How is the balance with the new Alpha 2 changes? Please give your view.

• TripleA

I did round 3 india with japan in my last game. since kamikaze can go anytime less worry about usa. so i just went balls deep. :) was a pretty fast game.

here are my thoughts. uk and india need like an inf and another fighter. give germany a bonus for holding the french territories. schiffler plan or whatever you want to call it.

kick japan off with an IC on manchuria. it was after all japan’s puppet state. Either that or korea.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’d go with the IC on Korea, so Japan has the option to improve it to a Major if it wants.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Hey.

Don’t have a cow, but you can’t build a Major in Manchuria.

• Not to make this political cow but over half the country wants abortion abolished. Roe v Wade was supposed to be about if a woman was raped or incest not abortion on demand. So I would say that is flawed logic.

• @GoSanchez6:

Not to make this political cow but over half the country wants abortion abolished. Roe v Wade was supposed to be about if a woman was raped or incest not abortion on demand. So I would say that is flawed logic.

not to make this political but I will any ways

@Gargantua:

Hey.

Exactly.  It’s a minor in Manchuria or a Major in Korea.  The reason I picked Korea is it’s the only territory eligable for Japan to put a Major IC on.  Any other territory is either of too little value or captured from a foreign power.

The idea of the Korean major is only to put 10 infantry a round into Asia without using your fleet to defend transports.  (Not to mention 5 Transports cost more than 1 Major Industrial Complex.)

• TripleA

If I want to play infantry slugfest, I will play classic.

• Customizer

@Cmdr:

@Gargantua:

Hey.

Exactly.  It’s a minor in Manchuria or a Major in Korea.  The reason I picked Korea is it’s the only territory eligable for Japan to put a Major IC on.  Any other territory is either of too little value or captured from a foreign power.

The idea of the Korean major is only to put 10 infantry a round into Asia without using your fleet to defend transports.  (Not to mention 5 Transports cost more than 1 Major Industrial Complex.)

Just popping in, but isn’t Manchuria and Kiangsu all original Japanese territory, and therefore eligible for a major IC? On the game map out of the box it is colour coded as Japanese, making them an original Japanese territory?

• My experience:

OOB: allied advantage
    Alpha1: even
    Alpha2: axis advantage

• @jim010:

Just popping in, but isn’t Manchuria and Kiangsu all original Japanese territory, and therefore eligible for a major IC? On the game map out of the box it is colour coded as Japanese, making them an original Japanese territory?

The only original Japanese territories in mainland Asia are Siam and Korea. All China is chinese. It’s the same as in AA50, 42 scenario: Germans started with soviet territory occupied, but still was original soviet

But for historical reasons Manchuria should be original Japanese (Pu-Yi as puppet of Japan, and occupied by Japan before the start of WWII (sino-japanese war) in 1937 :wink:). It’s chinese in game to allow China enter in Manchuria (stinky ACME wall)

@13thguardsriflediv:

My experience:

OOB: allied advantage
    Alpha1: even
    Alpha2: axis advantage

I’ll agree on A2 with the caveat of an Axis surprise attack somewhere on the board.

• Customizer

@Funcioneta:

@jim010:

The only original Japanese territories in mainland Asia are Siam and Korea. All China is chinese. It’s the same as in AA50, 42 scenario: Germans started with soviet territory occupied, but still was original soviet

But for historical reasons Manchuria should be original Japanese (Pu-Yi as puppet of Japan, and occupied by Japan before the start of WWII (sino-japanese war) in 1937 :wink:). It’s chinese in game to allow China enter in Manchuria (stinky ACME wall)

Are we sure about that?  Has Krieghund commented on this?  By the rules, all colour coded territories are origanal, aren’t they?

• Official Q&A

Roundels, not border colors, indicate original ownership.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

What a SCAM!

• I’m currently seeing no losses as the axis, with a London first and Anzac first approach.

This makes America choose which side is more important….with London and Egypt, all Germany needs is 2/3 of the Russian cities which means they don’t hit the 100+ units in Moscow. With Australia secured, Japan just needs India or Hawaii…as India is “permitted” to do well by turn 5 so as to draw their men away from the capital, a rapid redeploy with the Jap Navy and 9+ transports can make India easier than Hawaii. (Especially if you build 1 naval base mid game).

Regarding Italy, my G1 moves always result in 2 German fighters in S. Italy for a 3 plane scramble that makes UK1 assault on Italian navy a coin toss…and expensive. Plus it requires over committing units due to the implied threat of a scramble.

To counter the axis, I am working on a UK1 abandon UK strategy that shuts Egypt down and brings the US into the war turn 2. I have not seen a London that can hold on turn 4 or later. (4 games “actually” played so far with different opponents each game)

Just my impression so far, with so few games played.

To Jen: regarding the home guard and sea lion. Would simply moving France to the top of the turn order, force Germany to build other then the standard sea lion and delay sea lion by one turn? I guess Italy would lose Northern Italy if Paris were to abandon France and Britain would gain 1 French fighter…might be too much. Eureka: have UK go first, this gives them one more build then the German’s in terms of units able to hit London, frees the Navy so that there is a Royal Navy and denies the UK the Sub NO as they can not kill all 5 subs turn 1. Also, this lets Germany choose its strategy after seeing if UK went all infantry. Not sure if India being able to reinforce Yunnan with a turn 1 DOW would be overpowered.

• TripleA

game blows. I can’t just race to berlin because it fuckin takes too long and japan will get all his damn NOs on pacific. It’s pretty #$%#% stupid.

Every damn axis and allies game comes down to moscow and berlin, with the exception of a few KJF scenarios.
    ~
    That’s why this game is so hard to balance.Can’t just accept victory on one half and defeat on the other :| it is so silly.

@Krieghund:

Roundels, not border colors, indicate original ownership.

Wait, so any territory that the Japanese start the game with are eligable to have Major Industrial Complexes, provided it has the appropriate IPC value?

• Official Q&A

No, Japan may build major ICs only on territories with Japanese roundels printed on them.

@Krieghund:

No, Japan may build major ICs only on territories with Japanese roundels printed on them.

Okay, you had me confused, thought you were talking about control markers placed at the start of the game.  Good, back to Korea as the only valid Major IC location for Japan.

• TripleA

it’s still a turtle spot.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m