• I’ve been studying the board for ideas for Japan and I think I found a nice strategy for Japan. If you took Yunnan on first turn (it’s right above French-Indo-China-Burma-and I think theres more…) You threaten Szchwan being 1 space away from it and your only two spaces from India. This should keep that fighter in China from helping India and you take off 1 inf from Chinas income. Or you could take Szechan and Sikang both worth 1 ipc and get a factory. What do you guys think? :lol:

• I think the units that moved in would be crushed in a counter-attack. The way I look at it is, why attack chinese units on round 1 that defend normally at the expense of attacking the brits and yanks that defend on a 1? Use everything you can against them first, whatever CANNOT be used against the brits or yanks on round 1 then perhaps attack the chinese. You can always use extra air units in naval battles to ensure the battle doesn’t go a few rounds.

BB

• Yunnan is a waste of time and men. Gaining Chinese income is irrelevant to the main goal of threatening India. Japan needs to consolidate all of its land forces to threaten India (and Australia) so that Japan can retain VPs and holdout.

I friend of mine tried this Yunnan strategy and I countered with the British(wiping out Japan’s four infantry, one artillery and tank on round 1). After reinforcing with additional Chinese infantry on U.S. turn, this put Japan land forces on their heels and unable to counterattack the next turn. Afterwards, I simply move the stack back toward India, while picking up additional Chinese troops. This loss of land power removed much of the Japanese threat to India and allowed me to build more than just infantry in India, as I also got lucky defending Malaysia.

A better move is to ensure that no British reinforcements arrive in India (fighters that come from Australia, Java or Malaysia).

• :D :D :D :D :D

Nope! Yesterday I decided to give it a shot in the AAP game I was playing while I was Japan. It worked nice. The british were to worried about defending India to attack me at Yunnan and the forces at szchewan were easily defeated. From my first turn and for a long time I had forty IPC’s and put a bomber on Szcehwan every turn pounding the Indians, I even used one for a SBRaid to take away the sorry 8 dollars India had. I won by taking India!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m