FMGC 2011 - Field Marshal Gaming Convention - GTA CANADA

• '10

For more info or registration please visit: http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/FMGC

• '10

The $25 a day just helps us pay for the event.  There will be daily prize draws and we will supply Pizza for late night gamers!  All included in your registration.

The player with the most “points” in all AAA games played over the weekend, will get a grand prize and bragging rights that they beat everyone else…  all for FUN.

• '10

I was asked what time the event would be:

SAT : 9AM - LATE???
    SUN: 9AM - 10PM

• '10

Saturday Door Prize will be a Copy of this Game.

• awww… I so wish I could come. Why must it always be Canada?!?!?!?!?  :?

• '10

@Sun_Tzu:

awww… I so wish I could come. Why must it always be Canada?!?!?!?!?  :?

Because that is where I live.  :-D

• This is great! I live about 20 minutes from where the convention is being held. I’ve never played A&A in a tourney style. What are the guidelines? Bring your own boards? Limited amount of players per team?

• '10

@Sgt.:

This is great! I live about 20 minutes from where the convention is being held. I’ve never played A&A in a tourney style. What are the guidelines? Bring your own boards? Limited amount of players per team?

This is really a “For Fun” tournament.  There are no special rules.  Each Game will have a point value.  The player with the most points at the end of the weekend gets the GRAND PRIZE.

You can bring your own games, we will have a limited supply of some there.

Hope to see you there!!

• What is the GRAND PRIZE, or are you not allowed to say, cuz its a surprise or something?

• '10

@Sun_Tzu:

What is the GRAND PRIZE, or are you not allowed to say, cuz its a surprise or something?

I will release more details as the event gets closer.

• Can you buy tickets for the event at the door?  As I’m thinking of attending, but I’ll have to drive down from Montreal and don’t know yet if I have to do other things that weekend.

• Customizer

Yes you will be able to purchase tickets at the door.

Soooo looking forward to this event FMG!

• '10

@Buran:

Can you buy tickets for the event at the door?  As I’m thinking of attending, but I’ll have to drive down from Montreal and don’t know yet if I have to do other things that weekend.

Gee…man i am in the exact same case !..maybe we could met and cut the expenses for that trip ? Or maybe we could try a live game of AA in Mtl ?

Send me a pm if you’re interested.

• Can you buy tickets for the event at the door?  As I’m thinking of attending, but I’ll have to drive down from Montreal and don’t know yet if I have to do other things that weekend.

Gee…man i am in the exact same case !..maybe we could met and cut the expenses for that trip ? Or maybe we could try a live game of AA in Mtl ?

Two members of our club live in Ottawa.
    They make a 2 hour trip to play World at War game in Laval.
    You realy have to love to play AA!

• My Topographic Terrain custom table (http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18619.0) will be at this event (Along with my set of painted pieces), as will Twisted Aries’ 1940 Global table!

• Customizer

This event is fast approaching!  Sign up now to avoid missing out on this event!

http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/fmgc

• '10

The tournament is a “Just for Fun” event.  The grand prize will be a prize draw.  This is how it works.

Every Axis & Allies game is included.  You get your game “sanctioned” by a Marshal at the event.  Your Gamer numbers (on your Name tag) and the game is recorded.  The Victor gets one ticket to go into the Grand Prize Draw On Sunday.  The only exclusion is that you have to attend the event for both days to take part in the tournament.

The Ticket Values will be as follows:

Axis & Allies - Winner 1 / Loser 0
    Axis & Allies Rev Edition - Winner 1 / Loser 0
    Axis & Allies D-Day - Winner 1 / Loser 0
    Axis & Allies Guadalcanal - Winner 1 / Loser 0
    Axis & Allies Battle of the Bulge - Winner 1 / Loser 0
    Axis & Allies 1942 - Winner 1 / Loser 0
    Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition - Winner 2 / Loser 1
    Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 - Winner 2 / Loser 1
    Axis & Allies Europe 1940 - Winner 2 / Loser 1
    Axis & Allies Global 1940 - Winner 3 / Loser 1

There will also be an AAM event run by some members of TABS.  We will supply a Prize for that Event also.

If there are any disagreements between players in regards to Victory - The FMG appointed Marshals will make a call on the sanctioned game.
    Good Luck and hope to see you there!

• '10

Just one reminder for those who are attending.  There will be a SILENT AUCTION table if you have some old games you would like to be rid of OR if you are looking for something new at a great price.

Thanks

Jeremy

• Customizer

It is also open to all gamers out there so if you have friends that aren’t into AAA, bring them along as there will many other games to be played!

And bring any other games you would like to play this weekend!

Entrance fee covers late night pizza and a pop but refreshments and munchies will be available for purchase throughout the weekend as well.  Cash only!

• Fantastic event!  And some EPIC games played.

Congrats FMG.  Here’s to a bigger and even better event next year!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m