Conflicting answers. OOB or A +2 for Standalones??

• TripleA

Hey guys,

Playing a 1940 Europe later today.  I’ve found threads that say you use OOB setup and NO’s for standalones, and ones that say you use A+2 Setup and OOB NO’s, and ones that say A+2 Setup and applicable G40 NO’s.

What’s the deal!!!

Thanks.

Nick

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

You were playing Europe and didn’t invite me up to Nanaimo?!?! Cmon man! :P

• Official Q&A

The deal is that as of now there are no “official” Alpha rules and setups for Europe and Pacific.  You can either use my “unofficial” adaptations of the Alpha rules for them or play OOB.

• TripleA

@Krieghund:

The deal is that as of now there are no “official” Alpha rules and setups for Europe and Pacific.  You can either use my “unofficial” adaptations of the Alpha rules for them or play OOB.

Are these located on this site or Larry’s… trying to find the threads for those.  Thanks!

• Official Q&A

Just use the Alpha setup and rules (including NOs) with the following exceptions:

• Replace the two ANZAC infantry in Egypt with one UK infantry.

• Use US NOs 1 and 5 only, ignoring any references to Pacific territories.

Changes to Europe-specific rules:

• Instead of it two infantry per turn in Novosibirsk, give USSR an extra 9 IPCs per turn, whether at war or not.

• Captured major ICs are downgraded.

• TripleA

@Krieghund:

Just use the Alpha setup and rules (including NOs) with the following exceptions:

• Instead of it two infantry per turn in Novosibirsk, give USSR an extra 9 IPCs per turn, whether at war or not.

Thanks.  I would assume for Pacific the same things would follow.  Leave out USSR troops, use Alpha 2 setup and only NO’s relevant to Pacific.

• 94Canuck I’ve made a post about the A+2 changes for 1940 Europe:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=22437.0

Dont know if it will help you, but feel free to use any of it. The source is the G40 A+2.

• Perhaps it would a good idea to make one or more stickied threads regarding Alpha for the standalones. It seems like a lot of the new threads that are appearing in the Europe and Global sections are just people asking if they should use Alpha or not.

• @Krieghund:

Just curious; what’s the reasoning behind the Russians receiving +9 IPC each turn rather than the two infantry? (worth 6 IPCs).

• Official Q&A

It was felt that two free infantry when at war didn’t do enough to make up for the loss of Soviet Pacific income in the Alpha environment.  This may change with further testing, however.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m