• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

You can vote for as many as you like, but please be advised, this is to represent a Strict Neutral Army, they would not need all the units as major nation nor would they would of had them. The more units that are used, the higher the price of the set. Thanks!

• Pro-allied neutrals (say, the Netherlands, which had a fairly substantial fleet) could use more pieces, but I can’t imagine what a strict neutral would need beyond Inf, Art., Arm., Fighter, & Destroyer…  I’d say your pro-Axis neutrals are already covered by your axis minors set…

@DrLarsen:

Pro-allied neutrals (say, the Netherlands, which had a fairly substantial fleet) could use more pieces, but I can’t imagine what a strict neutral would need beyond Inf, Art., Arm., Fighter, & Destroyer…  I’d say your pro-Axis neutrals are already covered by your axis minors set…

I am going to make a Dutch set.

• What about the French?

FMG is not even making them and these are OOB pieces in need of replacement.

How many of these Dutch pieces can you sell to make a profit?

Instead of Dutch pieces, if you made a civil war set ( infantry, artillery, cavalry, ironclad, frigate, fortification, generals) for both north and south, you would make more money faster since you are catering to a larger population of people who would buy Civil War if given a choice between that and “The Dutch”

You should concentrate on only the best ideas first that will make the most money.

Order of profit:

1. make one set of minor axis allies
    2. make one set of pure neutrals
    3. make set of units of various types not being picked up by FMG ( tech pieces)
    4. civil war
    5. Napoleonic
    6. etc.

FMG tells me that he is doing a French set.

• FMG is doing a french set, check his posts.

• the dutch set is for the 1939 map isnt it?

• Infantry,artilllery,tank and fighter is all they really need. I am only playing Axis and Allies it sounds like you guys have a lot different variants you are using. Color should be white.

• @Lunarwolf:

the dutch set is for the 1939 map isnt it?

Yeah, in the 1939 map there is some real opportunity for the Dutch to make a difference, depending on how the set-up and rules are done… and in the realy world the NEI was really its own little world that could have contributed more to slowing down the Japanese advance.

I am wanting to do a White Neutral set that doubles as a Dutch/Polish Neutral set.
    One set of White and one set of Orange.

It will have a combination of pieces from Poland, Netherlands, etc

It would be too expensive to do just a Polish set or a Dutch set, so combining pieces to make a neutral set from neutral Nations makes sense.

What are your thoughts?

• Sounds like an idea.  I think it would make more fiscal sense to just have 1 set of neutrals that you can make in different colors to cover all the possible variants people play, but that’s just me.

• Hmm… maybe it could have 1 Dutch infantry & 1 Polish infantry, since you’re combining the two sets and doing some Polish pieces.  Or maybe 1 Dutch infantry with helmet and 1 with the slouch hat.  Run the set in an axis color, and you could use the infantry for some axis minors (remember, the Romanians used the Dutch helmet, and many tropical forces used brimmed hats…)

You’d then have pretty much any minor/ neutral I can think of covered:

1. Axis minors/ pro-Axis neutrals by your first set
    2. Pro-Allied neutrals with your Nationalist Chinese set (perhaps it could have one infantry with a British Brodie helmet and one with a French Adrian helmet, since those were the most commonly used internationally… or would a field cap and GI helmet be better?  …I’m not sure.)
    3. Pro-Communist neutrals with the Red Chinese set
    4. True neutrals, Dutch and Poles with this set…

By golly, I think that covers it!

• I am wanting to do a White Neutral set that doubles as a Dutch/Polish Neutral set.
    One set of White and one set of Orange.

It will have a combination of pieces from Poland, Netherlands, etc

It would be too expensive to do just a Polish set or a Dutch set, so combining pieces to make a neutral set from neutral Nations makes sense.

What are your thoughts?

Yes thats perfect. The Dutch might have a destroyer or cruiser ( representing De Ruyter and other ships, but based on De Ruyter design)

http://www.netherlandsnavy.nl/

All you need is: Infantry, Artillery, Biplane fighter ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PZL_P.11) of which they made 140 of these alone, and perhaps some cavalry unit.

1. Axis minors/ pro-Axis neutrals by your first set

Infantry, Mech, Artillery, Tank, Fighter in two colors ( 5 sculpts total in 2 colors)

2. Pro-Allied neutrals (perhaps it could have one infantry with a British Brodie helmet and one with a French Adrian helmet, since those were the most commonly used internationally… or would a field cap and GI helmet be better?  …I’m not sure.)

Infantry, Mech, Artillery, Tank, Fighter in two colors ( 5 sculpts total in 2 colors)

3. Pro-Communist neutrals with the Red Chinese set

Infantry, Artillery

4. True neutrals, Dutch and Poles with this set…

Infantry, Mech, art, tank, fighter, destroyer, transport

• I’ll load up on the Dutch/Poles,probably sets and singles.The inf in helmet and slouch allows use for other forces as stated.The NEI had a decent tank force and lots of local
    converted armored apcs/scouts.There is a great site on their overlandwagons somewhere.I won’t bring up the Swedish/Hungarian armor at this time!

• aren’t the poles and the dutch going to be their own sets?

@Lunarwolf:

aren’t the poles and the dutch going to be their own sets?

No, too expensive.
    I am making one generic set.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m