Macro-enabled Excel Bank Sheet – Alpha +2

• I created a Macro-enabled worksheet to help with the banking in AA Global, Alpha +2. It keeps track of income, bonus and banks for each of the 9 countries (with separate banks for UK), and has a handy purchase calculator for tracking your buys. I’ve recently added an archive sheet, so you have a visual representation of the economies.

Installation:

You’ll need Excel 2007 (maybe 2003 will work, I’m not sure) to use this spreadsheet – make sure to enable macros.

1. Download the spreadsheet.
    2. Rename the extension from .xls to .xlsm (I had to change it to upload it to this forum).
    3. Open the renamed spreadsheet.

Use:

There are three macros within the spreadsheet: “ResetGame,” “EndTurn” and “PurchaseUnits.” “ResetGame” resets all the game data to the Global 1940 starting positions, “EndTurn” advances to the next player’s turn, and “PurchaseUnits” sums up the purchase and subtracts it from your bank. Each macro is assigned to a button on the sheet.

At the beginning of each game, you’ll want to reset the banks. To do this, press the “Reset Game” button.

Now that the game has started, Germany can enter in the number of each unit they’d like to purchase in column L. Once the purchases are finished, press the “Purchase”. If you make a mistake, you can always manually reset the current funds for the country (cell B4 for Germany, for instance) and redo the purchase. UK has separate banks for Europe and Pacific.

When the UK’s turn comes up, the European purchases are made first, then Pacific. Hitting “Purchase” for UK E makes that purchase and sets up the purchase area for UK P. UK P then loops back to UK E when you’re finished. If you make a mistake in one theater, finish the purchases for the other theater then you’ll automatically be back at the first theater.

When all the purchases are done and combat has been resolved, make sure to adjust the Income and Bonus values for each country. Using the “End Turn” button will add the income and bonus to the current bank and advance to the next country (remember to manually adjust the current funds for convoy disruptions and whatnot). Hitting the “End Turn” button after France resets the country to Germany and advances the turn. If you make any mistakes or get lost, you can always manually enter the country and turn in cells C10 and D10 respectively (the cells with the country and turn in rows 15 and 16 are just for display, any adjustments need to be made in the smaller cells above).

Remember that if you make any mistakes or need to adjust the setup at all, you can make manual adjustments to the income, bonus, current funds, country or turn number.

Other Features, Quirks:

-The second sheet in the workbook contains an archive of each of the banks at the end of each turn. Excel will automatically graph it as you go along, so you can watch the rise and fall of the various economies. It will record anytime you hit “End Turn”, so if you hit it by mistake and go back, you may find duplicate archive rows. You can delete the contents of any erroneous row and the graph will update itself.
    -Rows 19 and 20 contain the total incomes and banks for the two teams, giving a quick look at the overall economies.
    -The big cell around 24C gives my approximation of the year and season based on the turn number.
    -If you update the current funds for a country, it won’t immediately be reflected in the purchase section, even though when you hit Ctrl-P it will use the updated value. You can always manually enter it in cell K24 if you need it to help with your purchasing.

I wrote this program to help out with my games, so it’s not extremely user-friendly. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or notice any mistakes.

AAG40_Bank_Alpha2.xls

• once you got the glitches out I will make it a sticky. So let me know

• I’ve been using it for my global games without any problems since Alpha +2, but I’d like to have everybody’s feedback before I declare it “glitch free”.  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m