• Been looking for a KJF on here but can’t find any to get me started on what i should do.  Once I get a rough outline I should be able to tweak it.  I used the search funtion but can’t find anything that gives me a starting step by step outline.  Can someone link me or show me to where i can find a decent KJF please?  Would be much appreciated :-)
    thanks guys
    jason

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

KLJF, Revised:

The idea here is to get the Caroline Islands.  From here you have sway to hit FIC, Philippines, East Indies, Borneo, Kwangtung, Manchuria or Japan, making him spread very thin, or yield to you somewhere.

As always, a loaded carrier > any other ship but also, do not forget your transports can be great fodder…all things considered.

I would honestly start deciding if I want to shuttle from Alaska or Hawaii.  Both have their merits, but I feel Alaska is stronger. (It allows you to defend N. America.)

Start walking units there while you produce carriers and submarines. (a few battleships wouldnt hurt, but they can be less effective in the wrong hands than submarines.)

Then corner the fleet.

England can help with a Complex in India and units into SE Asia.

Russia is more than capable, as I demonstrated in a game against switch (should be able to search for it, we’re talking a long time ago however) that Russia can single handedidly stop Germany.  Not beat Germany, but stop them.

I did that by using the “Russian Triple.”  I hit, if I remember right, E. Europe, W. Russia and Ukraine on Russia one segregating the Belarussian contingent and the Scandinavian contingent. (Norway/Finland is great for Russian income too.)

On this map, flags in Saudia Arabia represent national cash on hand.

Here see that America has Finland/Norway.  Not a normal move for me, but it was cleared by the Russians and America had some units in England. (I like to use the destroyer/transport and Washington-ites in E. USA to reinforce England and the fleet right off.)

Russia, meanwhile, has all of eastern Europe.  There are some Germans in Arkhangelsk, but as you can see, they are more than cut off, they will be crushed by the Russians.

England has a complex in India, and was using it to play with the Japanese.  England also has a small fleet, not enough to win, but enough to keep the Germans stuck in SZ 5.

All in all, the once mighty Switch conceeded the game to an upstart, whining and crying the whole time because I used an American transport, Infantry and Artillery in Europe during a KJF game.  But I think you get the picture.  It is certainly possible.  Japan is still strong, but without any serious threat from Europe, and with quite a few British ships and the ability to make more possible, Japan is soon to be crushed.  America, meanwhile, has the where-with-all to out build Japan. (They are collecting more, anyway!)

Like a traditional KGF, you cannot ignore Japan, and in a traditional KJF you cannot ignore Germany.  The difference is that Russia can actually take things while England/America can only liberate things.

KJF Switch v Jen.AAM

• Thanks so much jen!  I actually sent you an email asking info before i came back here and saw your reply.  I read about Switch game…LOL.  I few questions if you don’t mind.  What is better a “slow japan” or a “kill japan” with slowing japan for the purpose of KGF?  Do you recommend rnd. 4 to implement it like you said in other post?  What about IC in S. Africa and/or australia like you mentioned?  How much UK navy do i build to help US when it’s implemented(if IC in south africa and/or australia?  You mentioned consolidating fleet near argentina in one of your post?  Then you use america to island hop along and/or britian, keeping the fleets together(this is more of a slow japan strat??)  As of now I would prefer a slow japan strat more I think.  I just did a first test run using another posters idea…with all of india fleet to jap tranny sz59 then the plane to jap sub soloman islands with UK sub and tranny then land fighter on american carrier, build sinkiang IC and india IC.  I was able to take all the islands eventually and almost all of mainland asia but germany was able to take out russia even though i did a decent job of holding them off.  If it’s to much trouble, as I know it’s a pain to type out all the answers and info, could you help me get a good start?  I have searched the net high and low and you seem to be the only one that gives a halfway decent deatiled KJF or SJD(slow hapan down) strat.  i appreciate it alot and thank you so much.
    jason

Firstly, that game was of high debate for quite a long time, doubly so since it unseated the reigning king of Axis and Allies on this board, but also because he lost to a girl after countlessly stating that any attempt to focus on out building Japan was a lost cause.  Although, there was some luck involved, all my battles of 80% odds or better, on Russia 1, succeeded without totally crippling the attacking force.

