Check out this spam email i got!!!!

• With Due respect I humbly write to solicit for your partnership and assistance in the transfer and investment of my inheritance fund USD$32.5M from my late father who died mysteriously last Dec. It was very evident that he was poisoned to death. In my culture, when a man dies, if he does not have a male child, the brothers shares his property leaving both the wife and the daughters empty handed including  the house they live in. This is the exact case with me as I am the only daughter of my father. I lost my mother when I was barely a year old and my father refused to re-marry another wife because he felt solely responsible for my mother’s death.

This is so because he concentrated much on his businesses that he rarely pays attention to domestic affairs. He was always traveling taking care of his businesses that he did not notice when my mother took ill. He thought it was a minor illness and was ignorant of this. My mother on her own resorted to self-medication. It was not until the illness degenerated that my father took my mother to hospital where she was diagnosed to find out that hepatitis had eaten deep into her blood stream. She didn’t last long before she died. This happened when I was barely a year old. Based on this, my father could not forgive himself easily because of it and said he was responsible for her death as he could have saved her if only he had paid attention to the things at home rather than concentrating much on his businesses.

Despite all entreaties by friends and relatives, he refused to remarry but ensured that I had everything that I wanted. It was as a result of this that he made me the next of kin to his fund deposit with the bank and stated that in the event of any eventuality, I should have a direct access to the fund only when I am 24 years of age otherwise, I should have a guardian/partner intercede on my behalf for the release of the funds to me. Unfortunately, he died last year and I am 21 years of age currently. This is why I have contacted you to serve as a guardian to me and as my foreign partner for the transfer and investment of the fund overseas. My uncles does not know about the fund because they had already taken my father’s houses and other properties because I am a girl and they said I do not have rights for any property. They have requested to have my father’s bank papers but I simply told them that I do not know where he kept them. The younger brother took the house in the vi
    llage while the houses in the tow

I had at various times had discussions with the director of international remittance unit of the bank where my father deposited the funds and I was assured that once, I have someone who would be willing to receive the funds on my behalf, they shall commence all proceedings to effect the release and transfer of the funds into the person’s designated account. Now, that you have signified your interest to partner with me, it would only be very necessary if you contact the bank and request for the release and transfer of my inheritance fund into your nominated account for the purpose of investment and to further have me come over to your country to continue with my studies as my late father advice me.

I shall be giving you the bank’s contact details as soon as I hear back from you so that you will go ahead and contact the bank.

Your urgent response will be appreciated,
    Talk to you the more, insha Allah
    Sincerely,
    Lateefa Abdul-Baari

LOL

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

It’s the truth man,

I’m going to call him in Nigeria.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

I got the same one!

• Same one, just a minute ago in gmail.

• '10

working for a little non profit organisation, and i receive between 4 and 10 of these about every day lol.

• '10

I got this same exact one this evening.

• The sad part about this is some idiots actually fall for this crap.

• . . . it’s not crap, you just need to wait for them to process your $2000 bank clearing fee.

Then all the money they promise will be yours.  :roll:

I did hear a funny story about one of these Nigerian emails falling into the hands of another con artist, though.  Apparently that con artist turned the tables on the Nigerian (or Nigerian claimant anyways) and swindled him right back.  Good times.

• Somebody should email them back and say something like “dude i was gonna ask you the same favor… can you help us out because we just won the lottery, but the funds are held up by some Nigerian bank and we require a small deposit to release the funds”.

Then post the return email.

• I send back any junk mail (U.S.P.S) I get that is so kind to give me a return envelope.

• @ABWorsham:

I send back any junk mail (U.S.P.S) I get that is so kind to give me a return envelope.

I used to do this too; including the envelope it all came in (usually had to rip that up to make it fit) and maybe some extra papers and stuff I happened to have nearby I don’t need to add weight.  I figured the best way to stop the junk mail is to make it too expensive for the sender.  They pay for the return postage as well as paying someone to open it, make sure there isn’t a legit application inside, then throw it all away…that all can’t be cheap.

Unfortunately, my wife frowns greatly on this practice and since she gets the mail (being home first) I generally don’t get this opportunity anymore.  She says something about wasting her time when she was an administrative assistant a few years ago opening envelopes filled with trash… :?

• http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

Great site of a guy who pranks the people on these scams.

• I categorize those kinds of spam emails as “Earn money while in jail” schemes.

• This is weird… why did so many people get this email?

• @Sun_Tzu:

This is weird… why did so many people get this email?

Email is an antiquated delivery system never really meant for widespread use.  It’s easy to spoof mail servers because even though we find ways to counter the attack.  We’re always a step behind, so spammers will hit domains for a bit before they are neutralized.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@Jermofoot:

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

Great site of a guy who pranks the people on these scams.

LOL - thanks, that was pretty funny. Here’s a story about someone who actually managed to get money out of one of those scammers: http://www.scamorama.com/threebucks.html

• @Jermofoot:

@Sun_Tzu:

This is weird… why did so many people get this email?

Email is an antiquated delivery system never really meant for widespread use.  It’s easy to spoof mail servers because even though we find ways to counter the attack.  We’re always a step behind, so spammers will hit domains for a bit before they are neutralized.

ok

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m