• '19 Moderator

I assume since you are using both of your subs you are playing Russia Restricted. I also assume you meant fighters in the north sea as infantry don’t kill boats too good.

Try this:

Attack the North Sea fleet 1BB,1Trn Brit and 1Sub,1Trn Russian with:

Baltic Sub and Trn, Finnish Ftr, Eastern Euro Ftr, German Ftr and the Ukrainian Ftr

Attack the Canadian Trn with the Western Euro Fighter

Attack the Gibralter BB with the German Bomber and the Spanish Sub

Attack the eastern Med Sub with the Italian BB and Trn.

If the Russians forget to move their fleet take the Urainian Ftr to the Eastern Med.

You should never risk your fighters to attack anything stronger than a transport without naval support.

• Yadayadad - Germany does not buy the inf because they need them to defend in the first round. They buy them in order to push them to the Russian front and menace Karelia, Caucasus, and keep the pressure on Russia early. Inf are very handy cannonfodder. They protect your arm and planes against the enemy. Also if you purchase inf in the first round (or 2) then you might purchase arm in the second/third round. These will eventually catch up with your inf via blitzes so you might have a co-ordinated attack against Karelia.
    With regards to the Japanese - i disagree with you. It’s not necessary to have 2 ipcs, however you can unload the inf onto the mainland quite quickly with the ones that you have. 6 inf from Japan via trns a turn is pretty nice, particularly if you are also cranking out 3 arm a turn in Manchuria (requires 33 ipcs). If you have a lot more ipc’s THEN you might consider the 2nd ic for the extra 2 arm/turn.
    But i can guarentee you that unless you send them to explore the south pole and ignore AUS/New Z then you NEVER have wasted money on two tnrs in the first round.
    mjc - After you’ve cleared the UK sz in the first turn, you generally determine what to do based on the UK’s actions. If they’ve dropped an AC with a couple ftrs from the US there, then you weigh the odds and usually ignore it. IF they have some trns in easy reach, then why not sink them if there is nothing much bigger. Otherwise i just use them on the mainland and attack with infantry. Again - the infantry can soak the damage, hold the land, and your planes smell clean :)

• cc, thanks! I was turning blue in the face.
    Guess I didn’t get my point acrost. :wink:

• @Yanny:

I’m 100% against a Japaneese IC in any place at any time during the first 10 turns. Transports are more efficient. We had a wonderful discussion about the issue about a year ago.

In turn one (as Japan) I take india, china and sinking. turn 2 I build a factory in india and take the 2 eastern soviet territories and persia.

the India IC is my headquarters for africa, eastern pacific islands and australia with infantry coloms made to support the attack on moscow.

The game is uasaly over by turn 3 or 4.

This is beacuase I am playing the computer, I have never played a full game with a human being, beacuase most of my grade 6 friends are not into war games.

I hope after I come back from Bulgaria to play over the internet with the CD or by PBEM.

• pbem will be QUITE different, i assure you.

• The way I play, no one can attack on the first turn, so this give germany a Huge advantage.

first turn purchase: 6 Armours.

Germany first turn: move all avaliable forces to east europe or ukraine S.S.R, wichevers closest to Belgium.

Let Russia attack Finland/Norway through Karelia, then use all of your forces on Karelia, then use your Armours to Blitz. into the capital.

also, if you bend the rules to make the uk your allie then you can win on the second turn.

U.K move all avaliable forces to east Canada on first turn, and buy 2 bombers. have germany attack the american transport. then move into the
    capital, maybe heavy casualties but you will win.

• '19 Moderator

That is an awful lot of rule bending. :-?

• not really…. if i remember correctly you can do that. I think.

• '19 Moderator

You can’t blitz through a territory on the same turn you have a battle to capture it.

Combat moves come before combat. ;)

• In my last game Japan took Russia and USA took Germany. At this point it was a stalemate. My opponent and I started opening up new fronts everywhere. The Pacific, Africa and Even Brazil. We started to buy Research roles. I was wondering what is your policies are when doing reseacrch.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m