Sgt. Wonko's & TMTM's 1940 Global Module for Abattlemap

• Alpha +3 Module for Abattlemap
    http://www.axisandallies.us/GA3.zip Beta 5 - Updated 11-15-2011

Sic, Cre, Eir, Sar have been added to the Russian NO
    Man - units fixed

Please let me know of any errors.

–------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I’ve recently completed a module for abattlemap… you will need to have the latest update to abattlemap for it to work correctly.

First I want to give credit to Stoney and Funcioneta… my module is almost completely based on theirs! If you haven’t already got Funcioneta’s 1940 Global module… I recommend you try it as well! Link: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=20043.0

Auto Convoy is BACK!

Sgt. Wonko’s Awesome Map/Module <–- NEW!
    Info - http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=22555.msg770088#msg770088
    Direct download - http://www.mediafire.com/?nux5db42xbnh827
    Note: This is packed as a complete module and will overwrite all files if you already have this module… if you have customized files… you’ll want to back them up!

The source files http://www.axisandallies.us/T40gimsourcefiles.zip updated 3.12.2011

Paint.net file http://www.axisandallies.us/T40Mapbmpmaker.zip updated 3.18.2011
    -This is perfect for making a new Map.bmp for this module

TMTM’s G40 Alpha2 module http://www.axisandallies.us/T40v3.zip updated 3.25.2011
    -This is the original version, I recommend Sgt. Wonko’s Module as it is better. I leave this for download for those who like it and anyone who might need it for future development and historical reasons.

Skins: Anyone who makes their own custom Map.bmp and want to share it, I’ll post it here.

Please note: In my version Convoy Damage will not automatically appear on the InfoView window by only placing naval units that do damage into a convoy. You’ll need to use the unit on the toolpeices that is right of the AA gun and looks like a Transports on fire. Place the appropriative number of them for the amount of damage that is occurring. For France, when they do damage use the units on the 5th line as you can see its unit on the 10th line is block out. This is due to a limit of abattlemap not recognizing by the 8th line… so Frances unit needed put on the 5th line. Also for damage to occur you need to be at war with the country of which you are damaging. This is done at the top of the map in the Diplomatic chart “Who’s at War with Who?”

This module works with the most up to date version of Abattlemap 0.80+

You must have the new version of ABattlemap for this module to function properly.  You can get it by downloading and unzipping http://www.mediafire.com/file/djkingzm3in/ABattleMapv0_80+.zip, and replacing the ABattlemap.exe file in your pre-installed ABattlemap version .79f program folder with the ABattlemap.exe file found in the download (some things will affect compatibility with other people’s save files).

or I recommend HolKann’s Abattlemap Installer found at: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12873.msg357193#msg357193 or directly downloaded at: http://www.mediafire.com/file/w05zwkxji5w/ABattleMap_Installer.exe, I also comes with lots of other goodies for people who’d love all the modules out there!

Updated 3.12.2011 is Version 1.
    Unzip it into your Abattlemap folder. Most likely C:\Program Files\Abattlemap if you went with the default location when you installed it.

Also included with this version in an alternate Map with AA50 color scheme. To switch to this map… go to C:\Program Files\Abattlemap\T40.gim and first rename the current Map.bmp to something else… so you can save it and switch back anytime. Then rename aa50coloredMap.bmp to Map.bmp and close and reopen Abattlemap and you’ll see a new colored map.

If you would like to edit the map with your own color and design… the source files are provided and have been updated.

First you’ll need Paint.net which can be downloaded at www.GetPaint.net
    Then open the source file of the part you’d like to edit. Once you’ve achieved the design you want… then first Save it as the PDN file that it already is… once saving is done. Click Save As and save it as a BMP file 24 bit. Now Make a Copy of the Map.bmp found in the Abattlemap\T40.gim and open it in Paint.net. Now go to the new bmp file you just made and use the Rectangle Select tool in paint.net and select the whole image you just made and hit Ctrl+C (copy) and then select the tab in paint.net of the original Map.bmp and hit Ctrl+V (paste) and move the image you just made directly and perfectly over the area it goes… and then save it and place it in your Abattlemap\T40.gim folder and reopen abattlemap and the module will now show the map you just made.

