• Customizer

The rulebook says that Bombers dropping off paratroopers can join a ground assault but not do a strategic bombing run. Does this include assisting the troops it drops off?
    Last week playing AA50 the UK left London relatively empty as Germany had only one transport in range but no troops it could pick up. I think he had a tank and 3 infantry. Germany had 3 Bombers and 3 Inf in Berlin, picked them up and dropped them in London, surviving the AA guns, and took the Capital.

It seems to me that it is perfectly legal but I know this is probably why the rule has been changed in AAG40.

Also, we only rolled one round of AA gun defense. Should we have rolled one for the drop off and one for the attack?

• Official Q&A

@Most:

The rulebook says that Bombers dropping off paratroopers can join a ground assault but not do a strategic bombing run. Does this include assisting the troops it drops off?

Yes.  They must fight in the same territory in which they drop the infantry, as that’s where their combat movement ends.

@Most:

Also, we only rolled one round of AA gun defense. Should we have rolled one for the drop off and one for the attack?

You did it correctly.  The drop off is part of the attack.

• So this is the only acception that a plane can capture a territory?

• Official Q&A

No.  Air units can never capture territories, or land in newly captured territories.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m