Rule Clarification, let the debate rage!

• The original NOVA game had rules where you could only build as many units as were started out with the game. IE, only 20 INF, not 20 stacks but ONLY 20 INF!

• OUCH!
    That would be like playing Risk with no more than
    the 20, 25, 30, 40 or 60 armies with which you started!

How Pre-Cambrian!

• I can remember being Japan, having all 20 INF, 10 ARM, 10 FTR, 6 BMR built and going into battle with enough money to completely replace the land units and all FTRs.

We also played unlimited builds on an IC, oh the strategies of England buying and IC on gibralter! Pre-Cambrian indeed!

• The way I play it, When someone runs out of, say, trannys, we take another country’s tranny and stick a NCM under it to indicate that it does NOT belong to the country that we took it from.

Sorry, I had some trouble articulating that.

• That’s clear enough to me. The problem is, I’ve seen all countries run out of the original tansk at one time. We often (usually) play that you can build as many stacks and as many in a stack as you can afford. That requires extra pieces or some other substitute for the original tokens.

• I found this out when playing the CD version:

If you have a transport with units (say in the middle med) you can move and unload units while in a seazone that has enemy units in it (say eastern med) so you could take a tank from southern europe and drop it off in egypt, even with the brit sub. Although it would still attack, you would drop off the tank first and not have to worry about losing it to the sub.

• '19 Moderator

That’s a bug in the pc game, it’s against the rules.

• @jareddm:

I found this out when playing the CD version:

If you have a transport with units (say in the middle med) you can move and unload units while in a seazone that has enemy units in it (say eastern med) so you could take a tank from southern europe and drop it off in egypt, even with the brit sub. Although it would still attack, you would drop off the tank first and not have to worry about losing it to the sub.

i take it that you DO own egypt in this case… cause if i have to fight for egypt and lost the sea battle… no unit from tranny in egypt

• No, i don’t own egypt. The game considers it a seperate battle, the fight in egypt and the fight in egyption waters.

• I don’t agree with 1.31
    ”Q: Can I load units onto a transport in the combat movement phase even though these units will not be involved in combat?
    A: Yes, you may load units onto a transport during the combat movement phase regardless if they are to be used in combat or not. These units can enter the transport, be used in an amphibious assault, remain on board, or leave during the non combat movement phase. If any of these units are to be used in combat, you must specifically declare which units will be used and where. Units going aboard a transport must do so prior to any naval battle taking place in the sea zone. (AAMC FAQ)”

In combat movement phase only units that should be involved in battle may move so I think that’s clearly illgal.

• A diference of opinion.
    It’s like monopoly! How many of you play by the rules?…

Auction…If a player lands on an unowned property and does not buy it, the property goes up for auction(run by the banker.)

Lifting a mortgage…If a player wishes to lift a mortgage s/he must pay the mortgage price plus 10% to the bank.

Miscellaneous… Money can only be loaned to a player by the bank and then only by mortgaging property.

Free ParkingPlayers landing there receive no money,property or reward. This is just a free space!!

…just to name the major “fudges” in another popular game.

• Here’s a question I have for the Enlightened Ones (i’ll let you all decided who that is….)(lol). Anyway, let’s say that Germany brings it’s Med Battleship and transport (w/troops from italy) and do an amphib assault on Syria, while the Afrika Korps invades Egypt from Libya. For the sake of argument, the British submarine is still in the sea zone, so there’s a naval engagment. According to the reference chart’s Naval combat sequence list, surviving submarines may withdrawl after all casualties are removed from that round of (dice) rolls. So let’s say that the Brit submarine survives and withdrawls through the Suez Canal into the Red Sea Zone. Germany proceeds with amphib assault, and the attack on Egyp, taking both, meaning Britan no longer controls the Suez. Now, I remember reading in the rules book that a ship cannot use the Suez unless both Egypt and Israel are owned by friendlies. If the invasions of Egypt and Syria are occuring at the same time as the naval battle with the sub and there is a possibilty that the brits could loose the Suez, can the Sub still escape through the Suez?

• My take is that “Yes” the ship can still move through the Suez canal. The fact is that the naval battle HAD to happen first in order to allow for the landing of troops.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m