• @Fishmoto37:

@Idi:

@Fishmoto37:

@Idi:

What happens when the HUGE US fleet joins the UK fleet? Better buy a bunker……With the ratio # of transports to capitol ships on the board your group must be mostly ROOKs.

Sorry Idi, but I do not understand your statement about ratio # of transports. Whose transports are you referring to? Unseen in the photo is the U.S. navy with a large group of transports that are staging off Brazil. See new photo below.

Did the Germans sink the UK fleet on G1?

That is a negative. Only the CA in zone 91 was sunk on G1. By the way, the allies surrendered after six rounds in this game.

The Germans didn’t sink the UK fleet and they still won? WOW you and your players must really be all total newbs. Seeing a staging area off Brazil is one of the funnier notions I have seen on this sight. I especially like the USA players’ tank column parade up and down the East coast….very effective for American morale!

• Woah.  I wish I had Allied opponents like these.  I would give them better and more advice about what to do (especially for the key Allies USA player!) so they actually come back to play next time (6 Round KO, ugh)!  Maybe you should point them in the direction of the forum games here so they can cut their teeth and learn the rules first, eh?  Sucks to play a boardgame in real life and you don’t know what the hell you are doing.  I don’t like being told what to do either but since A+A is so damn long its sometimes easier to take advice from a vet player.

How did the Soviets get into Greece and S. Europe with all the forces you had positioned as the Germans?  At least the Russian player had some inkling as what to do in AAG40.  Let him play the US next time.

• '10

@Fishmoto37:

@M7574:

and how on earth did France get 3inf to TransJ?

Good question. Jeremy at FMG made the suggestion at HOUSE RULES  to place one French infantry each round in any France controlled territory. We just thought we would try it out to see what bearing it would have on the game.

Good call!  Thanks for trying it out!  I use those rules for every game now.

• '10

@SgtBlitz:

Woah.  I wish I had Allied opponents like these.  I would give them better and more advice about what to do (especially for the key Allies USA player!) so they actually come back to play next time (6 Round KO, ugh)!  Maybe you should point them in the direction of the forum games here so they can cut their teeth and learn the rules first, eh?  Sucks to play a boardgame in real life and you don’t know what the hell you are doing.  I don’t like being told what to do either but since A+A is so damn long its sometimes easier to take advice from a vet player.

How did the Soviets get into Greece and S. Europe with all the forces you had positioned as the Germans?  At least the Russian player had some inkling as what to do in AAG40.  Let him play the US next time.

I see by your comments that you have a fast knowledge of AA. Oops, wait a moment did you say the Russian player had some inkling as to what to do? Any rookie can see that the Russians are doomed in my photos. Oh, by the way you did mention the Soviets in southern Europe. Did you ever hear of the old suction game? The Russians have put 3 tanks in harms way. (18 IPCs) They would be destroyed in round seven with little loss to the Germans. (the tank that was in Greece has already been eliminated) Three less tanks to defend Moscow. Except the allies surrendered in round six. All the allies were played by the same player and he was sharp enough to see the game was lost. Oh well, I guess even players with a vast knowledge of AA can miss a few things.

IMAG0014.JPG

• '10

@FieldMarshalGames:

@Fishmoto37:

@M7574:

and how on earth did France get 3inf to TransJ?

Good question. Jeremy at FMG made the suggestion at HOUSE RULES  to place one French infantry each round in any France controlled territory. We just thought we would try it out to see what bearing it would have on the game.

Good call!  Thanks for trying it out!  I use those rules for every game now.

Thanks Jeremy. My friend playing the allies thought it was a great idea. Of course he would.

• '10

@Idi:

@Fishmoto37:

@Idi:

@Fishmoto37:

@Idi:

What happens when the HUGE US fleet joins the UK fleet? Better buy a bunker……With the ratio # of transports to capitol ships on the board your group must be mostly ROOKs.

Sorry Idi, but I do not understand your statement about ratio # of transports. Whose transports are you referring to? Unseen in the photo is the U.S. navy with a large group of transports that are staging off Brazil. See new photo below.

Did the Germans sink the UK fleet on G1?

That is a negative. Only the CA in zone 91 was sunk on G1. By the way, the allies surrendered after six rounds in this game.

The Germans didn’t sink the UK fleet and they still won? WOW you and your players must really be all total newbs. Seeing a staging area off Brazil is one of the funnier notions I have seen on this sight. I especially like the USA players’ tank column parade up and down the East coast….very effective for American morale!

Idi, I see that by your comments that you have a vast knowledge of AA like Sgt. Blitz. Maybe we can play a FTF game sometime so that I can learn some of your secrets.

• @Fishmoto37:

@SgtBlitz:

Woah.  I wish I had Allied opponents like these.  I would give them better and more advice about what to do (especially for the key Allies USA player!) so they actually come back to play next time (6 Round KO, ugh)!  Maybe you should point them in the direction of the forum games here so they can cut their teeth and learn the rules first, eh?  Sucks to play a boardgame in real life and you don’t know what the hell you are doing.  I don’t like being told what to do either but since A+A is so damn long its sometimes easier to take advice from a vet player.

