• @MEGAEINSTEIN:

aaminiatures hsas the right scale and aanavalminiatures also

Then play with the miniatures…

Constructive criticism is great, and even requested with the Alpha projects, but the scale of the units probably isn’t going to change, so why complain? Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes!

• Yea, i really think the scale of units and sculpts (like sherman vs. whatever, france having own tank and stuff) are relatively insignificant. they are nice, and could be improved, and I would like to see a bit of improvement every version, but nothing to fuss about. Except for maybe the amount included in each set. Any one else find it funny that china has more infantry than it can possibly use (one for every territory) yet they managed to give them one less marker than they need? I know that no power has enough markers to conquer the world, but China can only get 6 places. So they give us 5.  :lol:

• Customizer

Actually, the Chinese territories that begin the game under Japan control already have a Chinese control marker on the board itself (Manchuria, Shantung, etc.)  You are supposed to put Japanese control markers in those territories at setup along with the military units.
    According to the rules, Chinese forces are not allowed to go outside Chinese territories (those on the map with a Chinese symbol on them) with the exception of Burma and Kwangtung.  China can fight Axis forces in those two territories outside of China and if India is under Axis control, they can even control and get IPC income from those two territories.  Thus, you would need Chinese control markers for those two territories to show that China controls them.  Of course, if India is liberated, control of those territories reverts back to India so you would remove the Chinese control markers to show that they were British again.
    So, basically, to play this game you really only need 3 Chinese control markers:  One for Burma, one for Kwangtung and one for the Production Chart.

• The scale is fine. After a couple of scotch and waters or Grand Marniers on ice you need them to be  of a different scale. The only piece issue I have is historically accurate Italians. Thats why I ordered them from FMG. I think they should still also provide the money. I have been playing this game since high school off and on and I just turned 40. The money for me is almost essential. Just my 2 cents.

• @knp7765:

Actually, the Chinese territories that begin the game under Japan control already have a Chinese control marker on the board itself (Manchuria, Shantung, etc.)  You are supposed to put Japanese control markers in those territories at setup along with the military units.
    According to the rules, Chinese forces are not allowed to go outside Chinese territories (those on the map with a Chinese symbol on them) with the exception of Burma and Kwangtung.  China can fight Axis forces in those two territories outside of China and if India is under Axis control, they can even control and get IPC income from those two territories.  Thus, you would need Chinese control markers for those two territories to show that China controls them.  Of course, if India is liberated, control of those territories reverts back to India so you would remove the Chinese control markers to show that they were British again.
    So, basically, to play this game you really only need 3 Chinese control markers:  One for Burma, one for Kwangtung and one for the Production Chart.

Actually not true. although it might be a good idea to do that with the japanese markers, that’s not the official rule. And also, that is not true about china taking control of the british territories. They can occupy, but not control. Even if india is japanese.

• Official Q&A

@The:

And also, that is not true about china taking control of the british territories. They can occupy, but not control. Even if india is japanese.

Knp7765 is right.  China can control those territories if India is held by the Axis.  The wording is a bit ambiguous in the Rulebook, but that’s the intent.

• Customizer

Knp7765 is right.  China can control those territories if India is held by the Axis.  The wording is a bit ambiguous in the Rulebook, but that’s the intent.

No offense intended, but why would you want a rule to be ambiguous?

• @jim010:

No offense intended, but why would you want a rule to be ambiguous?

“that’s the intent” was not aimed at the rule being ambiguous, but at the “China can control these territories if India is held by the Axis” <- THAT is the intent of the rule (the rule just happens to read ambiguously).

• Official Q&A

This concludes the lesson on how to write ambiguously.    :lol:

• @Krieghund:

@The:

And also, that is not true about china taking control of the british territories. They can occupy, but not control. Even if india is japanese.

Ah, thanks. And yes, this needs rewording. It says…

“Kwangtung and Burma are special cases. While they are not Chinese territories and cannot be controlled by China, Chinese forces can attack axis units there and occupy them, but the ipcs generated go to the United Kingdom (unless India is under Axis control). These are the only non-chinese territories that chinese units can occupy”

This specifically states that china can’t control them, only occupy. I inferred that the place where it says (unless India is under axis control) simply meant that the ipcs obviously wouldn’t go to india in this case. In fact, this whole paragraph can be boiled down to simply…

“China can defend/take kwangtung and Burma.”

And then obviously you would know that they couldn’t take it unless india was axis controlled.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m