• I kno the Russians were hardcore. Being born in a barren wasteland under the hammer of communism wasn’t enough. Losing everything you held dear in an already poor life forced them to take action. When the Russians went to action they couldnt stop. They didnt stop until every last fascist ******* was laying dead in the blood of there vaterland.

Their land, their people, their blood……

• @Pvt.Ryan:

Croesus perhaps we can incorporate the Syria and Iraq campaigns together. The fates of both campaigns were very intertwined.

I’d be glad to, but New Guinea is next for me

• What kind of stuff are you gonna do for New Guinea?

• i got an idea. Lets make a normandy campaign. it’ll fit together. One of us can do the beachs. One battle of Caen, one St. Lo and so on

• If we do do that I would want the beachs

• Was there any naval action? I’d love that

• I dont think so. I think it was just dumping units onto the beaches and moving forward. There was ground fire on the ships, but that would be incorporated into the beaches one…

• I’ll need to check my history. I don’t think we could use Market Garden.

• @Croesus:

Was there any naval action? I’d love that

I believe that Cornelius Ryan’s book The Longest Day describes an attempted German motor torpedo boat strike against the Allied invasion fleet.  It didn’t amount to much.  Nor did the Luftwaffe attack against the beaches led by “Pips” Priller – just two fighters doing a strafing run.  Priller himself (in the movie The Longest Day) realizes that it was a token gesture: as he and his wingmen zoom away after their attack, Priller laughs and declares, “This was the great moment of the German Luftwaffe!”

• We could make a battle of the Atlantic where the Allied navy fights the German navy while trying to move as many convoys through the Atlantic and destroying German U-Boats

• Just forgot to add I have claimed the 2nd battle of el alamein and I will also claim the battle of corregidor

• @The:

We could make a battle of the Atlantic where the Allied navy fights the German navy while trying to move as many convoys through the Atlantic and destroying German U-Boats

For an Express game, I’d recommend focussing on a specific convoy battle, like Convoy ONS 5 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convoy_ONS_5), in order to keep the size manageable.  The Battle of the Atlantic as a whole lasted from September 1939 to May 1945 (it was the longest campaign of the Second World War), so it would be too big for Express.

• As the originator of this idea…

I have strong reservations as to “claiming” battles. The A&A community has always had expansions/house rules that overlap (see how many 1939 games there are). Go ahead and make as many games as you want, but know that you really have no claim to exclusivity, and that others will probably use your maps/rules to make better or different games.

Just a thought.

• No were just deciding who will make what game for our own series. So that way Sun Tzu doesnt make exporter and I dont make winter war. I dont care of someone makes thier own version of exprter. And if its better “Hey! All the more reason to make it!”

• Understood - that makes perfect sense now :-)

• So hows it coming along?

• Hey everyone I just wanted to announce (okay I know I change my mind alot) that I’m NOT going to do China. However I will do Market Garden and Exporter. If nobody is doing  the Philipines or Berlin I’ll take them. Also I’ve noticed nobody posts here that often? Is the operation dead or what? Come on lets get this blitzkrieg moving!

• Sorry I have not been posting more I have been really busy with school lately but summer is only like a month away and then I will hopefully have the time to finish all my games

• Ya to be honest I’m only on cause its the weekend and track seasons over  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m