Axis and Allies Express: Operation Exporter

• Hello everyone. This is the second topic I’ve started for Axis and Allies Express. This game has to do with Operation Exporter as mentioned above. Though it is more commonely known as the Syria-Lebanon Campaign. It has to do with British Colonial and Free French Forces attacking and occupying the Syria-Lebanon area. For more information go to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria-Lebanon_campaign

I will be posting progress reports on my status on the game every few days or so. If anyone was any input (bad or good) please reply. I will need all the help I can get to complete this latest edition to Axis and Allies Express. Thank for taking the time to read this post. I will post my first map soon.

• Alright I have made a VERY ROUGH edition of my Syria&Lebanon Campaign. Most territories (excluding Iraqi territories, trans Jordon territories, and The Duck’s Bill) are named after cities found on the Syria map on the wiki page CWO found. I used Microsoft Paint to make it. I included few sea zones as sea battle was little use in the syrian campaign. However the player that controls the sea can use it to ferry troops around. The lines you see between territories are rails, rodes, and tracks (i guessed they meant paths). Because Syria is mainly desert these are used for movment. Im not totally sure how it will work but I havent focused on the rules much. Also I am dropping the Chinese campaigns (srry to those who got excited about them) and i will work on operation market garden. I prefer the European and African theaters.

–------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AASyriaLebanonCampaign.png (98.21 KB, 1907x865 - viewed 1 times.)

• @Pvt.Ryan:

Alright I have made a VERY ROUGH edition of my Syria&Lebanon Campaign. Most territories (excluding Iraqi territories, trans Jordon territories, and The Duck’s Bill) are named after cities found on the Syria map on the wiki page CWO found. I used Microsoft Paint to make it. I included few sea zones as sea battle was little use in the syrian campaign. However the player that controls the sea can use it to ferry troops around. The lines you see between territories are rails, rodes, and tracks (i guessed they meant paths). Because Syria is mainly desert these are used for movment. Im not totally sure how it will work but I havent focused on the rules much. Also I am dropping the Chinese campaigns (srry to those who got excited about them) and i will work on operation market garden. I prefer the European and African theaters.

–------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AASyriaLebanonCampaign.png (98.21 KB, 1907x865 - viewed 1 times.)

Sorry about the lack of picture. I copied this from one of my previous posts. Here it is.

AASyriaLebanonCampaign.png

• Good luck Ryan

• Alright my way of making this will to make a map,print it,play it, then edit. So right now im working on setup. I want to represent the real amount of men involved in the campaign. Thats means no reinforcments or made of troop numbers. In the campaign both sides werer pretty evenly matched. However ive run into a major snag. Should units reprsent battalions or regiments/brigades? in the latter there will be about 23 british troops and 1 maybe 2 french troops. But if we go with the former then the ammount of pieces on the board will be enormous! Give me your input.

• use brigades you dont want the map to be to cluttered if it is small

• Alright but i will do my fair share of editing if you guys dont mind. According to the order of battle Vichy forces had alot more men but thats not the case. So im going to edit it so we can have more tanks and even a amphibious assault party.

• ok… but I agree you should use the brigade because you don’t want too many pieces and the point of these Express games are to be a little smaller  :mrgreen:

• Alright I’m sure your all eager for a report on the Exporter so here are some photos of the Allied forces. The others will be found on my next post.

Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg

• Here is the others

Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg

• And two more just for good measure  :-D

Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 8.jpg

• Cool. I like how you labeled all of the different divisions/brigades/regiments etc. for the units… gives it a more historical feel in my mind. Good job so far.  :-)

• Yes unfortunatly Im having trouble with the Vichy french troops. Check my topic in History to see what I mean.

• Any updates??

• @Sun_Tzu:

Cool. I like how you labeled all of the different divisions/brigades/regiments etc. for the units… gives it a more historical feel in my mind. Good job so far.  :-)

I agree really a cool touch.

• @Pvt.Ryan:

Yes unfortunatly Im having trouble with the Vichy french troops. Check my topic in History to see what I mean.

What are the problems??

• Alright soon I will resume production on Exporter so be on the lookout!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m