• @eudemonist:

@ghr2:

If it succeeds marginally, then the game might last, if it succeeds overwhelming, then the allies lose and you waisted time.

Umm…did you just suggest one should avoid winning the game after “only” four hours?  How many hours do you have to play before losing to feel like you haven’t wasted your time?

Dudemonist! have you even tried this strat in an actual game? Or is beekin off without knowing your speciality?

So far only Keplar and Mantlefan’s other profile have claimed to win with this strat.

• @eudemonist:

@ghr2:

Exactly my point earlier, this is not a practical strategy to be used.  It may be good once if you dont care about time, you are in a tournament, or you are showing it off to friends just for kicks.

Wait, so, if you don’t do it every time, it’s not a “practical strategy”?  Not sure I agree with that.

Also, I believe most people care more about winning the game than making sure it takes “at least X hours.”  Again, could be wrong.  Maybe more people play just to play than to win, but that seems silly to me.

Well you did say its not a standard normal strategy, and yes it is not practical cause of the crazy high risk.  I never said that what ever strat you don’t do is not practical, i’m saying this one is not practical cause this one in particular rides enormously on factors the axis don’t control.

Also, I believe most people care more about having fun, and gameplay.  Winning is not everything.  I won’t mind losing a game if I had fun doing it.  I was playing L4D2 the other night and my team only lost by 3 points (where the difference can be in the thousands), it came down to the very end, I was the last one alive and i just needed to move just a little further.  We ended up losing but becaquse it was soo intense and adrenaline packed the entire game, EVERYBODY, were happy and extremely excited about the game.  They all loved it even though we lost.  People like games that are fun, exciting, and intense.  Winning only really matters when you want bragging rights, or your playing a sport.

• '10

@Idi:

Dudemonist! have you even tried this strat in an actual game? Or is beekin off without knowing your speciality?

Nope, haven’t tried the strat.  Of course, the quote you posted made no statements as to the efficacy of said strategy, nor have, I believe, at any point in this thread made such statements.  You’ll notice many of my statements include such qualifiers as, “Seems like…”, “Probably…”, “I don’t think…”, “It may…”, “I see it as…”, etc.

Let me ask you the same question–have you attempted this strategy?  Given statements like:

@Idi:

An experienced USA player would have bulked up enough home defence to stop any invasion…

@Idi:

Way to screw the game kid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

@Idi:

The only way the USA will ever be invaded is if Mantlefan is playing them.

@Idi:

this is not the best strategy…… However this would be the best strategy if you wanted to waste 3.5 hours of other players time.

@Idi:

His whole strategy rides on playing his son and his rookie friends after school

@Idi:

With this strat you are going to bankrupt the Axis for a gain of 12 IPCS.

@Idi:

The only down side to it is for it to work you’ll need 100% hits for the Axis and 100% misses for the the Allies.

That looks like an awful lot of “beekin off without knowing” to me.  You make far mmore assertions throughout this thread than I have.  Either you’re willfully ignoring that (which means you’re straight trollin’), or have an incredibly low level of self-awareness.

• '10

@ghr2:

Winning is not everything.  I won’t mind losing a game if I had fun doing it.

I do agree with these statements.  I greatly prefer close, competitive games, without a doubt.  The key, though, is close AND competitive.  Making a game close by being less competitive isn’t fun at all to me.  Used to have a girlfriend who whipped my arse at pool regularly…the LAST thing I wanted was for her to take it easy on me, because, when I did win, I wanted to know I’d done it against the best my opponent had.

I do understand, I think, to some extent, your points about taking a long-odds win shot early in the game.  I generally avoid 50/50 all-in bets myself, but for strategic reasons, not because I feel some sense of duty to the other players or something.

• @JamesAleman:

With this conservative play, when Japan moves to sz64(west of canal), I move the whole US fleet(from sz 101+sz89) to sz89(east of the canal).

There is a danger, that your fleet will die in sz89 from a German navy/air, Japanese air one two punch, but it is a setback, and London survives this scenario.

@JamesAleman:

Turn 3: defensive moves (assume worst case scenario: I am caught flat-footed) Units pulled out of Hawaii last turn into WUS simply move to CUS, with all air units stacking EUS. WUS fleet moves through peaceful Japanese fleet to sz 89 to link fleets. 1 DD attempts a feeble block in sz102 to force Italy to clear for German invasion. CUS land units move to EUS (I keep all excess land units unable to fit on Hawaii bound transports here, this should be your starting land forces(-3 land units[art,2inf] sent to WUS turn2, tank and mech can reach EUS) + 5  built infantry (as 1 built turn 1 is in WUS bound for CUS this turn.)

Excellent critique. I agree. After G3 the gig is up and I stack my fleet in SZ89 with a blocker in 102 to prevent a 1-2-3 punch on EUS. If you want to save the fleet you could even build an airbase in SE Mexico, W. Indies, and/or Central America to scramble any plane that won’t fit on the ACs, but, I suspect you’ll need those to defend EUS.

• @eudemonist:

@Idi:

Nope, haven’t tried the strat.  Of course, the quote you posted made no statements as to the efficacy of said strategy, nor have, I believe, at any point in this thread made such statements.  You’ll notice many of my statements include such qualifiers as, “Seems like…”, “Probably…”, “I don’t think…”, “It may…”, “I see it as…”, etc.

Let me ask you the same question–have you attempted this strategy?  Given statements like:

@Idi:

An experienced USA player would have bulked up enough home defence to stop any invasion…

@Idi:

Way to screw the game kid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

@Idi:

The only way the USA will ever be invaded is if Mantlefan is playing them.

@Idi:

this is not the best strategy…… However this would be the best strategy if you wanted to waste 3.5 hours of other players time.

@Idi:

His whole strategy rides on playing his son and his rookie friends after school

@Idi:

With this strat you are going to bankrupt the Axis for a gain of 12 IPCS.

@Idi:

The only down side to it is for it to work you’ll need 100% hits for the Axis and 100% misses for the the Allies.

That looks like an awful lot of “beekin off without knowing” to me.  You make far mmore assertions throughout this thread than I have.  Either you’re willfully ignoring that (which means you’re straight trollin’), or have an incredibly low level of self-awareness.

Just admit that this strat can never work and we can all stop posting

• '10

@Idi:

Just admit that this strat can never work and we can all stop posting

Heh, awesome!  Deflection, avoidance of a direct question, doubling down on teh uninfromed beekin off, and false victimization, all rolled into one!

Dude, seriously–S.A. or FARK Politics.  You’ll be a god among men.

• '10

@Idi:

Your right!

Pretty good while…I had a hard time with “beekin”.  Not hip to furry-speak.

EDIT:  Not that there’s anything wrong with that.  Fur it up, big dog.

• Nice artwork! How long did it take you to do?? I don’t really see how your amazing portrait has anything to do with your suicidal KAF strat support though.

• OK thats enough. thread closed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m