Sgt. Wonko's & TMTM's 1940 Global Module for Abattlemap

• I just noticed that today, since I’ve started playing global again.  It would be great if it got fixed.

The Russian NO boxes are all European TRUE NEUTRALS and PRO-ALLIED but do not include the latest rule change.

It is now any pro-Axis or original German or Italian territories.  So it should not include any of the true neutrals or pro-Allied (Switzerland, Sweden, Greece, Spain, Portugal, etc), but it SHOULD include territories like Libya and Tobruk.

This is not a complete list, but you get the idea.

Russian NO’s are now for Italian and German and Pro-Axis territories, and this is not restricted to Europe.
    True neutrals like Eire and Switzerland and pro-Allied like Greece and Yugoslavia do not count for the NOs.

Not a huge deal - we can manage until it gets fixed.  We can still flag them when earned, and I’ve already started using the sektor editor to at least change what it says in the popup…

Thanks!

• OK, so here is a list:

Should be added:
    Libya
    Tobruk
    Ethiopia
    Italian Somaliland

Should be removed:
    Eire
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Yugoslavia
    Greece
    Crete
    Turkey
    Spain
    Portugal

I think that’s it

• @Stoney229:

That’s what I see, but didn’t really check the whole thing - any others I missed?  Or did I miss the boat and someone else has already posted this?

my updated setup attached…

You’re missing an infantry in Egypt.  Also, the wrong row of French boats was used - mine has the bright ones that count on the info bar as French (very minor - but more accurate)

Crete is not marked as pro-Allied

My start-up map is attached

From comparing it to yours, I caught that the one I was using did not have Crete marked as pro-Allied, nor Eire.  It was also missing neutral armies in Saudi Arabia and Switzerland.  Thanks, Stoney.

AaA1940global_a3_FinalSetup.AAM

• @Gamerman01:

@Stoney229:

That’s what I see, but didn’t really check the whole thing - any others I missed? � Or did I miss the boat and someone else has already posted this?

You’re missing an infantry in Egypt.  Also, the wrong row of French boats was used - mine has the bright ones that count on the info bar as French (very minor - but more accurate)

From comparing it to yours, I caught that the one I was using did not have Crete marked as pro-Allied, nor Eire.  It was also missing neutral armies in Saudi Arabia and Switzerland.  Thanks, Stoney.

I may try to make a new version.  Since changing some of these things will make it somewhat incompatible with older versions, might as well make all compatibility-changing improvements at once.

For example,

1. Make Nbr and Quebec adjacent
    2. put in some clearer and better-looking canal/straits markers
    3. make Brg more clearly not adj to z89

Can anyone clarify the following, citing an official source?:

1. is Finland adjacent to z126?
    2. is Ontario adjacent to Cus?
    3. Is newf adjacent to z106?
    4. is col adjacent to z89
    5. can someone please quote me the current rules pertaining to all straights and canals (I ave not been keeping up)?

Some aesthetic changes I hope to put in:

1. make neutrals more easily distinguishable from Italy
    2. extend african country borders into sahara like they are on the physical board to accommodate house rules.
    3. Label Caspian sea as a sea zone

Anything else that should be done?

• @Stoney229:

I may try to make a new version. � Since changing some of these things will make it somewhat incompatible with older versions, might as well make all compatibility-changing improvements at once.

Awesome!!

Can anyone clarify the following, citing an official source?:

1. is Finland adjacent to z126?

NO.  It is VERY clear from looking at my gameboard.

1. is Ontario adjacent to Cus?

I can never remember the official answer to this, and it’s very important.  Someone else will know.

1. Is newf adjacent to z106?

NO.  Only 116 - this is very clear on my gameboard.

1. is col adjacent to z89

No.  Quite clearly not on the gameboard, and I’m pretty sure I remember this being clarified by Krieghund.

1. can someone please quote me the current rules pertaining to all straights and canals (I ave not been keeping up)?

Don’t have time right now, but it’s pretty simple.
    Must control Denmark to go through Danish straits.
    Must control Egypt and TrJ for Suez
    Must control Gibraltar
    Must control Panama

One exception.  SUBS CAN go through straits of Gibraltar at all times, regardless of control of Gibraltar.

Some aesthetic changes I hope to put in:

1. make neutrals more easily distinguishable from Italy

terrific

1. extend african country borders into sahara like they are on the physical board to accommodate house rules.
    2. Label Caspian sea as a sea zone

excellent

Anything else that should be done?

Thanks, Stoney!  If I think of anything later today, I’ll let you know.  Looking forward to the finished product!

• @Gamerman01:

@Stoney229:

That’s what I see, but didn’t really check the whole thing - any others I missed? � Or did I miss the boat and someone else has already posted this?

You’re missing an infantry in Egypt.  Also, the wrong row of French boats was used - mine has the bright ones that count on the info bar as French (very minor - but more accurate)

From comparing it to yours, I caught that the one I was using did not have Crete marked as pro-Allied, nor Eire.  It was also missing neutral armies in Saudi Arabia and Switzerland.  Thanks, Stoney.

Since my map had the neutrals on Saudi Arabia and Switzerland, I’m assuming it is more up-to date, so I just added the marker on Crete and the inf on Egypt.  Let me know if you had added anything else or see anything else.

I had actually noticed the french ships.  I expect this was done for convoy damage purposes, but the one near southern africa is different.  Since convoy damage is done completely differently in Alpha 3, I guess I’ll just stick with the actual french row of units.

BTW, whether or not I do this update may depend on whether or not I can get the layered image file from Sgt. Wonko.  He hasn’t been active in a year, and his mediafire link is dead.  would be a shame if that file is lost.

• Thanks for all your answers.

Are you sure about newf and z106?

Ontario is adj to cus, i found.

• Yes, 106 on the gameboard clearly only borders New Brunswick and Quebec
    Newfoundland borders only 116 - it is crystal clear on the game board, which is set up in this room.  I’ve double checked.

• @Gamerman01:

Yes, 106 on the gameboard clearly only borders New Brunswick and Quebec
    Newfoundland borders only 116 - it is crystal clear on the game board, which is set up in this room.  I’ve double checked.

thanks

• @Stoney229:

Let me know if you had added anything else or see anything else.

I noticed something today, playing Alpha3

My start file doesn’t have the correct number of Victory Cities marked at the top left.

USA starts with 4, not 3.
    UK Pacific starts with 2, not 1.

My startup file with this correction made is attached.

AaA1940global_a3_FinalSetup.AAM

• It would be very nice if the InfoView and Toolbar were edited to change the powers to their Alpha3 turn orders.

• @Gamerman01:

It would be very nice if the InfoView and Toolbar were edited to change the powers to their Alpha3 turn orders.

d’oh you’re right.  that might take some work

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Stoney229:

@Gamerman01:

It would be very nice if the InfoView and Toolbar were edited to change the powers to their Alpha3 turn orders.

d’oh you’re right.  that might take some work

Not as muich as you would think.  Copy/paste the pieces as necessary (done this before) and alter the text (also done this before.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m