• If Germany captures Paris in G1 they receive their money(19ipc) but if Germany captures London or Moscow in G3 or G4 do they get their money too?? for example 28 IPC if london is captured? thanks

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• Customizer

Germany will get whatever IPCs the UK (Europe Only) has on hand when Germany captures London.  By G3 or G4, I would imagine it wouldn’t be 28 IPCs, probably less if the Italians have been successful in taking some British territories in Africa and Germany did some convoy raiding with their subs.
    Same thing goes with Moscow.  Say Germany captures Moscow on G4, they will get whatever IPCs the USSR has on hand at that time.  It will probably not be 37 IPCs as I’m sure Germany will have captured a lot of Russian territory by then.
    The only reason Germany gets the full 19 IPCs from France is because France doesn’t get a chance to spend any of it before Germany captures Paris.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

How do you go about capturing Moscow on G3?

• @Gargantua:

How do you go about capturing Moscow on G3?

It was only an example.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Is there any example that a G3 capture of Moscow is even possible?

I’m listening :P

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yea, theoretically, it is possible to get the Armor from Romania and/or Hungary and/or W. Poland to Moscow in 3 turns.  Actually in 2 turns.

Realistic?  I hardly think so.  Your best real chance is at a minimum of round 4 and more likely round 6 if you declare war on Germany 1.

Which is a thought, has anyone tried declaring war on Russia round 2/3 and started an invasion early?  I wonder On round 1, it is theoretically possible to kill 7 Russian infantry, sink a Battleship and a submerge a submarine (unless he wants to stand and fight) and take 3 Russian territories.

Of course, what would you have to give up to do it?

• @Gargantua:

Is there any example that a G3 capture of Moscow is even possible?

I’m listening :P

TANKS TANKS TANKS! of course.

• @Cmdr:

Yea, theoretically, it is possible to get the Armor from Romania and/or Hungary and/or W. Poland to Moscow in 3 turns.  Actually in 2 turns.

Realistic?  I hardly think so.  Your best real chance is at a minimum of round 4 and more likely round 6 if you declare war on Germany 1.

Which is a thought, has anyone tried declaring war on Russia round 2/3 and started an invasion early?  I wonder On round 1, it is theoretically possible to kill 7 Russian infantry, sink a Battleship and a submerge a submarine (unless he wants to stand and fight) and take 3 Russian territories.

Of course, what would you have to give up to do it?

I think you wouldnt have to give up too much if you got lucky  :-). And getting Moscow by G3 is definitely unrealistic…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m