :wink:

• Customizer

Excellent job. I am quite impressed with your new refined map scale. It looks perfect.

• Yea i might accidentally send $150 in the mail and by accident get a copy of the file.

• @Zallomallo:

I think I might accidentally mail you some money and you will accidentaly mail me a copy  :wink:

@Imperious:

Yea i might accidentally send $150 in the mail and by accident get a copy of the file.

Ha, ha, ha you two.  With Wizard of the Coast having said  “HELL NO!” to my plan to distribute the map for free, the currency used to pay me would have to be untraceable.  As such, I would only accept an equivalent amount of gold.  :lol:

• The envy… Great job! This would certainly be something I´d buy if the Wizzards would bring it to market!

• did you say you made changes to the map? or only changed the scale?

If you want to make changes to the map, make Hokkaido its own territory (the game can tolerate Japan getting 1 or 2 more IPC/turn)- i would just like to have it as a territory.

• @edfactor:

did you say you made changes to the map? or only changed the scale?

If you want to make changes to the map, make Hokkaido its own territory (the game can tolerate Japan getting 1 or 2 more IPC/turn)- i would just like to have it as a territory.

This map doesn’t change that much, that would def effect balance.

• Nice improved map.  What is the new size?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m