• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I’ve discovered it!  In a game I was playing the other day, where the Italians invaded Brazil.  Inadvertantly they took French Guyana (Nothing else to do, with a troop LOCKED into S.A. Early).  This territory became LYNCH later on (Mid to Late game) for my German Campaign of DESTRUCTION!

The American’s ignored it because it’s worth NOTHING!

Can anyone guess what the importance of French Guyana was?

Well if you can’t, I’ll tell you.  But lets see what you come up with after a few posts.

• Your right Wonko, I musta been drinkin too much Jonestown punch.

• @Idi:

Let me guess… A German Invasion task force anchors in Sz 88. The American player reinforces his capital and Sz101. On the Italian turn they build a port in French Guyana. With the extra Sz movement the Italian port provides the German navy sails through the Panama canal and invades the Western USA while leaving a lone destroyer in Sz 89 to block the canal and any American naval response. Japanese Aircraft Carrier based planes land in Western USA to bolster the Axis defense.

!!All to easy!!

Unfortunately Germany navy in sz88 can’t reach sz10 since it’s 4 spaces away (that’s assuming Italy took the Panama canal for them already. Therefore it’s got to be something with invading Quebec or Eastern US and using French Guyana for naval/air bases.

• Let me guess this is game that didn’t happen is just a joke made up by Gar
    @Gargantua:

I’ve discovered it!  In a game I was playing the other day, where the Italians invaded Brazil.  Inadvertantly they took French Guyana (Nothing else to do, with a troop LOCKED into S.A. Early).  This territory became LYNCH later on (Mid to Late game) for my German Campaign of DESTRUCTION!

The American’s ignored it because it’s worth NOTHING!

Can anyone guess what the importance of French Guyana was?

Well if you can’t, I’ll tell you.  But lets see what you come up with after a few posts.

I believe you forgot the…  Bazinga

IDI! It’s too bad you edited your post! It was classic!

Well, anyone else figure it out?

• @Gargantua:

It’s OK, it’s immortalized in carbonite in the quote right below it. And I for one do not practice goddamned 1984-style, fascistic REWRITING OF HISTORY so it’s not going anywhere.

• Plop a naval base down. Then you can hit Canada, UK, or USA from there.
    With an airbase you could bomb whatever the US places in sz 101. You could even strat bomb the USA from there if you had long range aircraft….

Mantlefan figured it out.

Even better though,  I nuked the USN the following round too.

BUT

BAZINGA! Would have been good too!

• '10

Very interesting… guess the Yanks didn’t see that one coming!

• Violate neutrality and you can use all of South America for air and naval bases.  With 13 territories in South America, the possibilities are endless!  :-D  Finally a game where you can build a minor on Brazil and walk North, needing no navy!!

No, make that FOUR minors - Chile, Argentina, Brazil, and Venezuela….  America has so many fronts to worry about!  Watch that Southern front!

• @Gargantua:

A classic mistake you mean…… I don’t own the game and when I looked at the online map it looked like Sz 64 touched Sz 10 but I guess Wonko says they don’t. It was a KOOL-AID induced fantasy>>>>>>>>>>>

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m