@questioneer:

@TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

For anyone interested in more advanced editing of the module, please learn more by reading Stoney’s Abattlemap Module making Tutorial 1_0.pdf  at http://axisandallies.us/Tutorial 1_0.pdf

Please use this link instead: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18773.0

ok cool… keep it up dated with new tips and tricks?

in theory, yes (if I make the time to do so).  Also, people can post comments and corrections or ask questions.  If it ever does change (it has changed minorly I think) that thread will be the most up-to-date version.

I bought www.Abattlemap.com for the abattlemap team… I can host it on my server I already pay for… any idea’s let me know

Woohoo!  Feel free to put any of my stuff on there you want.  But honestly this forum is a really great place for a lot of it, because it allows people to comment, question, and offer suggestions to modules (or tutorials), etc.  It might be nice to mirror ABM-related downloads on the site esp since some poeple don’t like/can’t access mediafire, but that should but up to the creator/maintainer who would have to distribute 2 links with each update instead of 1.

I think I’ll start off with something simple and of course my plan was to have links to the resources in the forum.

Just want to keep building the quote pyramaid you guys got goin here. :-D

haha that’s funny  :wink:

This is a fun game :lol:

OH BABY!!! 8-)

With no more karma, I guess this is how we have fun.

are we going for a pyramid world record?

Why not?  Only rule is you can’t post twice in a row.  To keep it clean we should each delete the previous posts - we only need the last one, you know?  I’m going to delete the ones I made now.

but then you don’t see what people were writing

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Sure ya do!  It’s all saved in the quote!!

• It’s all fun and games until the site crashes from over-quoting.  :lol:

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

yea… then it’s sport!  :evil:

• @gamerman01:

@Gargantua:

@gamerman01:

@questioneer:

@Stoney229:

@gamerman01:

@TMTM:

@gamerman01:

@questioneer:

@The:

@Stoney229:

@questioneer:

@TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

For anyone interested in more advanced editing of the module, please learn more by reading Stoney’s Abattlemap Module making Tutorial 1_0.pdf  at http://axisandallies.us/Tutorial 1_0.pdf

Please use this link instead: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18773.0

in theory, yes (if I make the time to do so).  Also, people can post comments and corrections or ask questions.  If it ever does change (it has changed minorly I think) that thread will be the most up-to-date version.

I bought www.Abattlemap.com for the abattlemap team… I can host it on my server I already pay for… any idea’s let me know

Woohoo!  Feel free to put any of my stuff on there you want.  But honestly this forum is a really great place for a lot of it, because it allows people to comment, question, and offer suggestions to modules (or tutorials), etc.  It might be nice to mirror ABM-related downloads on the site esp since some poeple don’t like/can’t access mediafire, but that should but up to the creator/maintainer who would have to distribute 2 links with each update instead of 1.

I think I’ll start off with something simple and of course my plan was to have links to the resources in the forum.

OH BABY!!! 8-)

Why not?  Only rule is you can’t post twice in a row.  To keep it clean we should each delete the previous posts - we only need the last one, you know?  I’m going to delete the ones I made now.

It’s all fun and games until the site crashes from over-quoting.  :lol:

Why did you break the pyramid  :? :? :?

• It looks like the map only gives Japan 9 IPC for it’s NO of not being at war with the USA.

• @Geist:

It looks like the map only gives Japan 9 IPC for it’s NO of not being at war with the USA.

that might be an error, you can fix it yourself for now… click on File and Sektor Editor and then click on the NO box and in the Sektor Editor window… IPC’s All… change the 9 to 10 and click Save and click Save SektorInfo.sek also and then close it. :)

• Awesome, thanks.

• @The:

@gamerman01:

@Gargantua:

@gamerman01:

@questioneer:

@Stoney229:

@gamerman01:

@TMTM:

@gamerman01:

@questioneer:

@The:

@Stoney229:

@questioneer:

@TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

OH BABY!!! 8-)

It’s all fun and games until the site crashes from over-quoting.  :lol:

Why did you break the pyramid  :? :? :?

:-D

• How I make the textured colors in Map.bmp

Using Paint.net, which can be downloaded at www.GetPaint.net

First I click New and size the new canvas as 60 x 60 pixels (we are creating an image which we’ll use later to fill the area’s of your map)

Select the base color and use the paint bucket to fill the new 60 x 60 canvas

Click on Effects – Noise – Add Noise and just adjust the intensity… I did around 25, but experiment for yourself.

Click on Effects – Blurs – Average Blur and set the radius at 3

Now our 60 x 60 image should look like the textured color we desired.

