• coach are your mech infantry going to be oob scale or fmg scale?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Lunarwolf:

coach are your mech infantry going to be oob scale or fmg scale?

I have asked FMG for his scaling and he told me that he is using OOB for scaling, so I will too.

• +1000 for a Panzer II - that is my most desired piece from A&A.

Coach, keep the costs down by just matching the OOB detail - honestly, the new 1940 pieces are great and just matching them would be perfect.

• Customizer

Here was my votes:
    Panzer I & Panzer II == These would really be cool for more “early war” scenarios.
    Fw190 -=  It would be cool to have a new German fighter.
    Elephant =  Excellent tank destroyer IMO.
    Maus (Super Heavy tank) == I just think this would be a cool piece to include.  Maybe use as a tech upgrade after King Tigers.

• Coach,

One bit of advice is to include a “tracked artillery” piece for every set you do (except US Marines of course).

Germany: Hummel/Wespe
    Russia: Katyusha
    US: M7 Priest
    UK: Sexton
    Japan:Type 4 Ho-Ro (used only in Okinawa/Phillipines, but at least it was used!)
    Italy: Semovente 90/53

I can find a French one as well if you wish. What this does is expand the variety of units available for all powers, and I don’t think that many people will want to turn down the option of buying a Russian Katyusha, or any of the other options!

• Mark 4 and Mark 5 and jagdpanther is what I went with. Don’t really need them but I would buy them.

• @reloader-1:

Coach,

One bit of advice is to include a “tracked artillery” piece for every set you do (except US Marines of course).

Germany: Hummel/Wespe
    Japan:Type 4 Ho-Ro (used only in Okinawa/Phillipines, but at least it was used!)

I can find a French one as well if you wish. What this does is expand the variety of units available for all powers, and I don’t think that many people will want to turn down the option of buying a Russian Katyusha, or any of the other options!

Great idea reloader.  I’ve always wanted to add an SP Art piece for Axis and Allies.

• Germany: Hummel/Wespe

For a Soviet SP artillery, there are quite a few gun-armed ones that would be a better fit with the others in the list than the Katyusha… SU-122, for instance.

The closest French equivalent would be the SAu-40, though I don’t think many were made.

Closest Japanese equivalent would probably be the Ho-Ni, though, again, I don’t think it was widely used.  The US, UK, USSR, and Germany all made plenty though… what would distinguish them rule-wise, from a TD though?

• Well what are rules for a TD?  I think the SP Art would be what Mech Inf is to Infantry, ie just artillery with extra movement.  Whereas a TD could be a tank-like unit weak on either defense or offense with a bonus when combined with a tank.

• I’ll have to find the rules that were posted a while back, but it was basically 2 att / 2 def, boosts 1 inf (reg or mech) to attack 2.

Can blitz w/ tanks.

Instead of tracked artillery, self-propelled artillery is a better term. I chose the Katyusha because it was the iconic russian artillery piece in WWII.

• Customizer

I think a tank destroyer would be weaker on offense and stronger on defense in line with their primary role of waiting in ambush of tanks.

By the way, I don’t think the Katyusha was a tracked vehicle.  They were trucks with rocket launchers mounted in the beds.

• The Katyusha was definitely not tracked - that was a mistype.

I think a better term for the unit is self-propelled artillery.

@dadler12:

Well what are rules for a TD?  I think the SP Art would be what Mech Inf is to Infantry, ie just artillery with extra movement.   Whereas a TD could be a tank-like unit weak on either defense or offense with a bonus when combined with a tank.

Have a Tank Destroyer if a hit, can target other Tanks or mechs, etc. Great against the Russian who use Infantry as their losses. (Not any more!)

@Lunarwolf:

coach are your mech infantry going to be oob scale or fmg scale?

I will scale to OOB. The Sherman/Panther is about as close to 1/285 as you can get, so why not scale to them?
    I chose a 232 armored car and it is a good size for the game, a 222 will be too small, so either I scale it up so it is useable or do not use it at all, there are plenty of choices. I want my Tiger II to over power the other tanks on the board. It comes down to the look on the board, one should not have to pick up a piece to find out what it is. I want to be able to look across the board and tell automatically what type of unit it is. i am being very careful in picking units for you. When I do a German Airborne unit, it will probably have a FG-42 machine gun, there will be no trouble picking that out! I work a full-time job and every waking hour when i am not filling orders, taking photos, restocking my webstore, etc I am working out what I feel are the perfect size, color and sculpt so that all (OOB) and FMG customers are happy. Thanks for the Polling results! I will use them!

• Coach,

Excellent! Every single thing I have hoped for you are going to do:

1. Match OOB colors
    2. Match OOB sizes
    3. Match OOB detail
    4. Add additional units

When Jack from Table Tactics was thinking about doing a French set (high priority item btw- it would be a good seller), I measured every single A&A tank and gave him some suggestions for sizes (from what I recall, current tanks vary from 17 to 22mm in length). Would you like me to dig that up for you and post it?

• German winter gear infantry would be nice also Coach. Tack the same on for USA infantry as well.Thanks

• I’d love to see the Scharnhorst for a BB alternate but that’s hardly necessary.

But in addition to an FW190 for the fighter, I think it would be lovely to see the bf110 as an alternate tac bomber.

I’m more of a naval/air buff, I’ll let you armour heads hammer out preferences on tanks.

• i would love to see another BB, was it an early war type?

• Customizer

The Scharnhorst was actually a battlecruiser rather than a battleship – just a little lighter on armor and armament.  The Germans had the Scharnhorst at the beginning of the war, in fact I think it went out before the war actually started in preparation for war, and caused the British merchant ships a lot of headaches.  I think the British finally managed to sink her in Dec. 1943.  So I guess you could call it an early-mid war ship.

kcdzim,
    Love your idea of the Bf110 for an alternate tac bomber.

• @knp7765:

The Scharnhorst was actually a battlecruiser rather than a battleship – just a little lighter on armor and armament.  The Germans had the Scharnhorst at the beginning of the war, in fact I think it went out before the war actually started in preparation for war, and caused the British merchant ships a lot of headaches.  I think the British finally managed to sink her in Dec. 1943.  So I guess you could call it an early-mid war ship.

kcdzim,
    Love your idea of the Bf110 for an alternate tac bomber.

Eh, the Battlecruiser/Battleship nomenclature is a technicality as far as A&A is concerned as they are rather interchangable, and as the Scharnhorst class has both terms applied alternatively.  I mean, the HMS Hood was a battlecruiser as well.

The Scharnhorst (1939 to 1943) and the sister ship, the Gneisenau (1938 to 1942), were a thorn in the Brits side for longer than the Bismark, and they were both commissioned prior to outbreak of the war, and unlike the Tirpitz, actually engaged Allied ships.  So yeah, early war.  Although technically, the Bismark class was more or less early war as well - commissioned in 1940 and as we all know, subsequently lost.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m