Play by skype or phone call - Global 1940

• Not looking for a PBEM game, and already have the local Rocky Mountain meetup group for Face to Face (FTF) games.  I’m looking for something in between for in between FTF games.  Also, I just can’t go back to playing anything other than Global 1940.  Revised and 1942 just don’t do it for me anymore.

I would like to organize a group of Global 1940 players that are willing to play virtually using either skype or a conference call dial in number, and an online dice room such as American Online chat rooms (you can roll dice in AOL chat rooms using a //roll-dice## command).    Players would probably use the AA Battlemap software, but heck if you want to keep the board set up in your house, I’ve got no problem with that.

Ideally the group would meet for 4 to 6 hours per week at least one night a week.  Group game or one vs. one.

Any takers?  Has anyone organized something like this already?  Again, not interested in PBEM for global 1940 - it would take a year to finish a game playing 1 turn every 2 to 3 days.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I’d be game.

I have skype at home.

Where is the rocky mountain group situated? and what is your Skype?  Send me a PM.

• I would totally skype aswell, just wonderign how it would work playing via skype

• Get the latest version of AA Battlemap installed if you haven’t already.  Also get the latest version of the aa battlemap global module.  i will send you the links if you need them.  also  i will send you the Alpha +2 setup file and a spreadsheet for tracking ipcs, purchases and national objectives.  skype is just a way of communicating our moves.  in theory you could use instant messaging as well (if let’s say english wasn’t your native language - there are interpreter “droids” on google talk for example.  I use AIM for dice rolling.

• if u walk me through it, then ya ill bite

• Just message me via E-mail: davidsonrhino@yahoo.com, Like u might need to send me the links and guide me in how to set it up properly.  Send me ur skype info btw

• I might wanna get in on that to. Send me a message at aranax@gmail.com or add me to msn aranax69@hotmail.com

• I may not be monitoring this thread in the future.  If you are interested in playing this way then either email me or skype call BrianJuly5.

It helps to have battlemap installed.  The links are:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12873.0

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=20043.0

I like to use AOL chat rooms to roll dice, so it certainly helps if you install AIM.  www.aim.com

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m