• So I have the 1939-1945 Starter Set and 50-60 dollars to spend on booster packs. What booster packs should I buy and are the ones before 1939-1945 now extinct and un-playable?

• no, the V1 mini’s are still good.  They are just a bit out of scale compared to the larger V2’s. 
    As far as what booster packs to buy?  IMO you should start w/ some North Africa and Eastern Front Boosters if you are into mid war.  Buy Early war for…you guessed it, early war period(not my fav).  If you can manage to find boosters from Base Set I, Base Set II, Contested Skies or D-Day you will want to pick those up if they are priced reasonably.  They can be pretty much impossible to find at an affordable rate.  ebay is a good place for singles, try to buy inexpensive lots w/ a diverse amount of common/uncommons from different sets as you will want multiples of these anyway.  Counter Offensive is the latest booster and is in stock pretty much anywhere online.  Extra maps can be tricky to find, I have resorted to making my own terrain instead(pictured).  Hope that helps!

• That’s a sick map, dude. How do you put that thing away when you’re done though?!

• Do you not recommend getting a 1939-1945 booster?

• @onetthome:

That’s a sick map, dude. How do you put that thing away when you’re done though?!

Very carefully  :-D  I have a couple shallow storage bin that works real well.

@basebalp21:

Do you not recommend getting a 1939-1945 booster?

Yes, I would also get 39-45 boosters.  Lot’s of good units in that set from early to late war.  Sorry, forgot to mention that one.

• go here for a list of all cards and units from Set I - Eastern Front:  http://aaminis.myfastforum.org/about3898.html&highlight=
    Bookmark that link b/c you will use it often, trust me.

I’m not sure why they stopped at Eastern Front but the 2 latest sets, Early War and Counter Offensive should make it up there sometime.

• Thanks a lot

• Im not sure. . . There are a lot of different ones I could probably/would like to be. Itd probably be a nocturnal breed of some sort though; Im much more awake during the night compared to the day. Maybe a Nightglory Drake for me. . . I love the way they look, and Im shy and reserved like them.

nice game table.

one question, How come the Brumbar and Tiger have not smashed the churchill arv yet. I wanna see cotton flames and smoke coming out of that british pile :evil:

• Must…… Kill … AVRE…

• @Deaths:

nice game table.

one question, How come the Brumbar and Tiger have not smashed the churchill arv yet. I wanna see cotton flames and smoke coming out of that british pile :evil:

There appears to be a mountain in the Tigers LOS, and a forest (with a Sherman Rhino) blocking the “Brumbar’s” LOS… I would guess that the Allies won Initiative, and move second, since all their units are well positioned! :D If that AVRE makes it over the bridge… those German Infantry on the other side are in for a whole lotta trouble! ;)

• 1939-1945 is my personal favorite, it’s hard to find at a reasonable price though.

• Also, north africa is good and Eastern front gives you a lot of powerful German and Russian units but not a lot of other factions. ( Sorry for the double post).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m