• Has anyone played Ozeta’s 1941 setup?? If so please feedback>

• My group is playing it next week and I’m looking forward to it.  I’ll let you know.

• Gonna play it some time. I like the setup for Vichy France and the Italians. Also Germans in Africa! Should be fun. A historical setup to. Should start with Barbarossa, El Amein, Torch, then Overlord.

• '12

Anyone has a link with the setup guys?

• Im wrapping up a game. Pretty fun Germany took over Russia but Italy is falling and Britain is busting out of Eygpt.

• Ya I haven’t started it yet but from the set up Russia looks to have it’s hands full very quickly.

• Yeah Even with 35 infantry the Russians couldn’t stop the German Panzer Korps

• oh hey everyboday!

Yea….running into problems in russia…i might have to give them more men in the rear.

• Of course I was playing only with the Europe board though.

• So Oztea this may be asking alot but when do you think we’ll see a 1942 setup? It would be kinda intersting.

• I had thoughts on making one

Stalingrad would start as german, with a fully damaged minor, and 6 infantry
    Rostov would be Russian
    Ukrane would be German, with 2 tanks 2 mechs, and 3 Infantry, 1 artilery

The grand tactical choice would be, what should germany do?
    try and break back into Stalingrad? to support the force there?
    Or try to break it out?

North Africa would see the axis in position for one last futile push, or evacucate to save units

Pearl Harbor, Damaged port, damaged battleship, japanese still in postion for a 2nd strike
    But the phillipines might still be US, have to do some timeline research

Timeframe is looking to be January-Febuary 1942

• I think we still had troops holding out on the Baatan Peninsula but I could be wrong.

• @oztea:

I had thoughts on making one

Stalingrad would start as german, with a fully damaged minor, and 6 infantry
    Rostov would be Russian
    Ukrane would be German, with 2 tanks 2 mechs, and 3 Infantry, 1 artilery

The grand tactical choice would be, what should germany do?
    try and break back into Stalingrad? to support the force there?
    Or try to break it out?

North Africa would see the axis in position for one last futile push, or evacucate to save units

Pearl Harbor, Damaged port, damaged battleship, japanese still in postion for a 2nd strike
    But the phillipines might still be US, have to do some timeline research

Timeframe is looking to be January-Febuary 1942

There are a few historical issues with the situation you described, specifically with the Russians counterattacks that resulted on the entrapment of the German 6th Army on Stalingrad, since they started on November 1942.

• whoops, i meant january-febuary 194_3_

which means the 42 setup is going to have to back track

im all befuddled now

• @oztea:

whoops, i meant january-febuary 194_3_

which means the 42 setup is going to have to back track

im all befuddled now

The operation you described (Manstein’s attempt to break the entrapment of the 6th Army at Stalingrad) actually took place in December 1942. If you’re looking into 1943 then you’d have the 3rd Battle of Kharkov (the Germans taking the territory of Rostov) on Feb or even Kursk, although that’s by late summer 1943.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m