• As I understand the rules, after Paris falls the allies can capture French territory and claim the IPCs.

So after London falls the allies can capture British territory on the Europe side of the map and claim the IPCs.

Therefore the US can capture any British territory, including Canada for 6 IPCs? If you include French and British territories in Africa, the yanks can make a lot of easy cash!

Am I out to lunch on this or what?

• '10

@HerbNBrew:

As I understand the rules, after Paris falls the allies can capture French territory and claim the IPCs.

No they can’t !
    French territories have to be first captured by an Axis power, and only then, when the allies take those territories back from Axis hands they can get the IPC value of these territories. The same apply to UK and any Power that has a capital.

So no, you can’t claim canada’s IPC with USA as long as those territories have not been captured by an Axis power first AND UK is still in Axis hands.

• Ah ha. Ok that makes sense now, cheers.

• '21 '18

I’d like to have Krieghund or any other seasoned columnist of this forum confirm this point. I always used to think that once a power capital is captured, an allied player of that power could “take care” of these territories by walkink/rolling on them in non-combat move.

• @Sire:

I’d like to have Krieghund or any other seasoned columnist of this forum confirm this point.

Confirmed

• @Sire:

I’d like to have Krieghund or any other seasoned columnist of this forum confirm this point. I always used to think that once a power capital is captured, an allied player of that power could “take care” of these territories by walkink/rolling on them in non-combat move.

No, it was confirmed somewhere (I don’t really want to search for it, though).  Allied powers can only take income from another nation’s territory if they liberate them from the Axis and that nation’s capital is held by the Axis.

@Idi:

Confirmed

Except not…

• @Sire:

I always used to think that once a power capital is captured, an allied player of that power could “take care” of these territories by walkink/rolling on them in non-combat move.

Your Wrong

• @Sire:

Trust us, you can only liberate territories, not babysit them  :-)

• Official Q&A

@Sire:

I always used to think that once a power capital is captured, an allied player of that power could “take care” of these territories by walkink/rolling on them in non-combat move.

No, they can’t.  Only the UK and ANZAC are allowed to do this, and only in Dutch territories.

• The rulebook mention something about India taking French-Indo-China, it is not possible?

• Official Q&A

That was removed in the errata.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m