Save it as mynewcolor.bmp

Now the area on your map that you want to fill with your new textured color, you’ll need to get a plugin for Paint.net. found here http://www.sapphireonline.com/Downloads/PhotoFloodFillPlugIn.zip and just unzip it to the default C:\Program Files\Paint.NET/Effects folder and close and reopen Paint.net

Now with your map open, use the Magic wand and select the area you want to fill with the new color. Then click on Effects – Photo Flood Fill and for Photo File name we are going to use the file we just make mynewcolor.bmp and click ok and now your map will be filled with that color.

How to make waves like in Axis & Allies Global War Variant

I just used Effect – Object – Drop shadow and settings 0’d the blur and only adjusted widening. You might see waves on the land area… no worry… you need to use layers for each wave and the land color layer should be on top of the wave layers and will cover the waves on the land. I also recommend that on the layer you’ll use to make wave that that layer only have the lines you’d like to add waves to… remove all border lines etc so it doesn’t add waves to those etc.

Tip: Always use the duplicated layer, so your not adding effects to your outline layer, always save the original outline layer for other effects.

I use these in my recent module for A&A Global 1940 module at http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=22555.0 where I have the source files for download and you can see how I used them.

• there is a few glitches with the NO calculations, Iraq’s pro axis flag, and BCO’s IPC value.  That’s what I see wrong straight up.

• @ghr2:

there is a few glitches with the NO calculations, Iraq’s pro axis flag, and BCO’s IPC value.  That’s what I see wrong straight up.

BCo owner needs to be changed to “4” in sektor editor, and West India to “5”, that’s right.  ghr you can do this yourself with “File -> sektor editor” if you want to change it immediately yourself for your own copy.  Hope this helps.

• @ghr2:

there is a few glitches with the NO calculations, Iraq’s pro axis flag, and BCO’s IPC value.  That’s what I see wrong straight up.

This is with Version 2? I just updated it last night… just to make sure. Which NO’s have problems?

Bco should be worth 1 ipc per the Alpha+ .2 rules: 6. IPC income from West India (2) now goes to Calcutta.
    IPC income from British Columbia now goes to London.
    Note: With these income changes United Kingdom Pacific now makes 17 IPCs and United Kingdom Europe now makes 28 IPCs

Confirm you have version 2 and if the problems are still there and give me details on each if you can.

Edit: I see what you mean about Bco… there is no ipc value text on the map… ok i fix it.

• @mantlefan:

@TMTM:

@Geist:

It looks like the map only gives Japan 9 IPC for it’s NO of not being at war with the USA.

that might be an error, you can fix it yourself for now… click on File and Sektor Editor and then click on the NO box and in the Sektor Editor window… IPC’s All… change the 9 to 10 and click Save and click Save SektorInfo.sek also and then close it. :)

This didn’t work for me, I tried it both when the game was open and also when it wasn’t. I click on “Oil” but I never see any numbers to change.

Similar problems exist with
    Germany’s Egypt NO 3 instead of 5
    Soviet’s Berlin 9 instead of 10
    Soviet’s Japan Treaty 9 instead of 12
    Japan’s USA Peace 9 instead of 10 (as was mentioned)
    Japan’s Soviet Treaty 9 instead of 12
    USA’s Continental 9 instead of 10

when you click New… what version # is your module?

• @mantlefan:

I think I downloaded 2 days ago, it says version 1.

http://www.axisandallies.us/T40v2.zip try this one, some errors still exist… check your list of errors and let me know whic hare still not right. Thanks

• 2007 AAR League

I applied the new AA50 Colors to the map, which looks great btw, but now it’s not calculating convoy damage, did I miss something?

• @Emperor:

I applied the new AA50 Colors to the map, which looks great btw, but now it’s not calculating convoy damage, did I miss something?

changing only map.bmp will not affect anything but the image you see (so make sure you don’t change the location of sector borders).

• @Emperor:

Did you only edit the Map.bmp? Maybe you can email it to me… private message me… I’ll take a look at the Map file… which source files did you use? Did you try the new source file that has everything all in one?

• 2007 AAR League

@TMTM:

@Emperor:

Did you only edit the Map.bmp? Maybe you can email it to me… private message me… I’ll take a look at the Map file… which source files did you use? Did you try the new source file that has everything all in one?

Someone gave me the link and I downloaded the entire new T40.gim (version 2), intially I only copied the AA50 map to the original T40.gim and renamed the old map.bmp to mapold.bmp and then renamed the AA50 to map.bmp.  Whalaaa…new colors.  But I noticed that it wasn’t showing convoy damage for the subs I had off the coast of scotland, nor anywhere else for that matter.  So I copied over the rest of the new T40.gim still no convoy damage was registering.

• Did you use the actual “convoy ship damage” marker on the toolbar???- that is new.

• @questioneer:

Did you use the actual “convoy ship damage” marker on the toolbar???- that is new.

right… ships themselves dont do the damage like the other module… you need to place the burning transport icon in the seazone and also be set at war on the whos at war chart

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m