I see by your comments that you have a fast knowledge of AA. Oops, wait a moment did you say the Russian player had some inkling as to what to do? Any rookie can see that the Russians are doomed in my photos. Oh, by the way you did mention the Soviets in southern Europe. Did you ever hear of the old suction game? The Russians have put 3 tanks in harms way. (18 IPCs) They would be destroyed in round seven with little loss to the Germans. (the tank that was in Greece has already been eliminated) Three less tanks to defend Moscow. Except the allies surrendered in round six. All the allies were played by the same player and he was sharp enough to see the game was lost. Oh well, I guess even players with a vast knowledge of AA can miss a few things.

LOL you are quite the funny man.  At least the Russians were attacking and taking territory rather than just dying like flies like the other Allies; how did you let them into S. Europe in the first place?  A good German player should never let the Soviets in the door like that, a capable Russian player could have gotten his bonus NOs if he stopped your initial invasion forces, plus its obvious from the photos that you were playing an unseasoned and beginner skill level player.  You’re right in that he left 3 armor units exposed without infantry support, he should of known better about infantry push and keeping your core units alive, he doesn’t know, a newbie opponent.  You ought to have helped him out or at least offered him some advice on what to do, if he comes back to play again at all.  For all he knows he just wasted a day of his life trying to learn an uncomprehensible game you were destined to win no matter what he tried.  I say again, point him to the A and A forums so he can learn the game from people who won’t just kick him mercilessly over and over again and might teach him a few things about the game, so he’ll feel like sticking with it.

Yes, it is good to crow about victories on the A and A forums, but it is not appropriate to spout off about slaughters where your opponent obviously hadn’t had any game experience and no coherent game strategy.  That was not a good game, sir, good games come from opponents with set strategies and know the odds before going into battles; your game was a slaughter against someone who was learning as they go.  No UK player in his right mind would have left a fleet stranded in the middle of the Atlantic out of range of a Naval Base (considering they start with so many), plus no US player worth his salt would have built so many transports without naval support and left it in range of an Axis-controlled Gibraltar.  I might even ask where the hell are YOUR transports as Germany to pursue a Sealion attack, since the UK is guarded by a mere handful of land units.  The map I am looking at now even has the UK with an exposed Strat Bomber in Iraq, c’mon, you weren’t facing a real opponent at all.  You didn’t win a game, the Axis victory was already foretold before you even started.

If you wish to back up your claim about how you’re a master uber grandmaster strategic mastermind wonderchild worldmasterminduberstrategicplannerdominatormasterthatisneverdefeated, send me a PM.  Let’s try out a new game on the forums, Alpha + .2.  You might win with the dice, but I doubt that will be all there is to it.

• '10

Hey, Sarjento Blitz, I figured that post would get you all stirred up. I was just messin wif ya. Yes I have been helping my friend a lot during and after our games. We always discuss our mistakes openly after each game. In that last game we used an adjusted income schedule for the U.S. in an attempt to slow them down in the pre-war phase. I think we will abandon that house rule for now. Yes he knows about this forum though I do not know how often he visits here. He is better with computers than I. I would not even be on this forum if I did not get help from my son who is into computers for his living. He keeps mine in shape whenever I get it messed up. I am an AA addict and I would love to start playing online. I thought maybe that triple A would be a good place to start but I must have help to get started online. Maybe my son or my AA friend can help me get started. As far as the operation Sealion that you mentioned, I have never seen the need for it in the FTF games that we have had. That just takes away resources that are needed for Barbarossa. Oh and the last part of your post you were speaking in tongues and I have no one here to iterpret.

• Heh, ok.  I was being 50% sarcastic 50% fooling with ya at the end there, mashing the words together like that, Mr. SupremeGeneralICanKickANewbsAss  :-D.  I think TripleA came out with the Pacific setup a few months ago, but not sure how long it will be until we get a Global mod for it.  Considering how often Larry is changing the ruleset on top of the new Global rules it will probably be a long time before they get a Global working.  TripleA is definitely the way to go, though, savegames for the win.  Hope it comes soon.  We’re using an Alpha +.2 mod to the out of box rules so far.

You know how to use ABattlemap, right?  Some of the more computer savvy people on our forum have programmed a Global game map for it, its useful in that it stacks units and chips together like a real game board, so you can play games on the forum with the internal dice roller (I still say its biased on the crucial battles).  We just type out all our moves like a giant herd of nerds on the forums and let the casaulties fall where they may.  It’s pretty fun and can be nail-biting at times, the way it ought to be.  Let me know if you’re interested in starting a forum game, I’ll help you out.

• '10

@SgtBlitz:

Heh, ok.  I was being 50% sarcastic 50% fooling with ya at the end there, mashing the words together like that, Mr. SupremeGeneralICanKickANewbsAss   :-D.  I think TripleA came out with the Pacific setup a few months ago, but not sure how long it will be until we get a Global mod for it.  Considering how often Larry is changing the ruleset on top of the new Global rules it will probably be a long time before they get a Global working.  TripleA is definitely the way to go, though, savegames for the win.  Hope it comes soon.  We’re using an Alpha +.2 mod to the out of box rules so far.

You know how to use ABattlemap, right?  Some of the more computer savvy people on our forum have programmed a Global game map for it, its useful in that it stacks units and chips together like a real game board, so you can play games on the forum with the internal dice roller (I still say its biased on the crucial battles).  We just type out all our moves like a giant herd of nerds on the forums and let the casaulties fall where they may.  It’s pretty fun and can be nail-biting at times, the way it ought to be.  Let me know if you’re interested in starting a forum game, I’ll help you out.

Thanks for the offer to help Sarjento. Hope to get into an online game soon.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m