Sgt. Wonko's & TMTM's 1940 Global Module for ABattlemap

• Ahh in fact I can use the “hidden” keypad (usable with the “function” key) to zoom in and out. Cool !

• @Ashkayel:

I kinda like the little pieces, tho :)

As for the -/+, I’m on a laptop, so I don’t have a keypad, and the -/+ between 0 and backspace dont seem to work.

I started off by using little pieces too, now I can’t switch back to big pieces. And sadly I have the same problem with zooming since I’m playing on a laptop.

• i’m new to abattlemap.  i downloaded the 1940 global module and it looks great.  However, the program crashes frequently especially when i’m moving units.  does anyone else experience this?  is there a way to resolve this?  I did change the map to the smaller sized 10mb file, but i’m still encountering this problem.

Thanks

• @shohoku201:

i’m new to abattlemap.  i downloaded the 1940 global module and it looks great.  However, the program crashes frequently especially when i’m moving units.  does anyone else experience this?  is there a way to resolve this?  I did change the map to the smaller sized 10mb file, but i’m still encountering this problem.

Thanks

Unfortunately some people seem to have an issue with it crashing and others not. The lower file size seems to reduce the crashing but I’ve heard that some people still got it. Other people only had issues when they had multiple copies of battlemap open.

I’ve got a lead on the error message that pops up when it happens but haven’t sorted it out yet.

• Sarge ever thought of making a module for a WWI game?

• @Pvt.Ryan:

Sarge ever thought of making a module for a WWI game?

Never actually thought of it. I think FMG is building a table version though aren’t they?

• Can someone help me with this? I downloaded V.80 Alpha 1. I can get the map to show, which lists all the A&A games, included Pacific 1940 but I can’t see the Global game(Alpha +2) in the list. What am I doing wrong? Can someone walk me through step by step what I need to do to play? I’d really like to get started playing online. Thanks VERY much in advance! =)

• @Commando:

Can someone help me with this? I downloaded V.80 Alpha 1. I can get the map to show, which lists all the A&A games, included Pacific 1940 but I can’t see the Global game(Alpha +2) in the list. What am I doing wrong? Can someone walk me through step by step what I need to do to play? I’d really like to get started playing online. Thanks VERY much in advance! =)

Did you download the TMTM mod version 3.1? You have to download it and paste the T40 folder into the main Abattlemap folder (with all the other 3 character folders). Then it will appear in the new games list.

• Does the T40 folder automatically create itself when you download V.080?

• @Commando:

Does the T40 folder automatically create itself when you download V.080?

No, you have to download the TMTM mod version 3.1. Once you open the rar. file (I use winrar) extract the T40 folder to the main Abattlemap folder.

• Convoy zones:  I do not see the income change if more than one enemy naval unit is in the sz.  It just seems to use one unit with the highest damage.

• I tried extracting the files to a T40.gim folder and the map is still not showing up. What am I doing wrong?

• @jeffdestroyer:

Convoy zones:  I do not see the income change if more than one enemy naval unit is in the sz.  It just seems to use one unit with the highest damage.

That’s odd, it works fine on my version and I haven’t heard of anyone else having problems. Did you paste all of the files in the T40 folder? Also, have you experimented with a couple of different sea-zones? Maybe it’s 1 sea-zone that has an issue. Make sure the power to be convoy disrupted is at war the power doing the disrupting.

• @Commando:

I tried extracting the files to a T40.gim folder and the map is still not showing up. What am I doing wrong?

Can you post a screenshot of your main battlemap folder and another with the contents of the T40 folder? I find that can be the fastest way to sort out these things sometimes.

• Mine seems to be working fine now.

However I had to manually get rid of the old T40 files as they didn’t “replace” them but just added them possibly causing the crashing.  10mb version seems OK now (knock on wood) :-D

• I have the following in my T40.gim folder, which is a folder under my ABattlemap folder, under Program files :

• BigPieces(bitmap)
    • Map(bitmap)
    • MapHiRes(bitmap)
    • MapInfo(text)
    • MapNoTerrain(bitmap)
    • MapNoTerrainHiRes(bitmap)
    • Readme(text)
    • Sektorinfo(text)
    • Sektorinfo(bitmap)
    • Sektorinfo.map
    • Sektorinfo.sek
    • Start.AAM
    • Toolpieces(bitmap)
    • Toolpieces(text)
    • Unitstats(text)

There are two folders in this directory also : #1). Swith to auto convoy. #2). Switch to manual convoy.

Like I said, I can see all the other maps of the other A&A games when I launch Battlemap. Just not the A&A Global 1940 map. Very confusing! Thanks in advance for your help!

• @questioneer:

Mine seems to be working fine now.

However I had to manually get rid of the old T40 files as they didn’t “replace” them but just added them possibly causing the crashing.  10mb version seems OK now (knock on wood) :-D

Glad to hear that it’s working now. Having the multiple files may have caused the problem you were having. I haven’t had any crashing with the 10 mb version lately so hopefully that’s the fix.

• @Commando:

I have the following in my T40.gim folder, which is a folder under my ABattlemap folder, under Program files :

• BigPieces(bitmap)
    • Map(bitmap)
    • MapHiRes(bitmap)
    • MapInfo(text)
    • MapNoTerrain(bitmap)
    • MapNoTerrainHiRes(bitmap)
    • Readme(text)
    • Sektorinfo(text)
    • Sektorinfo(bitmap)
    • Sektorinfo.map
    • Sektorinfo.sek
    • Start.AAM
    • Toolpieces(bitmap)
    • Toolpieces(text)
    • Unitstats(text)

There are two folders in this directory also : #1). Swith to auto convoy. #2). Switch to manual convoy.

Like I said, I can see all the other maps of the other A&A games when I launch Battlemap. Just not the A&A Global 1940 map. Very confusing! Thanks in advance for your help!

Everything sounds like it’s setup properly. If you can’t see Axis & Allies: Global 1940 Alpha +.2 Version 3.1 (about midway down the list) then the only thing I could recommend is to reinstalled Abattlemap and the TMTM mod.

Can you open up map files that other people post for the mod? In which case you don’t really have to do anything I suppose. Just take the start file and save it to whereever you’re going to be saving the map files from your games on the forums. Then you can open that through File/Open.

Try using this map and see what happens.

Start.AAM

• I tried opening the file you sent. It didn’t work. For some reason the Battlemap program doesn’t like my two computers.  :x

• I FINALLY got it working! Thanks for your help!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m