Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

Can fighters scramble to defend land territories?

• I know an air base allows fighters scrambling to defend an adjacent SZ.
    But can fighters also scramble to defend a land territory adjacent to an Air-Base (i.e. can Russian fighter and tact-bomber in Moscow (with an Air-base) scramble to defend Smolenks?

(from a purely logical point of view I don’t see why they couldn’t, but the manual seems to imply that fighters can only scramble on a sea-zone).

• Official Answers

Scrambling is only allowed in sea zones.

• Just to provide logical justification: air units can’t scramble to provide air cover for adjacent provinces because those provinces can have their own fighters and/or airbase.  Sea zones cannot, and the purpose of air bases in many cases is to help nearby fleets.

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m