Sgt. Wonko's & TMTM's 1940 Global Module for Abattlemap

• Btw, the bigger size of zones and territories (compared to previous modules) is wonderful.

If you’re adding insignificant roundels to the Pacific, then I will ask again that you delete the language in the Chinese NO about using USA artillery.  That is irrelevant at best and confusing at worst because we have Chinese artillery units.  Also, Alpha2 rules are presently 8 cities in Europe theater, and 6 in Pacific, so the start map should have like 8 German icons and 6 Jap icons……  Also, I’m not sure the USSR/Jap NAT box is needed anymore with the new 12 IPC NO’s…  Whatever you think.

Now if I can sit down sometime and actually figure out how to change the background colors, I’ll be really happy…  :lol:

• @The:

Is have the one with tigerman’s  '39 map. It looks good

I may not have time for a while to do this one… I’ve seen it… I could help someone if they do some work on it like the outline etc. Would be glad to give you some tips before you get started to help it be more sucessful.

• @gamerman01:

If possible, it would be tremendous if you could change the order of countries in the info bar and tool bar to match actual turn order of Alpha2.

I don’t have the module so I don’t know what the order is there, but that would be very tedious - changing a lot of numbers in SektorInfo.txt/Sek (including some that can’t be changed with Sektor Editor probably).  Also, Abattlemap only fully supports the first 8 powers with all available features, so there may be a reason for the order if he has like france and china last or whatever… but like I said I don’t have the module so I don’t know for sure what the situation is or how he is doing convoy raids.

• @gamerman01:

If possible, it would be tremendous if you could change the order of countries in the info bar and tool bar to match actual turn order of Alpha2.

Quote from: gamerman01 on March 10, 2011, 11:35:04 pm
    Hey, can one of you gurus change the order of powers in the infoview and toolbar of TMTM’s module to match the order of play?  TMTM?  Can you?
    Sure, not sure I have time right away… what needs to be done is edit the SektorInfo.txt and then convert it to make a new SektorInfo.sek. If you want to give it a try… all you need to do is edit the SektorInfo.txt for me and I’ll convert it and add it to the next update. Here what you need to do: Take the SektorInfo.txt file from the .gim folder and open it change the order for each territory to the new order. Example, in the SektorInfo.txt the first like has: Urals  : 01010200 The 2 means its Russia because Russia is the 2nd on the toolpeices. This the the number that would need to be changed for each country that is moving to a new spot on the toolpeices. Note I already have the new toolpeice.bmp ready to go once this is done.

• @Stoney229:

@gamerman01:

I don’t have the module so I don’t know what the order is there, but that would be very tedious - changing a lot of numbers in SektorInfo.txt/Sek (including some that can’t be changed with Sektor Editor probably).  Also, Abattlemap only fully supports the first 8 powers with all available features, so there may be a reason for the order if he has like france and china last or whatever… but like I said I don’t have the module so I don’t know for sure what the situation is or how he is doing convoy raids.

ah, I forgot about that… we may need to keep the currently toolpeice order… for France you still need to use the convoy damage peice on the 5th line.

• Yes, I might give that a go today if I find the time.
    About the 8 powers thing - if we flip-flop Italy and France at the bottom……  I don’t know, I’ll play with it first - thanks for the step-by-step TMTM.  I have a little programmer in me.

• @gamerman01:

Btw, the bigger size of zones and territories (compared to previous modules) is wonderful.

If you’re adding insignificant roundels to the Pacific, then I will ask again that you delete the language in the Chinese NO about using USA artillery.  That is irrelevant at best and confusing at worst because we have Chinese artillery units.  Also, Alpha2 rules are presently 8 cities in Europe theater, and 6 in Pacific, so the start map should have like 8 German icons and 6 Jap icons……  Also, I’m not sure the USSR/Jap NAT box is needed anymore with the new 12 IPC NO’s…  Whatever you think.

Now if I can sit down sometime and actually figure out how to change the background colors, I’ll be really happy…  :lol:

I had edited this during a flurry of posts, so reposting it so TMTM can consider it…

• @gamerman01:

Btw, the bigger size of zones and territories (compared to previous modules) is wonderful.

