Take the money away or make the money yourself?

• There can be instances in the pacific war were an ally can take IPCs (territories) away from Japan, but not necessarily get the IPCs themselves.  They would be liberating an allies territories.

The key here is to being able to keep the territories FROM Japan one turn, if not, then I would rather grab the land IPC’s for myself since there would be a return on the agression.

So would it be better to help, say, Russia (or even China) at the cost of grabbing island IPC’s that would probably be retaken?

I understand this may be a difficult scenario to answer because a lot may depend on the game:  how early, current cash imbalance, who is ahead, etc.  Let’s just assume those factors are not at play (if possible)

Thanks.

• All things considered, weighing the options, if I have ANY chance of holding the Island for at least one round OR diverting enemy forces from another objective to take the island back, I’ll take the island.  Especially if it’s an NO and hurts the enemy that much further.

Otherwise, I’ll aid my allies instead, as risking X value in units for less than X in one round of income is not worth it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m