• I’m sure others here have tried this, but i suggested this to my allied partner on Sunday.

Typically China places 1 infantry in each territory next to Japanese forces to “stop” them from just waltzing in unopposed. Usually the lone Chinese infantry gets zero hits on defense, so it’s almost pointless to do it.

We attacked what we could and placed ALL the chinese units together, sometimes on the front lines, sometimes back one space from the front lines.

It worked fantastically, China survived until UK was able to get into the action and despite Japan’s big Asia campaign, things are looking pretty good there.

Any thoughts/comments?

• After reading this thread I truly see what motivated you to write your KAF post.

• '10

Most of the time, for me at least, it’s a combination of the two approaches, depending on the makeup of the advancing Japanese.  Gotta keep tanks from blitzing usually, stacking deep is often useful (especially, I’ve found, in the north of China, where you can stage to attack Manchuria, etc.), and small stacks of two or three can force the Japanese to limit the number of places they attack or advance.

Basically, what I’m sayin’ is it’s all situational.

• @Idi:

After reading this thread I truly see what motivated you to write your KAF post.

Once again, you’ve shown that you’re good at commenting on the thread and adding great information to add to the discussion.

Do you realize that the real idi amin was considered to be a buffoon?  I’m just sayin’…

• '10

Surely, you can’t be talking about His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular, Last King of Scotland?

Nobody with a name like that could ever not be taken seriously, amirite?

• this is a good strategy for any nation at any time, and is thoroughly used in my playbook.  If my enemy can’t blitz, why waste an inf?  Stack em to win people.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m