• I dont know if this belongs in variants or in other games so I don’t care if a moderator moves it. Also if there are any Halo fans out there your goning to like this. So my friend got Halo Wars: Risk for Christmas and I was really happy. Another boardgame for our risk group to play  :-D. however i was dissappointed by the fact that it has no special rules  :x! Its just likw risk revised but with halo grunts, marines, tanks, and Spartans. So I had a great idea. Why not revise it and add Axis and Allies rules to it. Even use some pieces! So we got to work. And thats about it. Tell me if you like the idea.

• @Pvt.Ryan:

I dont know if this belongs in variants or in other games so I don’t care if a moderator moves it. Also if there are any Halo fans out there your goning to like this. So my friend got Halo Wars: Risk for Christmas and I was really happy. Another boardgame for our risk group to play  :-D. however i was dissappointed by the fact that it has no special rules   :x! Its just likw risk revised but with halo grunts, marines, tanks, and Spartans. So I had a great idea. Why not revise it and add Axis and Allies rules to it. Even use some pieces! So we got to work. And thats about it. Tell me if you like the idea.

Being a big Halo fan myself I would love it! Good luck on the project and hope you keep us updated.

• I just came across this forum, and decided to write a word in it to see if anyone was still interested in this idea.

I have the risk game as well, with halo pieces. I have two copies and I thought, “why not add flood to world war 2?” I have the global war varient map, and it’s fantastic. As a matter of fact, it could be really easy to start a random invasion of the world with the flood. If you’ve ever played memoir 44, there’s a system where you drop troops from a certain height, and that’s where the groups start. We could do the same type of thing with Axis and allies, but a little more “chances guaranteed.” Make a chart of different territories on different continents, and then make a concentration chart of the level of flood you’d want in the invasion. I’d make charts where I could roll D12’s, because it’s a lot better that way.

First thing is first, I would see how many territories it’s effecting (roll a 1D8 to see how many territories it effects.) Next, I would roll the territories with a D12, and the territories can’t overlap.

1. Hunan (China)                                                                            1. 15    9 small, 2 carriers
    2. Brazil                                                                                        2. 20  14 small, 2 carriers
    3. Archangel                                                                                  3. 25  16 small, 3 carriers
    4. Central USA                                                                                4. 25  16 small, 3 carriers
    5. Greater Southern Germany                                                          5. 30  18 small, 4 carriers                                         
    6. Nigeria                                                                                      6. 30  18 small, 4 carriers
    7. Western Australia                                                                        7. 30  18 small, 4 carriers
    8. Novibrisk                                                                                    8. 35  20 small, 5 carriers
    9. Japan                                                                                        9. 35  20 small, 5 carriers
    10. India                                                                                      10. 40  22 small, 6 carriers
    11. Egypt                                                                                      11. 40  22 small, 6 carriers
    12. Quebec                                                                                  12. 50  20 small, 10 carriers

splitting it up would be the tricky part. I would just try to evenly split the amount of “units” there are in the group and then split them that way amongst the territories. For easier understanding, carriers are still “3”, just in a different way (I’ll get to that.) The more there is, the easier it would be. Once you split them up, get ready for the chaos!

Carriers are going to be pretty strong, but not ridiculously. The infection forms are going to be very important for the spread of the flood as it would in real life. Stats are below;
    Infection- 1/1/1/1
    Carrier- 2/2/1/3
    Juggernaut- 4/4/2/6- can only have one
    Base- 0/0/0/8

Though they don’t use the official minerals of the earth, it still takes time and energy to make more flood. The flood don’t need the base to make more flood. The base will simply allow them to produce extra flood for free, making it more interesting.  You can figure there are animals and plenty of people for them to infect in the territory themselves. If you want to take it a step further, you can make population counts using the UNSC troops throughout the map, according to what’s realistic. In this case, colors of population wouldn’t matter as much, but you could still make it interesting if you wanted to. Just a thought.

This is just an idea. Thoughts!!??

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m