Yes, I am planning to have ready a paint.net file that other can easily make a personal Map.bmp for this module… so you can edit the water color or land colors etc and just save it as Map.bmp and place it in the T40.gim folder and replace the old one. I’ll also make all Map.bmp Skins available for download at the top page. I’ll help you with this once its ready… maybe this weekend.

• :-)

• @gamerman01:

@gamerman01:

I had edited this during a flurry of posts, so reposting it so TMTM can consider it…

You’ll need to just tell me directly what to add and delete… I got faith in you hehe I haven’t had time to play an actual game of this yet… I just enjoyed making the module. So remove the (represented by US Pieces) from the Chinese NO?

Also, Alpha2 rules are presently 8 cities in Europe theater, and 6 in Pacific, so the start map should have like 8 German icons and 6 Jap icons - Tell what to do :) sorry

• @gamerman01:

Yes, I might give that a go today if I find the time.
    About the 8 powers thing - if we flip-flop Italy and France at the bottom……  I don’t know, I’ll play with it first - thanks for the step-by-step TMTM.  I have a little programmer in me.

You can change the owner of any sector on the map with sector edittor… but TMTM didn’t mention there may/will be other sectors with references to specific powers (such as at-war definitions) and the sectors aren’t represented on the map so they can’t be editted with sector edittor.  Read the appropriate sections of my tutorial and you will learn everything you need to know.  note that sektor Edittor only affetcs sektorinfo.sek, so if you want to make additional changes in sektorinfo.txt you have to first convert your editted .sek to .txt, then make the changes, then convert back to .sek.

• @Stoney229:

@gamerman01:

Yes, I might give that a go today if I find the time.

You can change the owner of any sector on the map with sector edittor… but TMTM didn’t mention there may/will be other sectors with references to specific powers (such as at-war definitions) and the sectors aren’t represented on the map so they can’t be editted with sector edittor.  Read the appropriate sections of my tutorial and you will learn everything you need to know.  note that sektor Edittor only affetcs sektorinfo.sek, so if you want to make additional changes in sektorinfo.txt you have to first convert your editted .sek to .txt, then make the changes, then convert back to .sek.

Thanks Stoney for setting us straight… your tutorial is awesome and the greatest thing to hit Abattlemap… I use it all time. See… I didn’t even think how that would effect the at war stuff… too much work right now to switch the turn order… for me anyway… just back from China and tons of stuff to do.

• just updated with new version and new source files… info can be found on the first post of the first page.

• Here is a replacement map for folks who think the France blue is to dark and can’t see the unit numbers.

Replacement Map with new France colors
    http://www.axisandallies.us/newfrancecolorMap.zip
    Just unzip it to the T40.gim folder and overwrite Map.bmp, note rename the original Map.bmp if you want to save it.

Always check the 1st post for all updated files and future skins (replacement Map.bmp)

• Very very Nice TMTM- This should be the standard map now- CAN SOMEONE STICKY THIS??? :-)

• @TMTM:

For anyone interested in more advanced editing of the module, please learn more by reading Stoney’s Abattlemap Module making Tutorial 1_0.pdf  at http://axisandallies.us/Tutorial 1_0.pdf

Please use this link instead: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18773.0

• @Stoney229:

@TMTM:

For anyone interested in more advanced editing of the module, please learn more by reading Stoney’s Abattlemap Module making Tutorial 1_0.pdf  at http://axisandallies.us/Tutorial 1_0.pdf

Please use this link instead: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18773.0

ok cool… keep it up dated with new tips and tricks?

• @questioneer:

Very very Nice TMTM- This should be the standard map now- CAN SOMEONE STICKY THIS??? :-)

No hurry on the sticky… I’ll ask IL to do when the time is right. Standard map… sounds good… any other tweaks you’d like to it before I make it standard?

• @TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

in theory, yes (if I make the time to do so).  Also, people can post comments and corrections or ask questions.  If it ever does change (it has changed minorly I think) that thread will be the most up-to-date version.

• @Stoney229:

@TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

in theory, yes (if I make the time to do so).  Also, people can post comments and corrections or ask questions.  If it ever does change (it has changed minorly I think) that thread will be the most up-to-date version.

I bought www.Abattlemap.com for the abattlemap team… I can host it on my server I already pay for… any idea’s let me know

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m