Tips: In the source file “g40 map source.pdn” you’ll see layers named “blank land colors” and “blank water color” when you want to edit the land or water colors of the map: select “blank land colors” and click on the Duplicate Layer button and then with your newly duplicated layer click on the Properties buttons and rename it “My land color” and do the same for the water colors by duplicating the layer “blank water color” and rename it “my water color”. By duplicating these layers leaving the blank layers available for future use incase you’d like to make another colored map or if you make any mistakes its easily reduplicated again. Aslo you may need to unselect some layers, such as the old water and land colors… since you will have made your own for example. If you aren’t sure about something… ask in the forum or private message me.

For anyone interested in more advanced editing of the module, please learn more by reading Stoney’s Abattlemap Module making Tutorial 1_0.pdf  at http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18773.0

If you have any questions, suggestion or need help, please feel free to ask in the forum or private message.

• TripleA

Downloaded, seems to work good.  Thanks for putting it together.

• TripleA

woot woot. Can we get a sticky on this? or at least get the links up in one of them stickies?

some of those stickies need to be merged anyway.

• hey guys,
    I DL the files now what? how do i run this?  :|

• @TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

I’ve finished the first version of my module. Its based on the modules of Funcioneta and Stoney229… what I did was make the map bigger and put all the NO’s on their own chart and the artwork is different as well. Give it a try and let me know of any improvements or fixes it needs… I’m also providing a link to the Paint.net source files… you just need Paint.net which can be found at www.getpaint.net

You will notice a few differences… like damage… you’ll need to use the damage icon toolpeice to do damage… this is done to prevent overdamaging. Anyway feel free to use the source files and make the artwork/module better or let me know what you’d like changed.

TMTM’s G40 Alpha2 module http://www.axisandallies.us/T40beta1.zip

The source files http://www.axisandallies.us/T40gimsourcefiles.zip

how would there be overdamaging?

Hey Stoney! A player at AAMC.net who asked me to build this module told me that you can over damage the UK/Scotland with zones 119 and 109. If you put 8 damage in z109 it will do the max damage allowed to the 2 combined but if you also add 2 damage to z119 it ends up damaging you 10 when the limit is 8… thats what I was told

Hmm I see never noticed that before since Pacific does not have anywhere with 2 convoy zones touching the same territory.  That needs to be fixed, b/c it can happen a few places on the europe map.

• Nice. I’ll have to get used to the map colorings.

One thing on these maps I’ve never been able to figure out, or maybe just get to work, is the auto convoy. Is that what the last post refers to? I’ve got it marked and ship movements don’t change the “Convoy” numbers in any way.

• @Kobu:

Nice. I’ll have to get used to the map colorings.

One thing on these maps I’ve never been able to figure out, or maybe just get to work, is the auto convoy. Is that what the last post refers to? I’ve got it marked and ship movements don’t change the “Convoy” numbers in any way.

right… I guess I should remove that… to do convoy damage you need to use the damage marker on the toolbar… the ships don’t automatically do the damage… you need to calculate it manually and place the # of markers for each damage point in the seazone the damage is accruing

• @Stoney229:

@TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

I’ve finished the first version of my module. Its based on the modules of Funcioneta and Stoney229… what I did was make the map bigger and put all the NO’s on their own chart and the artwork is different as well. Give it a try and let me know of any improvements or fixes it needs… I’m also providing a link to the Paint.net source files… you just need Paint.net which can be found at www.getpaint.net

You will notice a few differences… like damage… you’ll need to use the damage icon toolpeice to do damage… this is done to prevent overdamaging. Anyway feel free to use the source files and make the artwork/module better or let me know what you’d like changed.

TMTM’s G40 Alpha2 module http://www.axisandallies.us/T40beta1.zip

The source files http://www.axisandallies.us/T40gimsourcefiles.zip

how would there be overdamaging?

