• Customizer

@coachofmany:

@Fishmoto37:

If FMG is not going to make an M3 Stuart light tank then that would be a good sculpt to consider. The Marines used a lot of them against the Japanese. They were generaly superior to the Japanese tanks. They had a role in Europe as well.

I am making Stuart in the US set.
    I will also poll to find out what people prefer in equipment.
    I will make the P-40 in the Nationalist Chinese set.

VERY COOL!!

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

The U.S. had a small 75mm Artillery piece that both Airborne & Marines used, it was easy to maneuver and much smaller than other pieces. I am torn even to do a artillery piece just because there is nothing special about the artillery. So maybe I should leave the artillery piece out. What do you think?

• For the Marines set I don’t need an artillery.  I may be alone on this but frankly I’d rather have an amphibious Sherman for the set.

• Great choice with the Stuart and P40!

• Customizer

@dadler12:

For the Marines set I don’t need an artillery.  I may be alone on this but frankly I’d rather have an amphibious Sherman for the set.

Yeah, the Marines could just use regular US artillery pieces.

@knp7765:

@dadler12:

For the Marines set I don’t need an artillery.  I may be alone on this but frankly I’d rather have an amphibious Sherman for the set.

Yeah, the Marines could just use regular US artillery pieces.

I agree.

• yeah i can live with out a marine specific artillery, im happy as long as you make the infantry and the Corsair for the marines

Wonder if I should put some LCM’s ?

ok, in a pack of 26 pieces:

12 Marines
    2 Flamethrowers
    4 LVT
    6 Corsair

I added a LCM to the poll as well as a Infantry with flame thrower, modify your votes if needed.

What do you think?

• '10

@coachofmany:

Wonder if I should put some LCM’s ?

ok, in a pack of 26 pieces:

12 Marines
    2 Flamethrowers
    4 LVT
    6 Corsair

I added a LCM to the poll as well as a Infantry with flame thrower, modify your votes if needed.

What do you think?

You have 24 pieces listed. What are the other two? Are the two flamethrowers listed infantry or shermans?

• Flamethrower Shermans would be awesome!  I cannot change my vote so let it be known I support the LCM!

• Customizer

Looks like a pretty good lineup to me, but Fishmoto is right, you only have 24 pieces listed.

The flamethrower Shermans would be a great piece for this set.

• whats the visual differences between a regular Sherman and a flame throwing Sherman?

• '10

@Lunarwolf:

whats the visual differences between a regular Sherman and a flame throwing Sherman?

I have seen a couple different versions. One had a short flame barrel mounted in the hull where a machine gun would normally go. I think this one had a very limited range. The other had a longer flame barrel mounted in the turret along side the 75mm gun.

@dadler12:

Flamethrower Shermans would be awesome!  I cannot change my vote so let it be known I support the LCM!

Marines with Flamethrowers could say subtract a (-1) to say a fortification on a island. Give them a +1 against regular Infantry or subtract a advantage to a veteran Infantry unit. You can use it for your own house rules or it can be just a simple Marine unit even if it is carrying a flamethrower. better now than in 6 months when people are asking for a second sculpt for a marine.
    as for the Sherman Flamethrower, I am hesitant because of the little difference in the look of a Sherman tank. But it is not out of the question, I have to have my final sculpt pic in about two weeks so i have some time to make some changes.

I am trying to keep the cost down for these pieces, but one more sculpt will not affect the cost.

12 Marines
    2 Flamethrowers (marine)
    2 Sherman (Flamethrowers)
    4 LVT
    6 Corsair

How’s this?

• '10

@coachofmany:

@dadler12:

Flamethrower Shermans would be awesome!  I cannot change my vote so let it be known I support the LCM!

Marines with Flamethrowers could say subtract a (-1) to say a fortification on a island. Give them a +1 against regular Infantry or subtract a advantage to a veteran Infantry unit. You can use it for your own house rules or it can be just a simple Marine unit even if it is carrying a flamethrower. better now than in 6 months when people are asking for a second sculpt for a marine.
    as for the Sherman Flamethrower, I am hesitant because of the little difference in the look of a Sherman tank. But it is not out of the question, I have to have my final sculpt pic in about two weeks so i have some time to make some changes.

I am trying to keep the cost down for these pieces, but one more sculpt will not affect the cost.

12 Marines
    2 Flamethrowers (marine)
    2 Sherman (Flamethrowers)
    4 LVT
    6 Corsair

How’s this?

Looking pretty good so far but I think that you can lose the Marine flame thrower infantry unit. Too specialized a unit unless you have some use for it in a tactical game. Now the early war sculpt for the second marine would be good for those purists that want Philippine, Wake, Guam, or Hiwaii Is. defenders in their 1939, 1940 global games. ( Yes there were marines in the Philippines in 1941.) If one more sculpt would not effect the cost then I think the early war marine would be more usable.

I would want them to be the same, either all early or both late war.

• I like the list coach but I would rather have 4 Shermans or 2 LCM-3’s then the flamethrower Marine unit.  Regular Marine’s are fine with me.

• Customizer

I think this is a GREAT list.  I like having 2 types of flamethrower units:  one for infantry and one in a tank.  Each could be used for a different purpose and could have different values and costs.  Plus, he only has 2 of each per set which would make them specialized units.

• Coach, excellenct list of USMC pieces.  With this set we can even create the Black Sheep Sqdrn of Pappy Boyington.
    Only thing I see to do that is after purchase paint the corsairs in navy blue to match what his squadron flew.  Anybody else like this idea?

Cheers

Marines with an OOB Hellcat and Sherman for reference.

Marine with Flamethrower
    marine with Machine Gun
    Sherman Flame
    LVT
    F4U Corsair

These will be done in OOB US green and OOB US Dark Green from Pacific 2001

Marines5-31-750.JPG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m