What happened to A&A Iron Blitz?!

• Prices for the Iron Blitz CD are soaring to $160 each (far beyond my limit for the game) and availability is virtually zero. While the original A&A was too expensive and too half-heartedly developed and released for my purchasing standards, Iron Blitz’s cost of $40 was enough to make me delay my purchase of that CD, too.
    Extensive research yields much positive review of the Iron Blitz release and then a virtual cessation of news releases, reviews and discussions on the game to this day.
    What happened?!

Suggestion: I have always felt that the improbable odds of many battles in A&A defeat the realism in a major way. I once attacked Ukraine with 4 russian tanks, 2 fighters, 1 bomber, and 12 infantry versus 6 defending German infantry and lost every thing but my 3 aircraft while inflicting only 3 casualties! The shear power difference ought to account for something! I’ve had four American infantry on Hawaii attacked by a single Japanese infantry, who survived to take the Island. The sum total of the attack/defense strecngths should at least play a part in the combat casualty assessment. We all know that weather, moral, logistics, etc. plays a large role in battle, but there are limits! Recently, three infantry and an armor attacked a lone infantry in South Africa and guess who won? Outgunned with three times as much firepower and four times the number of soldiers, the lone infantry sucessfully defended South Africa with no effect on its strength.

Andy Landen

• WOW! I feel great.
    I only payed $27, + $3.95 S+H
    for both CDs. YEE-HA!

You might consider those situations you mentioned
    examples of inspirational leadership,
    excellent use of defensive position and entrenchment,
    an act of G_d or dumb luck(dice do that, occassionally.)

• The following works if you play the board game w/real dice…
    You might check the dice immediately before you roll and after your opponent rolls every time. This way you catch loaded dice and have a good gaming habit that only adds a minute or two to each turn turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m