• I was wondering what players do with the 18 Inf located in Eastern Russia.

Feedback sought>

• don’t tell him that you bring some of back to moscow or you’ll be dubbed an idi ot lol

• Assuming Alpha 2+ rules…

On R1, I move all 18 and the AA to Buryatia.

R2 depends on the Japanese player’s J1 move, but if he empties Manchuria to fight the Chinese, I’ll bring the full army back to threaten Manchuria/Korea. The Japanese player does NOT want to see 15+ guys and an AA gun sitting in Korea – the distruption to his plans alone is usually worth an R3 declaration of war.

• '10

@Pelanderfunk:

Assuming Alpha 2+ rules…

On R1, I move all 18 and the AA to Buryatia.

R2 depends on the Japanese player’s J1 move, but if he empties Manchuria to fight the Chinese, I’ll bring the full army back to threaten Manchuria/Korea. The Japanese player does NOT want to see 15+ guys and an AA gun sitting in Korea

Same here.
    What i will do with this infantry stack on R3 and after very much depends on the situation on the board. This is what usually happens in my games: when Germany goes sealion, i use the inf stack to attack japanese, and possibly go and liberate some chinese territories or they just stay at Amur or Buratya to put pressure on the japs. When Germany doesn’t go Sealion, i usually get those 18 inf back to Russia.

• R1 you have got to stage most of them at Buryatia with a few on Sakha and 2 on Amur.  This allows a counterpunch to Amur and Siberia if Japan declares war.  Staging them all in Amur leaves a big juicy target for Japan and should lead to their immediate and total destruction.  What happens form there is depenent on Axis strategy.

• G is right…. NEVER stay on the coastline with your army or you will get pounded big time! As for walking all the way to Moscow from the Pacific takes 6 turns. Didn’t Stalin say: “Not one step back”? Take heed to what JS says any you won`t have Tojo kicking in your backdoor.

• '10

@Idi:

G is right…. NEVER stay on the coastline with your army or you will get pounded big time! As for walking all the way to Moscow from the Pacific takes 6 turns. Didn’t Stalin say: “Not one step back”? Take heed to what JS says any you won`t have Tojo kicking in your backdoor.

This is just crap…

You start a thread saying : I was wondering what players do with the 18 Inf located in Eastern Russia.
    Feedback sought

And then, the very next of your post is to make negative comment about what people answer and make a very simplistic statement like that :  " NEVER stay on the coastline with your army or you will get pounded big time! "
    Actually, there ARE situations where it is good to do it, and there even ARE situations where you WISH that the japs attack your stack EVEN if it means you are goint to lose it !

• What I like to do is spread my infantry out evenly, 1 per territory, then I buy some bombers back in Moscow and send them east, A good 3 bombers on the first turn really messes with the Japs :lol:

• Depends on the sitiuation Idi Amin.

I would always retreat 15 infantry back with the AA gun, leave 3 infantry to cover the coasts.

What I would do personally, as a general rule of thumb to any Japanese move over there is to chain Artillery and a few Tanks East.  Send maybe 1 Artillery a turn and every 3rd turn send a tank too.  Depending on how aggressive he/she is, you might need to send some air reinforcements as well.

• @mantlefan:

@Idi:

@mantlefan:

@Idi:

As for walking all the way to Moscow from the Pacific takes 6 turns. Didn’t Stalin say: “Not one step back”? Take heed to what JS says any you won`t have Tojo kicking in your backdoor.

Wasn’t stalin’s order that you mention about Operation Blue and Stalingrad, and not anything to do with Japan? (yes)

WTF I’m not interested your history lesson, just good gaming strategy…. And thats why I’m not asking you for any because you mentioned your a noob. Your rants surely point to your inexperience and short comings.

Lol I was mocking you for your comments in the other thread, but it’s clear you’re too ignorant to understand much anything of value. Quit trolling or leave. I’ll add the rolleyes to better express my point above, so ignorami such as yourself can better see the sarcasm the comment was dripping with

Nice, more positive input from everybodys favorite rook killer…… Please put your hands together for the Sultan of Sarcasum, The Titan of Trolling, The Ayatolla of Mazolla>>>>>the one the only MR. Mantlefan!!! I AM GOD
    Seriously though I have reviewed some of his other posts and they all seem to have a common theme: everyone else is wrong.

• OK people lets settle down. Some posts were removed that were not nice. :-D

• Why not retreat most of them back?  You would want Japan to DoW on you for the 12 xtra IPCs to be used against germany.  Besides, they are far more effective in western china vs manchuria where they would be slaughtered quickly when your so close to Japan’s Major.  Also, your eastern territories r not worth much, its better to hold japan on the western china border than having them sit in manchuria while japan raids your inards as after china falls.  Your main foucs SHOULD be stopping Germany from destroying you in Europe.

• There is no perfect answer here because it depends on what the axis do.  You don’t need them in moscow if Germany has prepared for sealion.  They can be used to protect your income in the east.  If Japan and Germany both move for a strong barbarossa/invasion of SFE, then you’d better start trucking them back.

• I would like to let it be known that my strategfy mentioned before was bad on purpose… I was joking hahaha

• @mantlefan:

@M7574:

There is no perfect answer here because it depends on what the axis do.   You don’t need them in moscow if Germany has prepared for sealion.  They can be used to protect your income in the east.  If Japan and Germany both move for a strong barbarossa/invasion of SFE, then you’d better start trucking them back.

Very true that it depends on what the axis does. However, the notion about protecting your income seems a little oversimplified 12 inf is 36 IPC + you get 12 more IPC if Japan makes a DOW on you.

How many turns does it take for Japan to have taken away 48 IPCs of income (assuming the inf that you do leave behind do something other than let Japan blitz a tank through everything?) It’s true that the IPCs could be spent on things other than inf, but russia does by quite a few inf regardless.

You can just shrug it off… losing IPC as Russia.  However I hate to think of it that way because you’re GIVING Japan that much more IPC.  Which in turn hurts the USA and your fight in the west.  :cry:

• '17 '16 Customizer

One thing I know is that if I’m Japan, and Russia stacks all 18 Inf. together on R1, Japan will pounce on J1 w/ everthing it can muster. I still invade China & sever the Burma road, but w/o the Russian Inf. threatening Japan, I find it very effective for blitzing & gaining valuable Russian IPC’s and focusing on China & India on J2.

• @Maddog77:

One thing I know is that if I’m Japan, and Russia stacks all 18 Inf. together on R1, Japan will pounce on J1 w/ everthing it can muster. I still invade China & sever the Burma road, but w/o the Russian Inf. threatening Japan, I find it very effective for blitzing & gaining valuable Russian IPC’s and focusing on China & India on J2.

Would you still attack in alpha when it’s 18 inf + an AA?

• '10

Yeah, most times, if they’re on the front line.

• If your going to attack japan with Russia it need to be done later in the game…. I like to back off a bit at first while I get a couple units on the western border of china.  Then when japan is  just about to go after Calcutta and china is almost out Russia moves in on all fronts taking either Manchuria/Korea or both and also back up china on their western front. This causes all sorts of problems for japan because they’re usually a little short on land units by this time.

• @Peck:

If your going to attack japan with Russia it need to be done later in the game…. I like to back off a bit at first while I get a couple units on the western border of china.  Then when japan is  just about to go after Calcutta and china is almost out Russia moves in on all fronts taking either Manchuria/Korea or both and also back up china on their western front. This causes all sorts of problems for japan because they’re usually a little short on land units by this time.

Finally someone who I agree with>

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m