Sgt. Wonko's & TMTM's 1940 Global Module for ABattlemap

• i have a serious problem. i like to follow some games on this board here. i installed holkann´s module, installed the 3.1. version of tmtm as well. but, not always, but some maps of games i cannot open correctly. which means that i get shown a map of a&a classic and not alpha 2+ etc. it is strange. lucky i am, i never had any crashes… :D

• '11

I can display the g40 map .2. The problem is there are no units on it and no toolbar to create units. Also when someone tries to send me their map I get the message unable to open files of type .aam. Any help would be appreciated.

• @rock`n:

i have a serious problem. i like to follow some games on this board here. i installed holkann´s module, installed the 3.1. version of tmtm as well. but, not always, but some maps of games i cannot open correctly. which means that i get shown a map of a&a classic and not alpha 2+ etc. it is strange. lucky i am, i never had any crashes… :D

I’ve had this problem.  It’s a memory issue, so there are a few things you can do.

1. Get more memory.  (Not my favorite, so I didn’t do it. :-P )
    2. Try clicking on the Windows tab in ABattleMap and closing the InfoView and ToolBar windows before loading the new map, then do the same to open them back up after the map loads. (Most of the time works for me.)
    3. Close out some of the background programs running.  (May or may not be an option depending on how many background programs you have to run.)
    4. Get a new computer :-P (I had to start opening G40 maps on my old non-internet computer that didn’t require firewalls and anti-virus running in the background constantly, now I transfer the files between computers with a USB drive.  Tedious, but it works.)

• @Sgt.:

If you already have Abattlemap 0.79 it’s better to upgrade since HolKann’s installer may write over some of the mods you’re using.
    Upgrade from Abattlemap 0.79
    http://www.mediafire.com/?djkingzm3in

Have you seen this happen - the installer deleting or overwriting modules?  I thought I tested it to make sure this didn’t happen, but it’s been a long time.  My memory may well be failing me, but I thought if you have a module with the same name as one it wants to install, it leaves what you have.  Am I wrong?  Of, course, I can certainly understand just playing it safe.

• also, how did you compress the bitmap? and how did you figure out that the large file size was causing crashes?

• I have the upgrade, Version 0.80, and I didn’t have the installer delete or overwrite any modules.

I didn’t compress the bitmap, I’m not sure how you would do that, but I just guessed that it was the large file size since it only did it for G40 maps.

• @SAS:

I didn’t compress the bitmap, I’m not sure how you would do that, but I just guessed that it was the large file size since it only did it for G40 maps.

I’m referring to this:
    @Sgt.:

I have reduced the size of the image file to 10 mb which reduces issues with crashing. There are hi-res versions of each map included in the folder, you can use those versions if you never had any issues.

Wonko?

• @Stoney229:

@SAS:

I’m referring to this:
    @Sgt.:

I have reduced the size of the image file to 10 mb which reduces issues with crashing. There are hi-res versions of each map included in the folder, you can use those versions if you never had any issues.

Wonko?

Gotcha, didn’t realize who you were talking to.  Wonko, let me know how you did that because I’m still having issues.

• Well, since I do not see the question asked yet, let me pose it. Will you guys and updating the map for the latest alpha changes? Or, are you waiting for official word from Larry that the changes are complete and no more are forthcoming?

• @fighter:

I can display the g40 map .2. The problem is there are no units on it and no toolbar to create units. Also when someone tries to send me their map I get the message unable to open files of type .aam. Any help would be appreciated.

strange.  what operating system are you using?  Are there any other circumstances specific to you that you can think of which might be atypical?  Have you tried re-installing?

• Looking at the Alpha +3 rules that are in developement… does anyone completely understand them and would like to help make changes to the current module?

• I’m working on updating the module to alpha +3 and need help on an NO. Russia NO #2, Russia gets 3 ipc for every original Axis or neutral territory in europe including turkey… so what do i need to add to the current list of alpha +2? what are all the europe neutrals?

• @TMTM:

I’m working on updating the module to alpha +3 and need help on an NO. Russia NO #2, Russia gets 3 ipc for every original Axis or neutral territory in europe including turkey… so what do i need to add to the current list of alpha +2? what are all the europe neutrals?

depending on how quick you want to release this, I may want to make some artistic changes if you’re up for it.  I can’t take the time right this moment, but if you’re willing to consider I’ll come up with a list of changes I’d like to see and see if other people agree or disagree.

• @Stoney229:

@TMTM:

I’m working on updating the module to alpha +3 and need help on an NO. Russia NO #2, Russia gets 3 ipc for every original Axis or neutral territory in europe including turkey… so what do i need to add to the current list of alpha +2? what are all the europe neutrals?

depending on how quick you want to release this, I may want to make some artistic changes if you’re up for it.  I can’t take the time right this moment, but if you’re willing to consider I’ll come up with a list of changes I’d like to see and see if other people agree or disagree.

all i got left is to figure out what europe neutrals i need to add to that NO and update the piece setup, granted I made a fast fix and the art isn’t perfect but it could be playable for those who just need it to play alpha3… feel to take the rains.

• You know as good as this module looks etc… I regret that Func module hasn’t progressed… i think the smaller map mght be better for lots of players… along with the memory and crash issues due to the size of this one for some.

• I’ve completed Alpha +3. It will overwrite the current module… so if you have games you still want to play as alpha 2 you should wait.

www.axisandallies.us/T40.gim.zip - Alpha +.3

Let me know any mistakes in the module as this is a beta version and recommend only to advanced users of abattlemap.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@TMTM:

I’ve completed Alpha +3. It will overwrite the current module… so if you have games you still want to play as alpha 2 you should wait.

Let me know any mistakes in the module as this is a beta version and recommend only to advanced users of abattlemap.

Is there a way to have this install with a different directory so it won’t overwrite?  I am still running an Alpha 2 tournament and all, ya know. :P  Shouldn’t matter I guess, but you know, the text and all will be different in places for the new objectives!

• @Cmdr:

@TMTM:

I’ve completed Alpha +3. It will overwrite the current module… so if you have games you still want to play as alpha 2 you should wait.

Is there a way to have this install with a different directory so it won’t overwrite?  I am still running an Alpha 2 tournament and all, ya know. :P  Shouldn’t matter I guess, but you know, the text and all will be different in places for the new objectives!

Yes, unzip it say to your desktop and then rename the folder as T43.gim for example, then move it into your Abattlemap folder… then Delete the Start.AAM file (found in the folder you just renamed T43.gim) because it won’t work but only with the folder named T40.gim so when you renamed the folder the Start.AAM won’t work… so you’ll need setup all the units etc… then after setting up all the units… you’ll want to save all that work by saving it as Start.AAM and put this new Start.AAM file into the T43.gim folder… now when you open the module all the pieces will already be setup. Make sense? any questions let me know.

Another method one could use is to install Abattlemap twice by installing it to a different directory and use this install as a tester abattlemap etc.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I seem to be a complete idiot…how do I get it to have the new directory name in the “new game” menu?

• @Cmdr:

I seem to be a complete idiot…how do I get it to have the new directory name in the “new game” menu?

I haven’t downloaded the new Alpha 3, but the MapInfo.txt contains the directory name you speak of.  it is edittable (this is in my tutorial).

Also, if you rename your ABattlemap directory as TMTM described above, your opponents will have to do the same - renaming with the exact same name if you want to open each other’s save files.  His idea of installing an entirely separate directory of ABattlemap is one I hadn’t thought of before - a good idea.  I don’t think I’ve tried it before, but I’m thinking it could work.  TMTM have you tried this?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m