Best NFL Team not to get to a Championship game

• I had to choose three, 1981 Chargers, 1981 Cowboys, 1998 Vikings

• The regular season record speaks for itself.  Yeah, I know the strength of schedule arguments that are sometimes made, but they have to play the teams in their division, one of which won at least 11 games also.

Only two teams have won 11 games but missed the playoffs, hence the best teams not to play in a championship game which I consider to be any post-season game that could lead to the superbowl.

2008 Patriots, with a record of 11-5.

1985 Denver, also with 11 wins.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Oakland Raiders in 02.

They blew it despite having been to the superbowl the previous year - with relatively the same team.

Sucked ever since.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Raiders in 2001 got jipped too, They were bad ass the year before, and made it to the superbowl the year after. Remember that bad call that cost them the game in the snow vs the patriots?.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuck_rule_game

Junk.

I guess it doesn’t quite qualify for this thread - as they DID make it to the championship game, but they should have won that superbowl - so that qualifies them as a team that should have made it.

• @Gargantua:

Raiders in 2001 got jipped too, They were bad a** the year before, and made it to the superbowl the year after. Remember that bad call that cost them the game in the snow vs the patriots?.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuck_rule_game

Junk.

I guess it doesn’t quite qualify for this thread - as they DID make it to the championship game, but they should have won that superbowl - so that qualifies them as a team that should have made it.

The Raiders did get robbed with the tuck rule.

• The Raiders never get the breaks because the rest of the owners hate Al. I watch a ton of football and even though I am a Jets fan I root for the Raiders. Don’t tell my wife she is a Chiefs fan. The tuck rule game was B.S. Woodson knocked the ball out of his hand. He didn’t drop it. When it went to replay I said they have to give it to the Raiders. My mom said Dave you always say the Raiders get screwed and the rest is history.

• A: 96 Panthers ( 2nd year in league, end of story )
    B: 03 Panthers should have won! We were better than them, but all the Brady-ites messed it up!
    C: 09 Panthers ( Delhomme’s fault )
    D: 05 Panthers ( Injuries fault )
    E: 06 Panthers ( Slinkey Weinke’s fault )
    F: 11 Panthers ( Schedule Maker’s fault )

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m