Anyway, my humble opinion in Revised is that America, and England to a lesser extent, need to focus on countering Japan’s moves while Russia, and England to a lesser extent, work on eastern Europe.  Why is England to a lesser extent twice?  Well, for once, it is a lesser extent twice, and for another, it is their job to, to a lesser extent!, reclaim Africa.  In this, the allies (combined) earn more than either Germany or Japan (and combined) giving them options, and I am all about the options.

Over all, I would say that most games could be won with an aggressive Russia in Europe, England both reinforcing Russia and reclaiming Africa and an American fleet build in the Pacific.  Generally speaking, Japan will build in opposition to America and thus, you sap Japan’s strength in going ashore.  Meanwhile, with England fighting in Africa, Germany has to sap her strength or give up Africa, and I do not know a lot of players who will give up Africa without an extended fight.  Thus, you are left with 35 IPC from the Allies vs 30 IPC for the Axis (assuming you have taken most of Eastern Europe, of course.)

It seems to work.  An industrial in India is just the icing on the cake.  Building that is what caused Switch to concede and eventually leave the boards entirely.

• '16 '15 '10

• Zukov…thank you so so much.  I appreciate it alot…more than you no(junkie).  Thats what I needed was a layout walkthrough to get me started, then to tweak if need be or in later rounds.  Thanks so much!  Exactly what i needed.  I will come back with any followup questions if you don’t mind.  thanks Jen I appreciate it.

• @Cmdr:

KLJF, Revised:

The idea here is to get the Caroline Islands.  From here you have sway to hit FIC, Philippines, East Indies, Borneo, Kwangtung, Manchuria or Japan, making him spread very thin, or yield to you somewhere.

The Caroline Islands are a great location because of its central position. Unfortunately that also makes any Allied fleet there on easy reach for Japan’s navy and airforce, so during the first rounds any fleet moved there will most likely be sunk.
    To me the Solomon Islands may be a better position since a single sub/transport on SZ51 can block the Japanese fleet on SZ60, making it easier to move there. While you won’t be able to hit the Asian coastline just taking away E. Indies or Borneo from Japan will have a significant dent on its income and makes it harder for the Japanese to reconquer the territory.

• '16 '15 '10

@amethystguy:

Zukov…thank you so so much.  I appreciate it alot…more than you no(junkie).  Thats what I needed was a layout walkthrough to get me started, then to tweak if need be or in later rounds.  Thanks so much!  Exactly what i needed.  I will come back with any followup questions if you don’t mind.  thanks Jen I appreciate it.

No problem….actually I need to edit that little article and make it more readable.  If you have follow-up questions feel free to post them in the article thread.

It also gives America a centrallized post making Japan wonder if they can hold all they have.

Obviously, no one recommends going there if you can be wiped out by everything Japan has, in that case, Australia is a much better target.

• @amethystguy:

Been looking for a KJF on here but can’t find any to get me started on what i should do.

First, you should find an opponent who is less than decent, then, if your opponent does not know that axis needs a bid of 8-9 ipc, a KJF would be more easy than a game that is closely balanced from the start. But even without a bid I would never try a KJF, it might just happen that my opponent is…decent…  :-D :lol: :wink:

I always set up KAF with Japan, if America isn’t decent, then I crush them like a bug.  KJF is always an “idea” to try.  Putting boats in the Pacific are only two turns from the East Coast meanwhile Japanese boats are useless without American ones to shoot at. (generally, as it take a lot longer to get somewhere useful.)

• I use KAF all the time.  I have an 18-7 record with it(74%-75% WIN RATE).  It really only works against those who have not seen it before.  Once you have seen it you can easily block or thwart it.  A little less than half of those wins turned out to be sea lions instead with the KAf start

Yea, KAF is the sole reason people started building infantry in W. USA and walking to E. Canada.  Slower assault into Europe, but Japan has no real ability to do anything to N. America.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m