Hey Stoney! A player at AAMC.net who asked me to build this module told me that you can over damage the UK/Scotland with zones 119 and 109. If you put 8 damage in z109 it will do the max damage allowed to the 2 combined but if you also add 2 damage to z119 it ends up damaging you 10 when the limit is 8… thats what I was told

Hmm I see never noticed that before since Pacific does not have anywhere with 2 convoy zones touching the same territory.  That needs to be fixed, b/c it can happen a few places on the europe map.

I like the auto thing but a friend of mine pointed this out and didn’t like… so I just decided to make a different module that is a different size and handle things differently instead of trying to be redundant and give folks who’d like a bigger map etc… I’d like to see Attlia add some more to the code to handle to the damage limits when more than 1 convoy zone can damage the same territory… some kind of simple code system to put in the limits share by multiple zones.

• @Minor:

hey guys,
    I DL the files now what? how do i run this?  :|

please see Stoney’s reply below.

• @Kobu:

I’ve attached the source files… you can open them in paint.net software… you can fill in the territories with any color sheme you like… in a sense make your own skin for this module… as long as the border lines line up.

• @TMTM:

I’d like to see Attlia add some more to the code…

I think you know that’s not gonna happen, but hopefully H will take care of it this summer if/when he has time.  If I’m not around this summer, you should remind/mention it to him because I’d not noticed this bug before and it therefore wasn’t in the list I think I gave him of bugs needing fixed.

@TMTM:

@Minor:

hey guys,
    I DL the files now what? how do i run this?  :|

I recommend trying Funetioneta’s module that is stickyed above this topic… you first need abattlemap and the upgrade that comes with the pacific 1940 module before my module will work for you.

I recommend pointing people to HolKann’s installer instead (it includes 0.80+), since it’s easier to find and doesn’t require any registration, and since there are a million "pacific 1940 module"s he could download before actually downloading Atti’s outdated one that you are referring to

• @TMTM:

@Kobu:

right… I guess I should remove that… to do convoy damage you need to use the damage marker on the toolbar… the ships don’t automatically do the damage… you need to calculate it manually and place the # of markers for each damage point in the seazone the damage is accruing

This is the marker on the far right of the Toolbar? I tried that and don’t see any numbers changing on the InfoView.  :?

• @Kobu:

@TMTM:

@Kobu:

This is the marker on the far right of the Toolbar? I tried that and don’t see any numbers changing on the InfoView.  :?

Right… its the transport that looks like its on fire… the reason it might not be damaging is you might not have put a flag in the box that you are now at war with that country… you need to be at war with the country you are damaging… you’ll need to put the appropriate flag in the Diplomatic chart.

• @TMTM:

Right… its the transport that looks like its on fire… the reason it might not be damaging is you might not have put a flag in the box that you are now at war with that country… you need to be at war with the country you are damaging… you’ll need to put the appropriate flag in the Diplomatic chart.

I put German damage marker in SZ 109. Nothing. Try a British one and nothing. I marked everyone being at war with everyone, different markers in many different sea zones, and nothing.

• Is have the one with tigerman’s  '39 map. It looks good

• Mistake in map

In Jeh there is soviet art rather than Jap

To edit replace the SU Art with Jap Art and then save the map file in the t40.gim file

This means that you don’t need to replace it at the start of every game

• The Soviets are also missing quite a bit of their setup. I haven’t looked around for other problems but that one was rather obvious.

• @Kobu:

@TMTM:

I put German damage marker in SZ 109. Nothing. Try a British one and nothing. I marked everyone being at war with everyone, different markers in many different sea zones, and nothing.

it works for me… the game starts with uk and germany at war… i put a german damage marker in z109 and it shows damage on the infoview… as you add the damage marker you dont see the damage change?

• Correct. It doesn’t do anything.

map.jpg

• beta2 is avaliable for download… its been updated with a new Start.aam file. gamerman01 made it. Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m